TK-22504 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (RS) (989)

• Name: Alexander Schwaninger
  • TK-ID: 22504
  • Forum Name: azoroes
  • Garrison: German Garrison (SESQ)
  • Legion profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=30445
  •  
  • Armor: RS Prop Masters
  • Helmet: RS Prop Masters
  • Undersuit: RS Prop masters
  • Blaster: Doopy Doo Kit
  • Neckseal: Imperial Seamstress
  • Gloves: Friendmade
  • Belt: Selfmade
  • Boots: Imperial Boots
  •  
  • Size: 1,80m 
  • Weight: 63kg 

Full Shots:

ulweUKP.jpg

mEtwHSz.jpegz2fOUw7.jpeg

ZeMtM2H.jpeglYCqsVv.jpeg

7VAQ0q1.jpegiKjdCqs.jpeg

Detail Shots 

1ywDKdi.jpegSVblCtN.jpegfp4vh9M.jpege7VHLVR.jpeg

VTEiBMD.jpg

6kO3afu.jpgTRHgMPg.jpgl3tZrYE.jpgGlc3De3.jpg

Helmet

BjRSv49.jpegAV4kZaL.jpeg

3D7hgCG.jpegOh3bHvD.jpeg

jxttY2X.jpegxo4fLn1.jpeg

Fs9smP0.jpegD8yy2MJ.jpeg

Acessories

YrcUxa4.jpegPaRfFGt.jpegdkagu0g.jpeg

5iL4GkQ.jpegq3wd1JG.jpegjFav2f1.jpegH9x4v59.jpeg

Blaster

t0py7Ea.jpgV06wCRO.jpgZne8brW.jpg5762MV8.jpg

Edited by azoroes
  • Like 1

Nice work trooper, a few things you may want to address before the DO's get here.

Your drop boxes should align with the end of the plastic belt.

mEtwHSz.jpeg&key=187d9613becf65007887135

Thighs at the rear appear to be hitting your butt plate and it's being pushed outwards.

7VAQ0q1.jpeg&key=104f3ae8431175450d1540cz2fOUw7.jpeg&key=3428dc52da8d29b73a67a92

Kidney plate is sticking out on your right side.

iKjdCqs.jpeg&key=34ef956f79a7883afbc1313

Could you also provide a photo of your right side ab plate top snap.

Note blasters don't normally have weathering on the grips or T track.

Also the henglster (counter) is on a slight angle and could be straightened.

V06wCRO.jpg&key=91ba0cb25c148c7efc9699e7

Good luck with approval 

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-22504 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (RS)

Hi Alex, and thank you for your submission for EI!  One of us will be with you shortly, sir, but before we can move along we need one quick (easy) fix and one additional photo.

As per the CRL for Level 2, the TD clips are positioned "...with little to no gap between the clips and end caps".  The left one is OK, but the one on the right needs to be moved out to match it.

Please add a photo of your hand guards side by side as well.

As soon as you get that moved, please post up the photos and we can get started!    :duim:

0R5rBhx.jpg

Hi again, Alex!  Thanks for fixing your TD clips and adding the extra requested photos, sir, but we do have 2 issues before we can complete your request.

After discussing the matter with several of the Staff members:

1.   We are asking that you remove the Gaffer tape from your biceps.  Although this particular use of it (on the biceps) was seen on at least one trooper in the film, on the vast majority it was not present.

While it is screen accurate to a degree, the FISD (and 501st) are about "standard" armor and not exact costume prop replication.  While some other Detachments (like the MEPD) may require these small details as seen on a particular trooper in the film(s) for higher levels, we at the FISD are about the "ideal" overall look and do not permit Gaffer tape on EI and Centurion submissions.

Reference images

xA8YWAx.jpg  FFrh1kN.jpg?1  8GfSNJ1.jpg?1  67ZvbMI.jpg?1  m0c7sPj.jpg?1  pG1BgCH.jpg?1

If you choose to add the tape back after your approval(s) that is up to you, but note that it will eventually need to be replaced over and over, depending on how much you troop.  One suggestion (even if you use the tape in the future) is to add a strap/snaps to connect the shoulder bell/bicep to help keep it in place.

M5zYgOh.jpg

2.  While we appreciate that your tube stripes are hand painted and the placement is ideal, the shapes will need to be more consistent with those seen onscreen.  Note in the reference photos that each stripe is almost identical to the others and much more uniform.

This can be achieved by either using a template (as seen here) or decals (seen here).  This is going to take a little work on your part, but we have the confidence that you can do this and if we can be of any help, just ask!

6reFBrc.jpg   rdt3M3c.jpg?1   5yPl6xX.jpg

Reference images

RVY3to8.jpg    thjRwPb.jpg   MXrEsfm.jpg  CGlTKMO.jpg

We look forward to seeing the updated photos so that we can get that EI badge under your name!

• Like 1

Hi Joseph, 

All right, I already fixed the strapping on the biceps as you suggested, it's also a good way to get it a bit smaller for packing. 

I also repainted the helmet stripes, paying more attention to get all of the stripes as similar as possible, badly I ain't got a template by hand and shipping from the US takes about a month, so Itried again with tamiya masking tape, please let me know if it's good enough, the differences are within 0,5mm and I carefully shaped all of the curves the same. HN02pzo_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

O3Un60z_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&KPiw8i0_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Thanks a lot to everyone for overseeing all of my project, it means a lot to me. 

