501st wannabe

Taccat

Greetings from the carolinas! I just turned 18 in december and have worked my tail off for years trying to get into the 501st legion since i was about 12 years old. I was finally put on the waiting list for an ATA kit last week and was wondering if i could get some tips on putting it together. I jave some experience building model kits but not much other than that. I also hope to convert it into an HWT.  Thanks from the carolinas! 

• Like 2

Hi Dylan , Welcome to FISD. Glad to read you're on the way of making a dream come true !!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I would like to recommend to browse the getting started section , there's a lot of useful info there.

Good luck and looking forward for your BBB day.

Cheers :salute: 

16 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Dylan , Welcome to FISD. Glad to read you're on the way of making a dream come true !!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I would like to recommend to browse the getting started section , there's a lot of useful info there.

Good luck and looking forward for your BBB day.

Cheers :salute: 

Thanks! But what is a BBB Day?

2 minutes ago, Taccat said:

Thanks! But what is a BBB Day?

Big Brown Box that typically your armour arrives in  :)

Hello and welcome aboard, research is the key with this hobby, good luck and hope to see some BBB photos soon ;) 

Welcome aboard Dylan. Now is certainly the time to use our forums to research how to build your kit. You will find there are some tools you'll want to have and this would also be a good time to search for "soft goods" like your under suit, gloves, neck seal, and boots.

In that getting started section is also a post describing the various acronyms that we use that you'll find useful.

Good luck, don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, and don't forget to start your very own build thread.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

Just now, Hesikaya said:

Welcome aboard Dylan. Now is certainly the time to use our forums to research how to build your kit. You will find there are some tools you'll want to have and this would also be a good time to search for "soft goods" like your under suit, gloves, neck seal, and boots.

In that getting started section is also a post describing the various acronyms that we use that you'll find useful.

Good luck, don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, and don't forget to start your very own build thread.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

Will do friend, thank you

Welcome to the FISD, Dylan.  There is a lot of info to go through and it can seem like a lot at first, but it will start making sense soon enough.  Take your time - read some of the builds in the build section to see how others have tackled these kits.  As mentioned above, ask lots of questions... when it comes to stormtroopers, there are no stupid questions here. 

Most of all, have fun - enjoy the journey.  

17 hours ago, Taccat said:

Greetings from the carolinas! I just turned 18 in december and have worked my tail off for years trying to get into the 501st legion since i was about 12 years old. I was finally put on the waiting list for an ATA kit last week and was wondering if i could get some tips on putting it together. I jave some experience building model kits but not much other than that. I also hope to convert it into an HWT.  Thanks from the carolinas! 

Welcome Dylan!

I've got an ATA kits, and I just finished building one for my son.

Make a build thread, do a search in the forums for some build guides. Take lots of pictures, and ask lots of questions.

It seems a bit daunting at first, but take your time, and don't rush.

E6000 is your friend as you can take it apart if you make mistakes.

Also, cut slowing, and take a little bit at a time, it is easier to remove more than it is to add it back on.

There are a few great building guides on youtube as well. I watched several members youtube build guides.

Also, join your local garrison and see if they have any build parties. I know with the social distancing it is a bit harder, but we've do a few, and since we are normally wearing masks since we are working with glues and abs shavings and it is a good idea anyway.

Good luck and let us help, just ask, I'm sure there is someone here that I can give you some pointers.

Hello there, Dylan! Looks like you've already received excellent advice, so I only thought I'd add this one additional resource, since you're building an ATA kit. Linked below is a All-In-One TK resources thread I created for my own ATA build. Not only does it include links to many topics you'll want to familiarize yourself with, but the second half of the thread is virtually a compilation of many helpful ATA builds and pre-approval, EI, and Centurion request threads.

I'll also add that I began my own HWT build, and in case you're interested the the various sources of some of the materials, you should check out my thread, linked in my signature. It's very link-heavy. ;-)

Looking forward to following your progress on here! Make the Emperor proud!