ANH Anovos Build, First Time Costuming

thedomenator

Hi! I'm Dom and I will be working with my father to complete this project. I used the getting started page to try and set this up so I hope I did this correctly, if not please let me know. I have an Anovos kit, the E-11 blaster, the paint and brushes from Trooperbay, a voice modulator, the glue, and the tool for putting the belt and holster together. This is our first time doing anything like this, and we want to get it as perfect as can be. All I am looking for at the moment is enough to become an official member of the New England Garrison. Any tips or tricks is welcome, I already have a few questions prepared. Thank you!

Hi Domenic, and welcome from another new guy. It's great that you and your dad are working together on this. My son and I are both building ANH TKs at the moment and are having a great time, so it's definitely something that you will remember and tell stories about for a lifetime. I look forward to following your build and there is probably no better community to build with!

Hi Dom, Welcome to FISD, Great to read you both are in the same mission together. Feel free to ask questions, post tons of photos and our saying here for new builders is " Measure twice or more, read the CRL, check the reference photos, cut and glue just once"

looking forward for your advances and questions. We are Here to Help.

This Anovos Build could be so useful take a look.  

Cheers :salute:

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing your build progress. Research is the key, there are lots of great build threads to follow, when in doubt have a look in the gallery section for references and remember measure twice and cut once, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I'm so happy to see such a supportive group of people. Also, thank you TKSpartan for that walk through, my father and I both sighed with relief we we saw it. So here is my first question, why are the two arm pieces different for each arm? Is it just part of the design? We were just curious (especially since we both freaked out when we saw it).

uYEY5G2.jpg

Correct the arms are different also the biceps and that was the original design.

Here is a great Anovos build for references 

2 hours ago, thedomenator said:

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I'm so happy to see such a supportive group of people. Also, thank you TKSpartan for that walk through, my father and I both sighed with relief we we saw it. So here is my first question, why are the two arm pieces different for each arm? Is it just part of the design? We were just curious (especially since we both freaked out when we saw it).

Glad to read the info is being useful .

About your question, Yes, the arms are effectively different each other,  I'm not an armor origin expert but as I have read, the screen used armors helmets and pieces where asymmetric and had  some bumpy and wonkiness. So read carefully to match each one.

Cheers and looking forward for your advances.  :salute: