TK-19844 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (IronMotion)(990)

I hope I'm doing this right. There may be some errors because english isn't my first language. 

I know the lighting isn't the best as is has a light yellow tint, but I tried to fix it a bit :)

Due to Covid19 it's a bit hard to find someone who is able to take pictures and check the fitting of the armor. 

Garrison: Swiss Garrison

TKID: 19844

Name: Ueli Isch

Profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=27757&costumeID=76

Armour maker: IronMotion

Helmet maker: Ironmotion

Blaster maker: Doopydoos E-11 kit.

Full body pictures. One picture is from the approval so you see it's the correct color. 

Actionfoto.jpegtRB6qT4.jpg

PoseFront.jpeg

PoseFront2.jpeg

PoseLinks.jpeg

PoseLinks2.jpeg

PoseRechts.jpeg

PoseRechts2.jpeg

PoseHinten.jpeg

Posehinten2.jpeg

HelmFront.jpeg

HelmLinks.jpeg

HelmRechts.jpeg

HelmBack.jpeg

HelmLens.jpeg

Vocoder.jpeg

Arm.jpeg

Knee.jpeg

Knee2.jpeg

Leg.jpeg

Leg2.jpeg

The rivets may be wrong? When I imagesearch for "rivets" and "pop rivets" it shows the same pictures. So I'm not sure if those are correct or if they need to be filled. 

Codpiece.jpeg

Buttons.jpeg

(Original Humbrol Colors. Might look a bit off due to lighting, can retake new pictures if you want.) 

I'm not sure if the screws are right? The description on the CRL isn't very clear. But I believe I have to change them. (With the V-Screws, does this mean Sink-Screws?)

Detonator.jpeg

Detonator2.jpeg

Detonator3.jpeg

Belt.jpeg

Belt2.jpeg

Shoes.jpeg

Shoes2v.jpeg

Glove.jpeg

The writing is not visible when I'm wearing those. It's hidden under the armor. 

StrappingFront.jpeg

StrappingBack.jpeg

Gun1.jpeg

Gun2.jpeg

Gun3.jpeg

Edited by carcharoth
  • Like 1

Hi Ueli, Thank you for your EIB submission , one of us will be with you shortly.

Meanwhile there are a few fixes that will be needed in order to proceed:

1-  AB / Kidney Gap , CRL for  L2 : " Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide"

It looks like this could be just an  Ab/kidney strapping adjustment , Could you please check this out so the gap can be reduced up to 12.5 mm?

a5D2Fa5.jpg  U32a02H.jpg

2- Thigh ammo belt CRL for  L2:"The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. No pop rivets allowed." 

Could you add a couple of photos inside the thigh ammo belt to see the rivets please? They seems to be pop rivets but it's not clear. If they are pop rivets, they should need to be changed for the correct style.

ybI87Ty.jpg

3- TD Screws CRL for L2: "Clips shall be attached with slotted type, flat or dome top style screws, and be black (two per clip).
V head screws are not permitted."

Yours looks to be slotted that is correct  but "V" head style and will need to be replaced for thr correct style and to be painted in white color.

lgJ5V7T.jpg?1

4- Could you add a close photo of your right thigh front cover strip please? what we need to check is as per the crl states for basic level:  "Cover strip must end at the top of lower ridge in front and back."  and we can't see this detail clearly.

Additional info and photos will be requested by the assigned officer. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

Nice work trooper, a couple of things you may want to address before the DO's go over your application, these are suggestions.

TD caps are too narrow, also clips and screws/bolts are not accurate. Control panel corners should not be rounded.

Detonator2.jpeg&key=050e79c607a83213b2bb

gallery 12157 59 19594

TD

You have different gaps between your shoulder bells, try bringing your right inwards at the top. You could also reduce the gap between your biceps and forearms.

Actionfoto.jpeg&key=acb40b1c625cc5e2c9a2

Belt could come upwards

PoseFront.jpeg&key=e4826028a623b9b6d49e3

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide

Also the height of the Ab and kidney should match 

PoseLinks.jpeg&key=2525eb56ce4d7d94a3e7bPoseRechts2.jpeg&key=f3598ee144861d59fc0

6m3BAqh.jpg?1  lA0qpzp.jpg?1  K0dBed7.jpg?1  0y5NexF.jpg?1

Some of your black lines are a little wide

HelmLinks.jpeg&key=737b4cfae34f9e072d136HelmBack.jpeg&key=d149bfb0c803c005b48d49

DaveMANH08.jpg

You have a little excess paint on your gums: Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. 