Imperial greedings, 

Alex 

Edited by azoroes
  • Like 1

Hi Alex, and thank you for your application and the additional photos and fixes.  AWESOME work on those updated tube stripes, by the way!  :jc_doublethumbup:

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry! On behalf of the DO team and myself, congratulations:salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Let's start from the top, sir.

Your brow trim sits a little too far back on the left side, and is a bit short on the right.  I suggest just moving it around (as shown) and you will be good to go!

Reference images

5W0w0ks.jpg  MeN7GCa.jpg             gnidy9E.jpg?1    o6Y1pjP.jpg?2

Another quick paint issue is seen on the vocoder.  The lines on the bottom ridges needs to come up, and they should be symmetrical, crisp and clean.

Reference images

R0ISKtD.jpg               tmCkV7M.jpg?1   27Te6i9.jpg?1

Your posterior plate is riding pretty far out and really should be brought in to where the rear aligns with the back plate.  Some strapping adjustments should take care of this, but if you need another route we can provide some alternatives. ;)

Reference images

39J2Dti.jpg     H9H0cR6.jpg           l9FFb3L.jpg?1  35tfvh3.jpg?1  UommLev.jpg?1

For a better screen accurate look and comfort standpoint, we suggest that you trim down the tops of your thighs in the rear.  You may be experiencing the sharp points at the seam poking into you, or that they make a clicking noise while you walk.  Both these can be eliminated with a reduction in the height and will give you much better overall look.

Reference images 

bj6dytg.jpg                kSMZHhB.jpg?1   K8YGftt.jpg?1  TlLoF6V.jpg?1

Just a side note here, but we suggest that you remove the excess E-6000 that seeped out from underneath the sniper plate.  Should take all of 5 minutes, and will give you a better look.

Bhjt9TH.jpg   owM8psa.jpg   

Although technically flexible as required by the CRL, we are suggesting that you change out your hand plates.  Both the left and the right should be symmetrical in design.  The arc on the bottom of the left one is good, but the right one is way different, and the edges are pretty ragged looking.  It's these small details that can make the difference between a average looking TK and a GREAT looking TK!

wYXv9AS.jpg      w6Lbamu.jpg?1  BTdcosa.jpg

Reference images

ZmZZ6o5.jpg?2   yvz5Cdp.jpg?1

The Hengstler counter on your E-11 is sitting a little too far back and is mounted at an angle.  We suggest moving it forward and leveling it out.

Reference images

c83NFpG.jpg    qtL8K2N.png?1   5kwN459.jpg

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The paint on the edges of the frown need to come out to a point, as seen in the reference images.  Easy fix! 

Reference images

qoTbvzi.jpg       pcoEQ0g.jpg?1HnVoUuN.jpg?1

Although not specifically mentioned in the CRL, one of the items that will need some tweaking is the shoulder bell connection.  The tops should touch (or be very close to) the shoulder bridge as seen in the reference images.  The left one is very close, but the right one needs to be raised about half an inch.

1yRljnz.jpg?1              kcg7XSu.jpg?2  IXydyrp.jpg?2

This is an all-too-common issue we see (but easy to fix).  As per the CRL for Level 3, the outside edges of the drop boxes must align with the outside edge of the ABS belt.  Some E-6000 behind the strap in the rear should remedy this easily.

Reference images

emxR12c.jpg     KD3vFpy.jpg     PZyR3Pi.jpg?1           v09MMMt.jpg?1    q9JjvaD.png?1   g8iIgI0.jpg?1

This is going to be a tough one.  As required in the CRL for Centurion, the 45 degree corners on the ends of the ABS ammo belt must meet up with the edges of the cloth belt.  Unfortunately, it looks as if you have trimmed the ends of the belt a bit short and gave them too much of an angle, so it will need to be changed out, sad to say.

Reference images

WlzuFlO.jpg                    xXv1vEg.jpg?1    buCovLh.jpg?1

Overall a great job on removing the return edges on the wrist opening, but the area inside the "hump" will also need to be removed.  5 minutes with a Dremel or file and you are golden!

Reference images

zOLJAId.jpg                        qLdE09B.jpg?1  qLQeJku.jpg?1  46QS6rq.jpg?1

Last up, it appears that you have some silver paint on the T-tracks of your E-11 which needs to be removed.  The original T-tracks were made of plastic, so no "weathering" should be present.  Another easy fix! 

Reference images

yZBS5mz.jpg   DwDxxSd.jpg      4ZFyigT.jpg?2 yXTy9bX.jpg?2

And there you have it, brother.  You have some work ahead of you, but after the way you jumped on the previous requested fixes and did such a fantastic job on them I feel completely confident that you can do the same for the ones above.  Looking forward to seeing your submission for Centurion soon!

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-22504 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (RS) (989)

Thanks a lot, I'm happy to pass EI

I'll take all advices I can get, so one time I fixed all the little points I'll apply for Centurion. 

I already started cutting out the arms, trimming the thighs and re-work the blaster. 

As I read the crl and totally understood it, I really don't know how this mistake with the belt could have happened, but I'll fit that! 

Chreers, 

Alex 

• Like 3

THAT'S the spirit, Alex!  :jc_doublethumbup:  If you need any advice on any of the issues, just ask, and always feel free to contact any of us on the D.O. staff if we can help in any way.