TK-16603 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (WTF) [988]

Wow, looking sharp there Anthony.

just watch your sniper plate doesn't get caught behind your thigh at the front.

If it looks like it might a small piece of foam in the back bottom part of the thigh will pull it back out of the way.

Good luck sir.

Hello Anthony!!!

A few photos are missing, I think...

-Left thigh ammo pack rivet close up(inside too)

- Right thigh ammo pack rivet close up

-Close-up of Hovi tips(a more frontal photo maybe)

-Abdomen button plates (close-up)

-Maybe a photo of the lower ear screw

Thanks....

Hi Anthony! Thanks for your application. As Chemi said, you have a few missing photos:

* Left and right photo of the sniper knee

* Thigh ammo pack rivet (inside and outside)

* Close up of ab buttons

* Close up of cod/butt snaps

* Lower helmet ear screw

Additionally, in order to move forward with your application, you'll need to replace the screens on your hovi tips with a wider mesh. The L2 CRL states:

Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present. Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white.

Yours are the fine mesh. Ideally, the screens should also be inset into the hovi tip just a touch as well. I believe there are a couple vendors on the forums who sell the wide type, or you might be able to get some from Walt. @justjoseph63 off the top of your head do you know a good source for the hovi tip mesh?

ACtC-3c4Oh0EWxmLV7UTZCNAj_KXjuIcoc4oOog6

Reference Images:

ACtC-3cpUFQR4ac24eRR601x4I6nGBH0BPiDcKoE

ACtC-3fZgeoFi0bgxcvOWPKtS_q4LL8E4PiXZ0cs

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

• shashachu changed the title to TK-16603 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (WTF) - In Review, Correction requested

Thanks for the reply! Here are the requested photos that I was missing.

Sniper Knee

mvGMGLh.jpg

5YojxSi.jpg

Thigh Ammo Rivet

8pTVZPP.jpg

53EWCQ9.jpg

Ab Buttons

3Bbzqmx.jpg

Cod Piece/Butt Plate

ReyCDYB.jpg

YyrFSKB.jpg

QqZDM1F.jpg

PLs8Ldi.jpg

Lower Ear Screw

O9AMi92.jpg

In regards to the Hovi Mic Tip, I have this other wire mesh that I bought for the inside of the helmet. Would this work? I did essentially use the one provided by WTF, and I was under the assumption that it was approved even for Centurion status, but that's OK, easy fix anyway.

ONfCCDG.jpg

Here are the two meshes as comparison. The left one was the one that was in the Hovi tip initially.

eUYhpP6.jpg

Newly inserted

kp7s9Zx.jpg

rZ6k2Kh.jpg

Edited by TKSStrider
  • Like 2

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your application and for the quick fix with the hovi tip mesh!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Starting from the helmet, your brow trim is just a touch long compared to most of the screen-used Stunt helmets, so you could consider trimming it. As you can see, it usually stops right around the end of the trap.

zRXUaBO.jpg oZmIbMy.jpg       

Reference Images:

Zv2GgW5.jpg   3AEYmqw.jpg  

Next, your right ear is sitting lower than the left. It's not anything that's going to block you from Centurion as we all know the asymmetry of the Original Trilogy armor is part of its charm, but we thought it was worth mentioning. The good thing about the ears being higher is that they would completely cover up the seam between the front and the back of the helmet.

QTY0nyZ.jpg?3  fPzZZ5P.jpg?3    

Reference Images:

PVAruMy.jpg?1   bLj95XR.jpg?2

The last suggestion with your helmet is to do a bit of work to even out the vocoder paint. If I recall from my own kit it's a bit hard to tell exactly where to paint, but I've indicated at least one area where you could make it look a bit more even.