HelmFront.jpegVocoder.jpeg&key=ed73209325a1e24e48b5f41

gallery_12157_36_77206.jpg

There is still some return edge on the forearms

Arm.jpeg&key=4e2a936de24e9809f6fc4900ea746QS6rq.jpg?1&key=87c4db15d69cc0025c62ee

Looks like you are missing a cod rivet

Codpiece.jpeg&key=1d18f8c8406034020c63e2 

wmUQv99.jpg&key=f866e3ed2361630c90991bbcCNAChVrOOrPjhRwI7JvcqMDTG_PdpwFZDLo2El6f

Ab button paint is a little large, the plates could be trimmed a little more, also the plates are not rounded on the corners

Buttons.jpeg&key=7bff4a1dee16d11a9353926

LSuei4K.jpg?1&key=0c9c5dfc8959a6e5b45e7e

Ideal placement for thigh ammo strip rivets

Leg2.jpeg&key=b84ff2674d78bcc00a64364486 2pvrAr5.jpg?1&key=8e87fbd8d8c6680b44fc40

Could you also post up an image of your ab/kidney side rivets and also the single top ab rivet.

8ZcOXQN.jpg&key=ea2fccbfb9a71fabb8bcf636

lA0qpzp.jpg?1&key=f2a491bd31b4c10770fdbdK473Osx.jpg?1&key=defc46771ffc3d829d3837

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Ueli, Thank you for your EIB submission , one of us will be with you shortly.

Meanwhile there are a few fixes that will be needed in order to proceed:

1-  AB / Kidney Gap , CRL for  L2 : " Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide"

It looks like this could be just an  Ab/kidney strapping adjustment , Could you please check this out so the gap can be reduced up to 12.5 mm?

a5D2Fa5.jpg  U32a02H.jpg

2- Thigh ammo belt CRL for  L2:"The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. No pop rivets allowed." 

Could you add a couple of photos inside the thigh ammo belt to see the rivets please? They seems to be pop rivets but it's not clear. If they are pop rivets, they should need to be changed for the correct style.

ybI87Ty.jpg

3- TD Screws CRL for L2: "Clips shall be attached with slotted type, flat or dome top style screws, and be black (two per clip).
V head screws are not permitted."

Yours looks to be slotted that is correct  but "V" head style and will need to be replaced for thr correct style and to be painted in white color.

lgJ5V7T.jpg?1

4- Could you add a close photo of your right thigh front cover strip please? what we need to check is as per the crl states for basic level:  "Cover strip must end at the top of lower ridge in front and back."  and we can't see this detail clearly.

Additional info and photos will be requested by the assigned officer. 

Cheers 

1)

Good thing I did those additional photos. It's already 1/2 inches :)

Seiterechts.jpegSeitelinks.jpeg

2) I'll try to fix that.

3) I still don't know what "V Style" is and google image search isn't helpful. Can you provide an example please? Does this describe the type of screwdriver-design? I.e. - vs +?

4) Will do as soon as I'm home :)

Edited by carcharoth
  • Like 1

"I still don't know what "V Style" is and google image search isn't helpful. Can you provide an example please"?

This refers to the shape of the screw head, Ueli.   What you have now are "V-head" (image 1) which are not permitted.  Ideally, they should be "Pan-head" (image 2) but round head screws (image 3) are acceptable.  The top must be slotted (top, image 4) and not Philips (bottom).  Hope this helps!

1                                2                              3                                 4

KZfttEo.jpg      EoSMLNz.jpg?1     HxutRTs.jpg?1            UI34oPT.png?4

• Like 2

On 8/20/2020 at 12:55 AM, TKSpartan said:

This one? 

Please don't say that this strip is to short, as I don't have replacement material here :/ 

BeltDetails.jpeg

I'll try to fix the other things you guys mentioned on the weekend. :)

Should be relatively easy to do. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, carcharoth said:

Please don't say that this strip is to short, as I don't have replacement material here :/ 

Thank you for the photo. don't worry, it's ok.

