TK-36770 requesting ANH Stunt EIB (RS Propmasters) [987]

Name: Paxton Sanders

TK ID: 36770

Forum Name: Paxjor91

Legion Profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=32765

Garrison: Garrison Titan 

Height: 5' 10".

Weight: 170 lbs.

Armour maker: RS Propmasters

Helmet maker: RS Propmasters

Blaster maker: RS Propmasters

Boot maker: Imperial boots.

Belt supplier: RS Propmasters.

Hand guard supplier: RS Propmasters.

Holster maker: RS Propmasters

Electronics: Ukswrath Icomm, Hovi Speakers and Cooling System 

NOTE: I added a couple of redo pictures  from feedback I received. 

Full Body: 

Front

ihpEVKA.jpg?1

Back 

KYxzWbP.jpg

Full Right

MNcjkqD.jpg

Full Left 

axqp3lv.jpg

Right Side Detail

GSPiC6z.jpg

Left Side Detail 

QUyJ0C6.jpg

Action Shot 

1H43xnT.jpg?1

Armour Details:

Abdomen Button Plates 

PVn8dZc.jpg?1

Cod and Posterior Plate Connections 

GaaocJn.jpg?1

Interior Strapping 

Nti0Fw4.jpg d6faq6o.jpg

Wrist Opening

FoeE91S.jpg?1

Left/Right sniper knee plate close up

yZ5tl9F.jpg?17Urx34t.jpg?1

Left/Right thigh ammo pack rivet close up

WpU4Ue2.jpg?1Pt05b6i.jpg?1

Helmet Details: 

Front

lHw8UBn.jpg?1

Side 

fh4oO86.jpg?1Ehqlos7.jpg?1

Back 

kpjqsJz.jpg?1

Hovi 

TlgllKK.jpg?1

Lense Color

Trcxup0.jpg?1

Accessory Photos: 

Neck seal

q894Vf1.jpg?1OQ2rbEr.jpg

TD (Thermal Detonator) front and rear showing screw type

zANFPql.jpg?1XYdinmt.jpg

Holster attachment

gBY1lpJ.jpg?1

ABS/canvas belt (rear)

lKaw9A4.jpg?1

Boots (showing tops and sides)

exVRx4d.jpg?1

Rubber gloves

ojJbb4l.jpg?1

Blaster Detail 

Left side

sxNBllZ.jpg?1

Right side

4OC58xv.jpg?1

Rear showing D-ring

HwIs3ev.jpg?1

EDIT:

I received some feedback for the way the blocks on the belt where centered on my body and also that the screws on the TD were not black. Fixes have replaced the incorrect photos!

Edited by Paxjor91
New Pics
  • Like 1

A couple of things you may want to address before the DO's get here:

You will need to move your drop boxes to the ends of the belt The drop boxes dangle from the sides of the front plastic belt (ammo belt) via white straps and are aligned under the plastic tabs of the ammo belt.

WvqcLfm.jpg&key=e02ad8fd62122e0a76114198 200px-TK_anh_stunt_belt.jpeg

TD screws should be black  Clips shall be attached with slotted type, flat or dome top style screws, and be black (two per clip)

pZWRO22.jpg?1&key=a38542c42dc3eceba14957 

Good luck with your application

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paxjor91 said:

Good catches! At least they are super easy fixes, thanks for the feedback! Pics are uploaded in the original post. 

Going to be a pain but I think you may be asked to change all those images which show the drop boxes in the wrong place :( 

• Like 1

Hello Paxton!!! Maybe while you are waiting you can adjust this a little...

2.jpg.1109a3988f2074b085b88bfbe2f52017.jpg

I see something strange inside your hovis ... Have you put something there? ...Can't see inside...

1.thumb.jpg.35c3129ca9fe958e61796fd19b42d228.jpg

13 minutes ago, Chemi said:

I see something strange inside your hovis ... Have you put something there? ...Can't see inside...

Hola Chemi, esos son los speakers del sistema de voz de @ukswrath . aprobados para L3.  saludos

Hi Chemi those are the ukswrath voice system. they're approved for L3.  Cheers :salute:

• Like 1

hace 3 minutos, TKSpartan dijo:

Hola Chemi, esos son los speakers del sistema de voz de @ukswrath . aprobados para L3.  saludos

Hi Chemi those are the ukswrath voice system. they're approved for L3.  Cheers :salute:

Perfecto...Nunca los vi tan de cerca. Debería haberlos comprado:laugh1:

Perfect ... I never saw them so closely. I should have bought them:laugh1:

• Like 1

Hi Paxton! Thanks for the dropbox and TD screw fixes. I'll be doing your review and I'll reach out if there's any thing additional we need. Appreciate your patience.

