ANH original in an auction catalog

OddViking327

Someone on another group posted this catalogue for an auction because it had an Endor helmet, but in looking through it, there are a few other Star Wars helmets and props, including a Vader, and an original AHN stunt TK helmet that I thought should be posted here (with an interior shot):

xiAkQdD.png

Also a full TK suit from the Madalorian: 

DGA7zYw.png

Full catalogue pdf is here, TK helmet is on Page 190, and the Star Wars suff is around there: https://content.propstore.com/auction/EMLA+LA/EMLA-LA2020_Catalog_OnlineView_B2.pdf?fbclid=IwAR17FbHEU6uevTIdV73_hg5VyPZxzuvVcxoxOsV_ye-xh_hieltXS9UbRO8

Edited by OddViking327
added a line
  • Like 1

The mandalorien tk suit is estimated to go for eight to ten grand ... unbelievable . RS props will sell you a brand new ,exactly the same , for one and a half grand allin , built to fit you . 

The guy selling it has apparently already ordered a replacement from RS ...lol... 

good on him if he gets that for it ! Can't blame a guy for trying . 

• Like 1

Had a discussion about this a few weeks ago, yes it was in The Mandalorian which gives it some status but at the end of the day it is RS armor so really it's up to the buyer I guess as to how much they think that is worth. 

It was only a matter of time before one of those lucky enough to have been part of the Mandalorian, would see dollar signs and decide to cash in.

Me personally, I would have tried to get as many as possible to sign the armour and keep it as a memento of a truly once in a lifetime experience.

• Like 5

Someone on another group posted this catalogue for an auction because it had an Endor helmet, but in looking through it, there are a few other Star Wars helmets and props, including a Vader, and an original AHN stunt TK helmet that I thought should be posted here (with an interior shot):

xiAkQdD.png&key=ea2933c10945320d7bbf803dac6b24fa7e49abf4601d6f1e64cd8550dc301691

Also a full TK suit from the Madalorian: 
DGA7zYw.png&key=4dc9b129bd1f570918a353b9b7d9916ad872fd744ccb2c1a1bbc1734479b4050

Full catalogue pdf is here, TK helmet is on Page 190, and the Star Wars suff is around there: https://content.propstore.com/auction/EMLA+LA/EMLA-LA2020_Catalog_OnlineView_B2.pdf?fbclid=IwAR17FbHEU6uevTIdV73_hg5VyPZxzuvVcxoxOsV_ye-xh_hieltXS9UbRO8

I can’t believe that anyone would pay over the odds for a kit from the Mandalorian. Being brutally honest, it’s not even very well built or fitted.

The topic of “oh, that makes [xyz] kit cannon” is a slippery slope. Let’s be honest, they are built to various qualities, as are the various armour suppliers.
Personally, I believe that new-comers should be aspiring to replicate original, screen used suits, not copies.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 4:04 AM, CableGuy said:

I can’t believe that anyone would pay over the odds for a kit from the Mandalorian. Being brutally honest, it’s not even very well built or fitted.

The topic of “oh, that makes [xyz] kit cannon” is a slippery slope. Let’s be honest, they are built to various qualities, as are the various armour suppliers.
Personally, I believe that new-comers should be aspiring to replicate original, screen used suits, not copies.

Km44eeo.jpg

It certainly would appear that someone out there disagrees with your opinion.

After seeing that, I'm done trooping in mine... I believe it was one of only 2 Centurion kits on set if that makes you feel any better haha

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

Km44eeo.jpg

It certainly would appear that someone out there disagrees with your opinion.

After seeing that, I'm done trooping in mine... I believe it was one of only 2 Centurion kits on set if that makes you feel any better haha

Hmmm. Yes - not sure how my moral compass is feeling about this one. :wacko:

When I first posted this, it was about the helmet prop, an original In good condition that was never converted for ESB and has never been sold before. Really good Reference. I hadn’t noticed that the full suit was from a 501st extra, I assumed it was an LFL suit, but it says right there in the text description.
Not only does this feel inappropriate to auction, but I feel like LFL would not be too happy with this either, after giving us a chance of a lifetime. Either those opportunities stop, or there is a provision in the contract against this in the future.

• Like 2

It's the troopers suit and he/she can sell it. Where I think this went wrong is linking it back to the official show. Just an opinion, but 14,000 is going to get the attention of LFL and not in a good way.

Lots of helmet photos at the auction link. The original helmet went for $110,000 . Check out the wonky ear screws, they are in totally different spots on each side, and not lined up with the traps. It’s fun to see how different those original ANH helmets were. https://propstoreauction.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/267/lot/62794/

oLNuHyW.png

3tPCmP4.png

Edited by OddViking327
Added photos
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

Triple L3 for that armor in the near future too.

Do you think one sale could potentially have lasting implications when it comes to the cooperation between LFL and the 501st? If so, I would hope the higher ups would get out in front of it.

Beautiful original ANH helmet and auction result. I've been noticing that a lot of the original ANH stripes appear lighter blue in more recent photos than in the movie. I realize they now are a bit yellowed and perhaps faded a bit over time, but a lot of the originals seem to have similar lighter blue stripe colors. And the RS Propmaster painting videos show that Si uses a light blue/grey Humbrol color as well. This auction listing has me wondering- should I reconsider Humbrol French Blue for my ANH stripes?

22 minutes ago, belloq said:

I've been noticing that a lot of the original ANH stripes appear lighter blue in more recent photos than in the movie. I realize they now are a bit yellowed and perhaps faded a bit over time, but a lot of the originals seem to have similar lighter blue stripe colors. And the RS Propmaster painting videos show that Si uses a light blue/grey Humbrol color as well. This auction listing has me wondering- should I reconsider Humbrol French Blue for my ANH stripes?

Not to get too far side-tracked from the original purpose of the thread, but you'll be interested in the link below, John. =)

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39650-anh-paint-colour-guide/

• Like 1

$14,000 for a 501st approved costume, if only we could all sell ours for this, I'd be pumping out a set of armor every week :laugh1:

At first I was like ok but it's not Mandalorian specific era armor BUT the Propstore has mentioned several times it's a costume created by the 501st and appeared throughout the series so the buyer should know what they are getting. At the end of the day it's a nice payday for the member and it did appear on screen and I'm sure the purchaser is happy.

The helmet, those ear screws, "he cringes" 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...