ACtC-3c0Z4Pmp0qzVOU5DuswGvHO3z8EpOwOe33yvqHNARz9UjbSFzKq_qIa6ZephFby59mb9BnSEaffE0NmPpW53XQNlG18K7jJP7wsUUUYkikRYuhC3ohvPRN0ERe1y3_UE7Hc6id4esvb4_i_Z6_vvjzbZQ=w1466-h1099-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3feFO_N80rNGf0_2y4VnKEctqEBMIA_a_iD  ACtC-3e24DxpjESu0M1Vhs2XhLqMsgJwxeByOjvQ

Continuing on down, your right shoulder strap looks like it could use a bit more heat bending to make it curve over your shoulder better. If I recall correctly, WTF kits come with flat shoulder straps so you need to add the curve yourself. This should also even them out.

ACtC-3ffc6mpOc57KhY-F4Ypm2oU7XQqNHCzyHZ-

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fSwoL_djB0aTle4DY6ijuf2AEWH3GTjZ68

Next, your left bicep is sitting quite a bit lower than your right. I actually think it's just a dressing issue, as it looks like the bicep hook has slipped off the shoulder bell strapping.

ACtC-3dtW83zp7ZNuByVIBx4lvfniHbAXMFHwP8O

Reference Image:

ACtC-3f89FzFkDdtInxcI_VQkEsBiGFQvtaBIXCF

Next, this is an area that had a bit of variation, but most stunt TKs had their ammo pack tilted up a bit to cover up the bottom ridge of the right thigh piece more. Usually a bit of glue is enough to keep it in place.

ACtC-3dxdI3kDlhzdLrV1hBK4TZVf73ieKg3rKaE

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eH9nmRcOMlYAFQU9IexKqT9xdUjYkgCeGW

Finally, the next time you get suited up, take a moment to ensure your cover strips are aligned. It's a small detail but really cleans up your look.

ACtC-3duKSnfWbgrnt8bvf6fHZY1Vu9iUZ6XUv13

Reference Images:

ACtC-3cMeadm847bHxpv-uWUofAPu7YlsbCcig0N  ACtC-3ekw7qPJJidRAnJWH46pV9K3W2L6wQijZARhQxq3PEeSz3BdvpeF9wHsE14cyEV2B0y5A4exlbkQhNsdGC2yw6mPwIoSa4neINNX160lcMJ4hhX54L4gT8M44oDsxrwspzY4OuWrXzb5EmjVQI5mwAl3Q=w382-h664-no?authuser=1

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Starting again from the top, the L3 CRL states:

There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

WTF kits are known to have smaller shoulder bells, but the good news is that you appear to have a pretty significant amount of room to bring your shoulder bells in (indicated with the orange arrows.) You may be able to bring them in some by shortening the strapping holding the bells onto the white shoulder bell elastic, but I think doing one or both of removing all of the bottom return edge on the shoulder bells and/or widening the bells in a hot water bath should really get things in a good place.

ACtC-3cHt3HdEoHu9jHWBCL4I14wWUeVjQ1A9kkF  ACtC-3cpyAcso0kjOf4x1a5e7Tjt5pNfFsOIqU2T

ACtC-3d0iBmkzWl3GTq_Yp66pEcI1DzCWAa0Piks  ACtC-3ehHC7wNpKuY3t4TKryfCYmuWYxAPRc60Hv

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fn7z8ya1DD-z5ZdCwiOy6cnPSCmxaCWhOk  ACtC-3dcRw4L7Q3_zCFQf_BLfV5DKNJHXrl-UF4sG6r_HQ_TLV855fs2z4LlTnpQUyp2W3pp4NFe4exWMF3gzLLxxfxaseMlnqpvAHtdMo6dasV6YqhY9LUapK0WMSwsmaCPxABrM8kzFR4kbdF1f4UimkA8HA=w407-h359-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3fu2D_i_1ded0Y97iM6H_akYchdhFKnQYqr1XhRa06xnUnCBu0EhCUtJPTrWqrv7zxfoClMdCOJa8kgRk5eW-wCsr9FZXScGWVK8bXo61wJObVR8FMgPf89uZ9r5DWLx-mXAUatIAnGcHAOkSPqE3M61Q=w1024-h768-no?authuser=1

Next, the L3 CRL states:

Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.

Yours actually look quite good, but there should still be some room to bring both sides in. On the right side you may need to add or adjust the strapping holding the top together, and on the left, it might be a strapping adjustment. Many of us use nylon strapping on the left instead of elastic so that we can ensure that gap stays tight.

ACtC-3dvZW9_SOH5eEhOF45ipHoy2k3uZ8rNn0xQ   ACtC-3dOHoB9Si8rH_s8McOcwwCcCtf5C7mDZfqm

Reference Images:

ACtC-3eOYuhCfjERSIo0pl51kNv46mQYKm-xaMCH  ACtC-3dpQK_1niy5uBKdxhIXW_o1d-vzIdo4aIGK

In the same area, the L3 CRL states:

Ab button paint shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button.

ACtC-3cOe20RICFRBO4upCrmRu32WvN9Ryd1leXP

You've done a pretty clean paint job, but to my eye the paint looks a little large, so I'd take a few minutes with some paint thinner or mineral spirits to bring them in a bit. If you compare with the reference images, you can see that you can actually err on the side of underpainting the buttons. Alternatively if you do think the paint doesn't extend past the edges of the ab buttons, you can include some addition angles/photos in your Centurion application to demonstrate this.

Reference Image:

ACtC-3d7q-ScoZC1QG2bu3iyhBBy3I7TX-W36Rsy

Finally a couple issues with your belt. The L3 CRL states:

The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Your belt is just a touch too low. If you check the reference images, you'll see that the belt can even slightly overlap the bottom ab buttons. On my own kit, I added two small strips of velcro to keep the belt from sagging.

ACtC-3eXuSjyaXKaj1rvzGZ4vMEZQ6GCpKvnEXsg

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fL8JsnHcv1pLhsgvfnqP-xm-I3dWzWVlng ACtC-3dA_PRO1S_3jBHeI8FZn6aStGXNgwj2hQwC

The second issue is with the alignment of the ABS belt and the canvas belt. The L3 CRL states:

The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

I think this issue can be most easily rectified by trimming a bit off the ends of the ABS belt so that the corners meet at the edge of the canvas belt. This is not an area that I'm extremely picky about, but I think yours could be closer. Also note that if you do trim off the ends of the ABS belt, you will probably need to slightly adjust the positions of the drop boxes so that they remain aligned with the edge.

ACtC-3cyADq0HThvDnFuXzUKnJARi6IRe9llusLvn0guaEnF8aBChvxQJ8BXJ8PFrYq31dIxuiqw9uVGCzs51XiZrmXHnrHJlaP4t5v9moM6MIMIiDLa3fN8t01BAjczGJP8G8NNTp2d4JBU3V1O4gdFwxghNg=w1265-h662-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

H7voVTk.jpg?1     WvyQq5h.jpg

Finishing at the bottom, a minor issue with your thigh pieces. This isn't something explicitly called out in the CRL, but it's clear from reference.

You have a pretty prominent gap in the ridges where the back of the thighs meet. Ideally you could fill that gap with ABS paste, but you can also just back it with a small square of ABS so that the black doesn't show through.

Wih0mda.jpg

Reference Images:

gYl1Z4I.jpg?1  fy28iy0.jpg?1

Note that Centurion applications require a few extra photos, so be sure to check previous Centurion submissions to ensure you're including everything you need. A couple examples that come to mind are the lower helmet ear screw and a photo showing the color of the helmet lenses. 

And that's it! You've done a great job on your build - it's clear you really did your research when working on your kit. There's just a few small issues to take care of, and then I hope to see your Centurion application soon. Congratulations again!

• shashachu changed the title to TK-16603 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (WTF) [988]
21 hours ago, TKStrider said:

Woo! Thanks all! I'll work towards that Centurion next, but I'm definitely taking a break for a bit lol. Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

We'll be here when you're ready!

• 2 weeks later...