Introduction

Hi there, 

Some quick background: I'm Steve, I live outside of Philadelphia Pennsylvania. I'm new to the Star Wars side of costumes but am a self proclaimed cosplay veteran. My mainstay is Beetlejuice but I have an assorted variety of costumes (Mad Max, Colonial Marine from Aliens, Pennywise the Clown to name a few, with a ton more that I have but rarely use). My girlfriend and I usually do a couple cosplay (She does Lydia, Furiosa, Ripley, etc). She is currently working on a Cara Dune costume and bears an eerie resemblance to Gina Carano. I've pointed her towards the correct forums for that costume.

I'm a die hard Star Wars fan and have always wanted to do a SW Costume. I'm leaning towards basic Stormtrooper but I'm also looking at a Deathtrooper from Rogue One. The jury is still out on what I want to do. I need to do a bit more research on the Deathtrooper. I poked around the forums here and can obviously tell it's a huge wealth of knowledge. I wish forums like this existed for all costumes!!! My long term goal is to join the local Garrison where I live when life starts to normalize again. 

I'm not sure if it's permitted but my IG is lydiaandbeetlejuice (All amateur, we strictly do it for fun). If it's not okay I'll edit right away. 

Thanks for having me! 

Steve

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD!

Be sure to create a build post and show your progress once you decide.

I don't think you can go wrong with the classic ANH Stunt TK!

Be sure to ask lots of questions, that is what we are here for! We want you to have the best kit you can build, and we are here to help!

Greetings Steve, and welcome to FISD! We always need more OT TKs around here, so get on it! Be sure to check out the Getting Started - Read this first section, linked below. And always remember, ask tons of questions, and you'll receive tons of answers!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

Hello and welcome aboard, research is the key so you have a bit of reading in front of you, good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon

• Like 1

Pleasure to meet you, Steve. My personal opinion, for what it’s worth, is you simply can’t go wrong with the “OG” of Star Wars costumes...The Stormtrooper. I may be a bit biased as I’ve wanted Stormtrooper armor for as long as I can remember. Brian Muir, @vadersculptor, struck gold with this iconic design that is immediately recognizable by all generations, not to mention, the FISD is a great community. Hats off to him :smiley-sw013: and the FISD, and good luck with your choice and build, no matter what it is.

...and there’s my 2 cent. :dancing-trooper:

• Like 2

Hi Steve and welcome to the FISD!  Like other have said, research is key here.  There really is a lot to soak in.  The most important decisions you can make is to figure out which stormtrooper you want to do and then research the armor vendors and make your decision.  Do not think of this as a sprint.  It's a marathon.  Look through all of the build threads and there are even handy videos on youtube and trooperbay.com.  Good luck with your build!

• Like 1