WIP: Realistic Commander Pyre , supported by the voice Liam McIntyre himself!

Sano

I’ve had a brief read and it is looking good.

thought this one would be pretty straight forward and you made a good decision to also look as the Phasma explanations on finish.

I think the colour grey needs to be defined as in tone . Light, Dark etc.

Have you sourced a paint for it or can you find out what time the paint shop will use if that’s the way you are going.

6 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

I’ve had a brief read and it is looking good.

thought this one would be pretty straight forward and you made a good decision to also look as the Phasma explanations on finish.

I think the colour grey needs to be defined as in tone . Light, Dark etc.

Have you sourced a paint for it or can you find out what time the paint shop will use if that’s the way you are going.

Yes, we matched the color from the figure.

"Schiefergrau - RAL 7015" fits best. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sano said:

Yes, we matched the color from the figure.

"Schiefergrau - RAL 7015" fits best. 

Excellent.

for those that don’t speak German, that is Slate grey. :)

3 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Excellent.

for those that don’t speak German, that is Slate grey. :)

Exactly. Let me know if I can do anything besides posting more pictures 

When your kit is ready, if you can make sure you have a set of images of the individual parts in a lay out the same as the TFA TK that would be great. I'll need to Photoshop them so it is just the parts with no background.

Also for you front and rear main images, make sure you have someone with you to help dress you so everything looks perfect for the CRL model.

I will go through the CRL changes you have suggested and get a Wiki CRL document (origin Wiki) opened so that can be formatted to look like the other CRL's

Final pieces are the photos really and making sure you look the best you possibly can for those :).

When you have the images ready the easiest way would be to put them in a google doc and email the info to me.

I'll send you a PM with the email address to use.

OK Dino, the Wiki origin is built currently with TFA trooper images until we get your photos.

Please use the TFA CRL so you know what images we require, but basically all the same type including the gasket shots where you can see armour parts ( need to be gold )

I made minimal changes to the wording you submitted and onlt added the colour definition for the boot instep armour colour.

I am undecided as of yet if we should change the "grey" to Slate Grey" in the descriptors.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright .. recap time.

Last Thursday I picked up everything from the chrome guys. That was a total of 20 hours by car. Personally, I wouldn't do it again unless there is a valid reason, although the highway to the east was very, very empty and almost always unlimited.

You could podrace a bit there. Anyhow.

The chromers did a good job, with some parts needing to be remade. But it's not a huge drama. Then I spent the days (Thursday evening, the entire Friday + Saturday) with the strapping. So the Saturday at the con itself. Thanks to my supporters kept the booth running. On Saturday I gave Liam McIntyre an extra set of gloves with handplates (whatever he should do with them, but hey. I don't need 2 pairs and he thought it was cool - Mission accomplished) and an embroidered shirt with a Pyre helmet + Commander Pyre - Build Crew and my logo on the back. Even then I thought "he won't wear it anyway".

Then Sunday .. the moment of truth. In the livestream on Instagram I then pulled (got) everything for the first time. The video is on IGTV: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTt0cl4KfWc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

You can also see Liam's reaction directly there. Incredibly awesome! And he actually wore my shirt! Just awesome. The rest of the day I took photos with a lot of people. Then there was the moment when Liam stopped by my booth and looked at all the props. He celebrated everything - which I celebrated a lot :-D :-D :-D

He also signed the helmet from the inside :)

In general, I can only say: I didn't think that everything would work out like this, but the stress was absolutely worth it. Sunday was definitely one of the best days of my life. Here are the pictures :)

BmyiWLw.jpg

izGvxdN.jpg

wpSgHX7.jpg

A new helmet is needed for the CRL. The helmet is already gold chrome-plated and will then get the black details at some point in the days. :) + taking photos for the CRL of the individual parts :)

Edited by Sano
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Wow oh wow. The dedication you have put into this project is truly inspiring, especially when you have personal struggles to contend with. So much positivity comes from this WIP. Thanks for sharing it. Superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most impressive, I know it's your first outing and no doubt you will want to make a few adjustments, here are a couple you may want to make before you kit up again for CRL photos.

Your chest at times is popping over the ab and looks very high, try to bring this down.