What we need you to fix to your helmet frown is to refine the paint that leaves the teeth area. May be a toothpick and some paint remover, (NON ACETONE) can do the job. 

6ffsxPi.jpg

Cheers.  

• Like 1

Hi, could you please add the following Photos ?

1- Image of your ab/kidney side rivets and also the single top ab rivet. (if they are present)

2- Close Photo of your Helmet Neck Trim to see the type

3- Photo of your neck seal

Thank you.  :salute:

On 8/20/2020 at 1:13 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

TD caps are too narrow, also clips and screws/bolts are not accurate. Control panel corners should not be rounded.

Fixed the screws. (Visited 3 Citys and 5 Shops to get those as nowadays most hardware shops only have Philips and Torx Screws... *sigh* 

(And ignore the black smudge on the holder. I cleaned after I saw it on the picture :) )

There's still a problem with the caps as I can't make them broader. If this isn't acceptable for Level 2 I'm forced to withdrew or pause the application until I can get new ones. 

DetoFix.jpeg DetoFix2.jpeg 

Edited by carcharoth

9 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi, could you please add the following Photos ?

1- Image of your ab/kidney side rivets and also the single top ab rivet. (if they are present)

2- Close Photo of your Helmet Neck Trim to see the type

3- Photo of your neck seal

Thank you.  :salute:

Hi :)

1. There aren't any side rivets as they're only required for Level 3 which I'm not aiming for. L2 is enough for me :) 

2 & 3 see photos attached. 

HelmetS.jpeg

Seal1.jpeg

Seal2.jpeg

8 hours ago, carcharoth said:

Hi :)

You will still need a cod rivet A split (bifurcated) or single cap rivet is present on the lower tab (cod area) of the abdomen armor

wmUQv99.jpg&key=f866e3ed2361630c90991bbcCNAChVrOOrPjhRwI7JvcqMDTG_PdpwFZDLo2El6f

13 hours ago, carcharoth said:

1. There aren't any side rivets as they're only required for Level 3 which I'm not aiming for. L2 is enough for me :) 

Hi , thank you for the additional photos and the fix of  TD screws , ( I'm sorry you have a challenge time looking for those specific screws, but certainly your TD looks much better now :jc_doublethumbup: )

Don't worry about the Ab/Kidney rivets , this will appear as  a L3 requirement and the same for the TD caps. 

One more fix that we need you to make,(As Glen has pointed ), is to add a split rivet to the Cod of your armor. It doesn't need to be functional, but it's a must for EIB.

The Crl for level 2 states: 

A split (bifurcated) or single cap rivet is present on the lower tab (cod area) of the abdomen armor.
Rivet does not need to be functional.
Rivet on must be brass or silver in color, approximately 5/16" (8mm) in diameter and is not painted.

Reference Images

uioVjor.jpg            8gsMtpn.png?2         svnXKSb.jpg?1

Almost there Trooper !!  :salute:

Don't worry. That's in the making :)

But I don't know if these exist over here as I've never seen one in a hardware store. 

Would a normal rivet be okay too? As long as it looks right on the outside. 

Edit:

Normal rivet should be ok according to the CRL. That's great, so I can fix it without visiting 5 hardware stores again ;D 

Edited by carcharoth

Unfortunately a normal rivet may not do, Ueli.  The head needs to be flat or convex and be about 8 mm in diameter.  Since you have more than a dozen TKs in the Swiss Garrison, I would advise getting in touch with one or more of them to find out what source they used for theirs.

As far as I know, most TKs over here use the normal rivets from Prym.

Only one uses the split rivet but he got it from RS and doesn't know a source in switzerland for these. I also searched the websites of the biggest stores over here and only found plastic rivets or "Musterbeutelklammern" which are clearly the wrong ones. 

Maybe it's just a miscommunication due to language, but the crl states 

A split (bifurcated) or single cap rivet is present on the lower tab (cod area) of the abdomen armor.

And when I google "single cap rivet" they look exactly like the one pictured below. 

Not to sound rebellious or something, I'm just confused :)

Rivet.jpeg

Edit: I have these too: 

Is it possible that those above are double cap, and those below are single cap? 

Rivets2.jpeg

Edited by carcharoth

16 hours ago, carcharoth said:

Edit: I have these too: 

Is it possible that those above are double cap, and those below are single cap? 

Hi, Yes the second photo is for single cap rivets. You can use then for the Cod and Thigh ammo pack.

X9isYSG.jpg?1

Cheers.  :salute:

3 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi. Yes the second photo is for single cap rivets. You can use then for the Cod and Thigh ammo pack.

Cheers.  :salute:

That's great! I'll fix that as soon as I'm home and provide new pictures :)

(May take a while. It's 08:27AM over here :) )

• Like 2

The single cap rivets are actually perfect (and screen accurate) as long as the head size (diameter) is about 8 mm.

• Like 2

Cod rivet done after a lot of swearing because those rivets are the worst. (The bronze part didn't split properly. Wasted ~5 rivets for this part)

It also was a real pain to remove the ammo pack rivets only to find out, that these darn rivets are to short to re-attach the pack. 

Anyway, tomorrow I visit the capital city. There should be a store with the right rivets. Maybe I'll redo the cod rivet too. 

Anyway... time for something relaxing before I go real mad. 

See ya tomorrow. 

Cod1.jpeg

Cod2.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carcharoth said:

Cod rivet done after a lot of swearing because those rivets are the worst. (The bronze part didn't split properly. Wasted ~5 rivets for this part)

It also was a real pain to remove the ammo pack rivets only to find out, that these darn rivets are to short to re-attach the pack. 

Anyway, tomorrow I visit the capital city. There should be a store with the right rivets. Maybe I'll redo the cod rivet too. 

Anyway... time for something relaxing before I go real mad. 

See ya tomorrow. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having a not good time with the rivets, we really appreciate your efforts  and believe me ,all that effort is worth it when you see your EIB badge under your name, your certificate and the extra bonus, "Being part of the EIB 1000. "

Thanks Trooper !! :salute:

• Like 2

Good news everyone 

I redid the Ammo pack with double cap rivets. 

Ammopack1.jpeg

Ammopack2.jpeg

Now the other good news:

I was in this leather shop, looking for single cap rivets and I asked him "You don't have split rivets, do you?" and he said "Of course I have" which was totally unexpected as I didn't believe a leather shop would have such things. Switzerland ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The bad thing is, they're golden. The good thing is, it's only a coating. After I sanded it with 400 and 5000 sanding paper, it looked like in the picture below. Now I can mirror myself in them :D

So, the question is: What do you think, should I redo the cod rivet and replace it with the split rivet? On one hand, it'll look better and the rebels can see themselves when they lie dying on the battlefield and we march over them. On the other hand, I never worked with such rivets before and I feel a bit weird to have pointy things in that region :)

In theory I could also redo the ammo pack with those, but I believe that the double cap rivets are more stable and according to the CRL they're okay too. 

Splitrivet.jpeg 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carcharoth said:

So, the question is: What do you think, should I redo the cod rivet and replace it with the split rivet? On one hand, it'll look better and the rebels can see themselves when they lie dying on the battlefield and we march over them. On the other hand, I never worked with such rivets before and I feel a bit weird to have pointy things in that region :)

In theory I could also redo the ammo pack with those, but I believe that the double cap rivets are more stable and according to the CRL they're okay too. 

Hi, Ueli, what a great news ! 

Your ammo pack looks better now. I'm not sure if is a light effect or do they  still need to be painted in white color? 

About re doing the Cod rivet , you can leave it as it, It's according the crl

Great work  !!  :jc_doublethumbup:

2 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Your ammo pack looks better now. I'm not sure if is a light effect or do they  still need to be painted in white color? 

That's no light effect, that's me being stupid. I really forgot to paint it white :D (It was a long day... ) 

Did that with white edding. But can add acryl color if you want. 

White2.jpeg White.jpeg

1 hour ago, carcharoth said:

That's no light effect, that's me being stupid. I really forgot to paint it white :D (It was a long day... ) 

Did that with white edding. But can add acryl color if you want. 

:laugh1:  welcome to the forgetfulness club , those things happens to me every time. :56pullhair:

Please add some more white to have a more accurate finish please.  

Reference Image

uztBn0v.jpg?1

• Like 2