TK-17210 Reporting for Duty!!

Wow...I have finally done it!

My name is Martyn Scully (Mar2D2) from Northamptonshire, England and I can now say that I am a proud member of the 501st Legion UK Garrison.

This has been a dream come true for me. Like most troopers on here, I have wanted to be a Stormtrooper since I can remember and wanted to be part of the elite group known as the 501st Legion, "Bad Guys Doing Good"!! for the last 5 years.

Here is my Story:

As a life long fan of Star Wars, I have always wanted to own a full set of Stormtrooper armour from the original films. They are so iconic that even non star wars fans (BooooHisssss..) can recognise what a Stormtrooper is.  

"Not so long ago, in a Galaxy not so far away......" It was at my nephews 5th Birthday party that three members of the 501st UKG (2x TK's & 1x Crew) accepted the invitation to make his dreams come true as a massive star wars fan himself. A day that we (his family and friends) would never forget.

At the time of his 5th Birthday my nephew was receiving chemo therapy treatment for Leukaemia. My nephews name is Ryan Scully and on the day was made an Honorary Stormtrooper for his dedication to the Empire. 

Through his own bravery, his determination, love and support from family, friends, doctors, nurses, the kindness of charities (such as the ones the 501st support), the 501st UK Garrison and many other positive aspects within his life (the list goes on). We can now lovingly say, with open hearts "Thank you" as Ryan has beaten this awful disease, fully recovered and is Cancer free. Ryan will be 10 this year which 5 years ago we couldn't even think that far ahead.

The 501st is what has inspired me to want give back and share the same hopes and joys to others fighting their own or loved ones personal nightmares. 

Now some tips and things I have learned during "my journey to the Dark side":

1. The best form of reference when creating your costume is the Movies themselves. It's easy to follow other build threads in the forums. We all make mistakes, so don't allow someones error to also become yours.

2. Measure Twice (5, 6, 10) times before cutting.

3. Listen to advice from others who have already made this journey. Ask any questions, no matter how small or silly you may think they are (Troopers helping Troopers) there is so much great advice, builds and ideas within these forums, so take your time, read and learn from others who came before you.

4. With family, work and other personal commitments, you may struggle to find the time you want to work on your costume. this is fine! as i was once told "don't rush, it's a marathon and not a sprint".

There is probably a lot more I could say, but i have waffled on enough for now!!

I really look forward to meeting you all in the future (if and when COVID-19 allows) and to serve the Empire for the greater Good.

Long live the Empire, with unquestioned Loyalty!

Cheers,

Martyn Scully. (TK17210) (Mar2D2).

Mar2D2 TK Lids Off3.jpg

Mar2D2 TK Action.2..jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...