• Like 1

• shashachu changed the title to TK-36770 requesting ANH Stunt EIB (RS Propmasters) - In Review

Hi Paxton,

Thanks for your application and your patience as we reviewed your submission. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Starting from the top, as already mentioned, you can consider trimming the brow trim just a touch so it stops around the edge of the trap.

ACtC-3f8dijPpfU2B2QvJKIB7Tn0PPRPVrLWzK5sC9lhCGe6RVdMbN2pkv0n_ujERqRF6osGxUkRWjTeXyZ6apI_MZGgB3dau0DzraDNWb0KOlaVOzC8EGqdb_twL012wsdQGZ7TnSZe46hbKLhBov6qvsGdWg=w720-h960-no?authuser=1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3c0L6R0QkF24PWxVcr3hmBAZSUNMKDv0M9l

This next suggestion is for trooping only; not for screen accuracy. In the 501st we strive to maintain that 'movie magic' where we look like we just walked off the movie set. To that end, most TKs add some sort of mesh or cloth behind the teeth to obscure the face of the person wearing it. When we get back to in-person troops, this is just a nice touch.

nU3piCe.jpg

Reference Image merely to demonstrate that in the movies, it was difficult to see the faces of the actors underneath. There's no indication that they actually used mesh on-screen.

nFEO0e3.jpg?2

Next, a couple dressing issues. Ideally we like to see symmetric and even gaps. Your left forearm is riding a bit high, causing it to run into your left bicep, and also causing a larger gap at the wrist. Additionally, your right bicep is sitting quite a bit lower than your left. So next time you're getting suited up, just have a handler take a look that everything is sitting properly. It may also require a minor strapping adjustment.

ACtC-3e2uK1YlAolTEGRcVPrN7nAlOVsliR8le_QBRdm8T1.jpg

Reference Image:

ACtC-3c0n9KOHaZtt77z6-3o6-hFbBtM4V2BRIYD

In the same area, it looks like you have a corner of the forearm sticking out past the cover strip, so we're suggesting you simply snip it off. It will also prevent your undersuit from getting snagged.

ACtC-3dyV2-MAk-Z_DbfxmGobuRdv2Bfu7iJOoP1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fqlyyLj5YOoYk4ZfO-evJK483vcq02tWuY

Continuing on, your TD appears to be sitting a bit high. We're suggesting you consider adjusting the clips so that it sits more in-line with the canvas belt.

uat8yBa.jpg           

Reference Images:

8cd9R1e.jpg?1    6JL0myY.jpg?2

Another small detail, but on the screen-used suits, the sniper knee was trimmed to be more angular:

hmSlnd8.jpg?1  8kaisLZ.jpg?1                      

BNYlK7a.jpg      kVClLDo.jpg

Finally, again compared to screen-used suits, your thigh ammo rivet is closer to the edge of the ammo pack. Not a big deal at all, and fixing it would require a fair amount of work, but worth mentioning.

kLUZzpS.jpg?1    phcpmUE.jpg?1       

Reference Images:

amgnGaq.jpg   k7LDzqV.jpg?1  

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

First, a small issue that isn't explicitly called out in the CRL, but as stated before we use visual reference as well as text reference to do our reviews. It appears your left shoulder bell is quite a bit longer than the right. For your Centurion app, we'd like you to trim the left shoulder bell to match the size of the right. Alternatively, if it's simply a matter of strapping or camera angle, you can try just adjusting the way it sits to get them to be even.

01HHDL7.jpg            

Reference Image:

wpox96X.jpg?2

The L3 CRL states:

There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

Yours actually look pretty good, especially from the back, but it does still look like there's room to bring them in. I think tightening the strapping holding the shoulder bells on should do it. 

ACtC-3ewKIRJfipaHoC2D1bEWoqh_jrSSAznlxEP

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fn7z8ya1DD-z5ZdCwiOy6cnPSCmxaCWhOk  ACtC-3cIFdfm7qysT-VP4cmHxvOv9vOj4z3LtBYHgm-HjX5ENPEhqPkuSpyL9xIAjKhKNSeXm-7IB5D7whhPHFADUWEglLj4805ivDJfp_wQ-zK5PRtYf6atOv16UWjPrWyu6vAOdlHc9CevEbXa4BRaiwmrlA=w800-h607-no?authuser=1

Moving along, the L3 CRL states:

The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Yours is sitting *just* a bit too low. On my own kit, I added a couple small strips of velcro to keep my belt from sagging. As you can see in the reference photos, even a slight overlap of the lower ab buttons is acceptable.

