TK-16603 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status (WTF) [472]

TKStrider

Figured I should get this done lest the California fires drive me out of my home LOL!

ID: 16603

Forum Name: TKStrider

Armor Maker: WTF

Helmet Maker: WTF

Blaster Maker: Trooperbay

EI Approval Thread:

Name: Anthony

Height/weight: 5'11", 155lbs

Boot Maker: Imperial Boots

Canvas Belt: Imperial Issue

Hand Guard: Trooper Bay

Holster Maker: Trooper Bay

Required Photos:

Full Body:

FP8bl6s.jpg

rxa8OsQ.jpg

XQajtwu.jpg

gJFG8mk.jpg

UzlFLy8.jpg

CiQnhHp.jpg

Armor Details:

CiQnhHp.jpg

wWYFv6i.jpg

x5soI3y.jpg

3eBaa4R.jpg

6w6VSkm.jpg

rh0BrzZ.jpg

mtiynzY.jpg

5Ry6cuz.jpg

TlxDsBM.jpg

y7m3r4f.jpg

Helmet Details

j4LmRRW.jpg

eSUxwcK.jpg

6lwjiUs.jpg

DwV9GbS.jpg

KQ6glJD.jpg

T2uGmIT.jpg

mhibY69.jpg

2sBRHji.jpg

Accessories:

m9WmbmV.jpg

KLBqIFc.jpg

qTAWEM2.jpg

zsSooLx.jpg

OoAqY1E.jpg

OoAqY1E.jpg

Blaster:

IGFwEEN.jpg

aKHB6sy.jpg

HKMsUtr.jpg

Thanks all! Looking forward to hearing from you

Edited by TKStrider

Hi Anthony, glad to see your Centurion application so soon, !! :jc_doublethumbup:

meanwhile the assigned D.O. start your review, there's a quick fix that would be necessary to complete.

The CRL for L3 states : No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

In your case there's still a bit return edge. just five minutes of sanding can fix this easy.

Reference Images

3U8kO1o.jpg                                K8GiwgN.jpg?1    

DjVHPJ9.jpg  

Good Luck Trooper!! :salute:

Hey Anthony! Great to see your Centurion application. :) Your forearms look better but there's still some return edge that will need to be removed. I've indicated the areas I can see in the photo, but definitely take a close look all the way around and make sure the return edge is completely gone - the plastic shouldn't curve inwards at all.

ACtC-3dvoAi7UYxNaVShvU7HlY2vcUK3HTj6H-Gc

Reference:

ACtC-3dezBmF1WTRRZmWpBF9h2w7CKMXtkQ1WSOf

If it helps, here is a photo from my own Centurion application with the WTF kit. I actually ended up using Lexan scissors to carefully cut around the edge of the forearms. 

ACtC-3eSoD87pk4CueJFsnnVimgA48E2rtQTZlFf

You're almost there. :)

• Like 1

Ok, third times the charm (hopefully). I shaved back everything I believe to be the return edge. It feels and looks completely flat now, and smooth to the tough (no bumps). Would this be correct?

qIqKerR.jpg

8gfWpah.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Anthony,

After discussing your application with the DO team, we're going to need a couple additional corrections in order to proceed.

Looking at the positioning of your thigh ammo pack, it's attached quite off-center:

3eBaa4R.jpg   6w6VSkm.jpg

Although this isn't an item that's specifically called out in the CRL text, we do use reference photos/stills when doing our reviews, and this is something we've consistently enforced at the Centurion level.

The DO team thinks that you can actually probably reposition the thigh ammo pack without even having to fill the previous rivet holes, as the ammo pack should cover them.

WxzfGJe.jpg  ZbSgVDV.jpg

Note that what we're looking for is for the edges of the ammo pack to be equal distance from the 'corners' of the rear thigh ridge:

nlwDx7l.jpg?1      SyTzqxd.jpg?1   J7iZwBU.jpg?1

You should be able to re-use your split rivets, but if not, @justjoseph63 has graciously agreed to send you a new pair if needed.

Finally, it could just be the lighting, but the paint you've used for your rivets/ear screws looks rather yellowish/cream colored and stands out quite a bit from the white armor. Should be a quick fix to use whiter paint.

6a8yFuq.jpg?1    193oFUt.jpg?1                              pa86gCe.jpg?1  pGZmBZU.jpg?1

Please reach out if you have any questions/concerns. Overall you have a great build; just a couple more steps to get you to Centurion.

I hope you're staying safe and getting some relief from the smokey air.

-Sha Sha

So I actually had a feeling that the paint color was off. I bought Humbrol gloss 22 that was cited on multiple reference/suggestion threads, and when you paint it on its MUCH whiter and matches the color of the armor. When it dries, it dries the color that you see. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there another paint that would do the trick?

Not all armor is the same shade of white, I found a white that matched my armor at local paint store.

Here are some references for the knee ammo strip

sml_gallery_12157_15_41437.jpg

gallery_12157_59_38956.jpg

Thanks so much for the paint store recommendation! I ended up taking a piece of ABS plastic to home depot and they just color matched it for me. Worked out perfectly for painting the screws and rivet heads! I also fixed the thigh ammo pack as requested.

9ZjciKh.jpg

AqS1YzG.jpg

Nun2Q7h.jpg

jdK1nxS.jpg

eYAmPBq.jpg

Edited by TKStrider
  • Like 2

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your application and for the quick turnaround with the corrections. The forearm and ammo pack both look great!

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Centurion! On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we discuss areas that could benefit from additional improvement. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Just a few small areas to consider the next time you get suited up.

First, ideally the screws of the TD should sit closer to the ends of the clips. Also, the clips look to be not quite completely curved around the TD, as the ends are sticking up a bit. Not a big deal at all, but worth mentioning.

ACtC-3dI1Iy8gtyTY6eFhEBDjDUEOULbDYkLkbl1

Reference Image

ACtC-3eqH8UiICg-xRiAzDrLmsVnO65_Rv0y6O90

Next, when you're putting the TD on your belt, just ensure it's pushed down all the way. 

ACtC-3f8T1MhB4nMp9TlrQIWM0omRonb83VouqQd

Reference Image

ACtC-3c7A4wnfmuL9MLCpT1t7xB9tKpAdiAQXoJw

Moving on, some of the screws you've used for your brackets are sticking out quite a bit. If you think you can countersink them without compromising the return edge, it would clean up the look.

ACtC-3dFmBThoN2C-KqR_EROybQeLDhqKWwSt-8M

Reference Image

ACtC-3cNAGfgcXtrS24DM-5VRc6BlLJeXMbshkQq

Finally, you've reduced the right side ab/kidney gap, just try to ensure that you're not overcorrecting and overlapping the two. There's definitely room to find a happy medium.

ACtC-3eeUwumq2ud7oZ2lAUwzj2eUKb_yh-BpJu9

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fKHBetmVQ-fKTeIEv9GATBTLp_FBQI5vau

And that's it! Well done on your build, and I'm happy to see another California trooper reach Centurion. On behalf of the DO team, congratulations again!

• shashachu changed the title to TK-16603 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status (WTF) [472]
  • 1 month later...