Also the top of the cod can be seen between the belt and ab.

ct1.png.8dd0666a1ce2fcd48b88dce35e3c9513.png

Chest height comparison

Review_FirstOrderTheTBS6P3045.jpggallery_18732_81_745626.png.f19883f5dfffb155c293d8973947befb.png 

ct6.png.c89c4ab6de9c295b410a7c1d5c947547.png

Comparison top of codgallery_18732_81_1257639.png.78984407e28fcc22f037bf1c2709bd71.png

Chest yoke corner is quite visible on the sides

ct3.png.30344f520a347f0498fc6f7950502bad.png

Yoke comparison

large.11D0E35D-7167-4DD7-849D-6DB2A6EEE0

Chest / backplate sides are not quite aligned.

ct4.png.8851e6e5d42116380e555eacaf4de007.png

Comparison

gallery_18732_81_1192671.png.65a8dc1de0d330f6bc5e9f6740957789.png

Biceps could come upwards, appear to be hitting your forearms at the back.

ct2.png.dc8365c6d28519b98949401326030f9d.png ct5.png.987528923b6b137080a7ea7207520cee.png

Comparison

gallery_18732_81_1038235.png.7ddee1354a7559e1018b6ddaab9c1bc0.png

Once again great work, looking forward to seeing the CRL pics. 

• Like 2

Thank you all for your kind words!

@LEGOeatPokemon yes! I am currently working on the F11-D Heavy Rifle ( Phasma Style ) as I like that blaster style most. It will have the TRamp blaster board as well as a fancy function noone else has. But that will be shown in a video :)

H0qYQLe.jpg

mS0pnpw.jpg

@Ripper_L definetly planned is Comic Con Dortmund in December. Since Liam is now announced for Magic Con next month.. maybe there as well. Depends on if I get the blaster finished until then :)

@gmrhodes13 thank you for analysing my dressing video. :D Keep in mind that that was the very first gearing up. The gaskets were borrowed and didnt fit me around the chest. My own set is on order at Teresa :)

Also, I need to loose more weight to really fit in the costume. The ab piece doesnt close fully in the back, hence the chest and back dont align at the sides well and I guess thats also why the chest is a little up. Or because I am always standing very straight. 

The belt definetly can be a little tighter. 

The bicep / forearm issue might just be the strapping. Not sure what I can do about the Chest yoke corner tbh. Thats how the Anovos piece was. I probably just cut it. But adjustments can always be made :) As I said in the beginning, Im not looking to rush this project. I see it still as a longterm project and also of some sort of WIP on my person with weight loss etc. :)

• Like 5

• 7 months later...

Hey there! This thread is certainly not dead yet. Im currently modding some pieces to be more accurate to the screen used fo tks from tfa with Dans help. Also the blaster is finished. Just need to take some time to post everything here.

Question: Could I attend with Pyre at the FISD group photo at SWCA?

Great to hear from you Dino, Iook forward to seeing everything together, completed and we can get the CRL done and published.

14 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Great to hear from you Dino, Iook forward to seeing everything together, completed and we can get the CRL done and published.

some stuff has to be fixed , but I'll post a bigger update in the following days. :D

Can I still join the FISD photo with Pyre being not approved yet?

16 hours ago, Sano said:

some stuff has to be fixed , but I'll post a bigger update in the following days. :D

Can I still join the FISD photo with Pyre being not approved yet?

Leave it with me Dino, I'll make some inquiries.

• 6 months later...

Good evening guys! 

Not a real update but Im still alive. 

What I can say is that I made a 2nd helmet that is closer to the BS reference, although it looks weird. :D Visor from Phoenix Props is missing, once its there I'll post pictures.

The armor itself is currently laying around at @R2Dan for some upgrades and better fittings :)

My goal is to have everything done by the end of the year. Definetly for Celebration!

• Like 2

Thanks for the update Dino, this is great news.

We will finally be able to make this CRL a reality, so don't forget, i am going to need some very specific photos which we can discuss once you are ready.

We shall get the written draft spun up pretty easily with making changes from the TFA CRL.

I think the EI and Centurion traits will also translate across well.

Exciting times ahead for the detachment

Definetly. I'll just have to make some changes to the upper body as I want it to be a perfect fit. 

Truth said, loosing weight will never be enough that I fit perfectly in it. My pelvic bone is in the way and prevents the ab armor from closing perfectly.

So I'll have to cut the AB armor, shim it as well as make the chest and back a little bigger. resulting in getting those parts new chromed. Urgh.

But well. The armor was sitting hre long enough. Time to get it done