ACtC-3dxbPlnUDD6rqQ8vmp8ZlRmo4jck8SRpJ9q

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fL8JsnHcv1pLhsgvfnqP-xm-I3dWzWVlng  ACtC-3d6roX0UaOVDMWY4atlaMaIqLm33vbcUPaW

Next, the L3 CRL states:

Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.

Your right side gap will need to be brought in some, so I'd suggest adding or tightening the strapping there, as well as making sure the tops are aligned when you get dressed. On the left the gap looks great, you'll just have to be sure the tops are aligned.

ACtC-3ff_e_QopDLQzwDhmAPp7UaObrgMXyaIsa7   ACtC-3cjPjkJdbLBD56wCL680WDvyswskvdRQ8Vp

Reference Images:

ACtC-3elOXj2rVfQgU2scev7HM5WwX-kKwZmH-Jd  ACtC-3fKHBetmVQ-fKTeIEv9GATBTLp_FBQI5vau

Next, your 'Han snap' is present, but unfortunately it's sitting too far in compared to the screen-used suits. For Centurion, you'd need to drill it out, fill that hole, the re-set a snap closer to the edge of the ab plate.

ACtC-3eDGvMlyxr8J8V6p6dpbeKJRPrigFlfYkLxCCHi4410k6m-eFXrflJRE3wZnLB-7Vw4ynS5O8yOP1ezCShS0Zea7DgwMe43ZQyHgdbcrbu4XNBUyoIyhaI2HrJYWmGf1STzq0YOjhUdm8foHRq1u6FA1A=w788-h1050-no?authuser=1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3clUBiYCWfBa3XJmYgBEj56317r2l1-PJzuNH-lJnLV62R6dQv2d1OWEpIMeKD-PGK5J-usEBk5qh4BFUtQQR1JkyoCEm5ITGl2XOQrXuHWzF2l4McGRVoiaw8ZJBlsl_XbhTvUo5fkwc5pOTd9CH7k0w=w768-h1024-no?authuser=1

Added

Similarly, it looks like your side rivets are a bit far from the edge. The L3 CRL states:

• Three rivets, approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter, are present on the left side of the abdomen armor.
  • Rivets are equally spaced along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge.

Again, you would need to drill the rivets out, fill the holes, and re-set them. It is difficult but doable; I believe @TKSpartan has had to do that before. Alternatively, if you have room to do it, I think you could trim off the edges of the ab and kidney so that the rivets are at the correct distance from the edge, but you'd have to adjust the strapping to make sure there is no gap. 

ACtC-3f7AYkOZgCoaSgkLZHwypsx5mpm516Dr6Mne55OU_lNB8oMNUwpYbNLDaIIZ1mCBEtl-3o-wl4odVsFAl1vhO36kzhGShue8pQ1aL3oUAgF01SnFofaABhWBqktUdGi0pzZuI0e0Oc5cm5MCDccJ0MSuA=w1376-h1036-no?authuser=1           

Reference Images:

IWbG4OS.jpg?1        uK0nlt2.jpg?1

Moving along, thanks for the correction with your drop boxes, but for L3 they will need to be brought out even further. The CRL states:

Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

Many of us add a drop of glue to the elastic holding the drop boxes on to keep them from wandering.

ACtC-3ewyXKWoSvunJVWDC5wE09dLrtHbH_nG147   ACtC-3d5b07mUD58KRGMhckiU3L4jJNMztTCP8eD

Reference Image:

ACtC-3cjlTzshQe2PCGs_MoJGbahNu3dCtLqtV-6

Finally, I'm 99.9% sure your hand plates are the required latex, but for your Centurion application, make sure to include a photo that shows them bending so that we can confirm they are flexible.

Hand guards shall be latex or latex-like, solid white or painted white, and affixed to rubber gloves with no visible strapping or stitching.

ACtC-3cTNZJjO08wKf9RIy9mmy65Oq7_vU_onMqL

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fejs-JPmS_vAMMTS1VfT5jHyziP9AaEykp

And that's it! A few corrections, but I have full confidence in your ability to tackle them, so we hope to see your Centurion application soon. Congratulations again on reaching EIB!

• Like 3

• shashachu changed the title to TK-36770 requesting ANH Stunt EIB (RS Propmasters) [987]
1 hour ago, Paxjor91 said:

Awesome thank you for the detailed feedback. I will slowly start the process of getting ready for centurion! 

You're welcome! Please feel free to reach out to any of the DOs (myself, @justjoseph63, or @TKSpartan) if we can be of any assistance.

• Like 1

@Paxjor91 I apologize - I forgot to include one item (side rivet positioning) that was in a Draft of this post but didn't make it into the final one. I've updated the original review to add it. Again, it was my mistake leaving it out in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...