Revvek’s FOTK build [KB 2020]

Revvek

On 9/24/2020 at 11:47 AM, Revvek said:

cleaned up the smaller part first

going to have to do some adjusting of things to make them fit.

Vg1b93I.jpg

Coming along nicely, I would align the buckle recess then trim the top accordingly. You want zero return edge at the top and bottom edges anyways. 

Hope this helps

6 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Coming along nicely, I would align the buckle recess then trim the top accordingly. You want zero return edge at the top and bottom edges anyways. 

Hope this helps

Yeah I guess the sides on these should be more squared off, but I'm not sure the material is as thick as it looks like it should be on the ref photos? so I left some of the rounded return look, like in the ctrl images. 

I'm considering how I would make things look and work more like these, but not pull apart as easy as maybe they did...

WitGYd9.jpg

H5VyhkE.png

Edited by Revvek

We have plenty of reference photos available without watermarks across them, this is one  of screen a used TFA armour grieve spat.

When I have some more time Ill load some more angles for you sir.

FOTK Leg Right.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sly11 said:

We have plenty of reference photos available without watermarks across them, this is one  of screen a used TFA armour grieve spat.

When I have some more time Ill load some more angles for you sir.

I have no idea where that image came from, it wasn't in the the forums gallery that I saw.

Edited by Revvek

8 hours ago, Revvek said:

I have no idea where that image came from, it wasn't in the the forums gallery that I saw.

I'm a little confused, my apologies. Are you referring to the spat image I posted just above? :)

We are still in the process of a rather large overhaul of image repair and gallery rebuilding. The FOTK galleries will be fleshed out with more imagery and details as we get to it.

17 hours ago, Sly11 said:

I'm a little confused, my apologies. Are you referring to the spat image I posted just above? :)

We are still in the process of a rather large overhaul of image repair and gallery rebuilding. The FOTK galleries will be fleshed out with more imagery and details as we get to it.

yes, I haven't seen that one before. 

I have seen the ones from celebration or something, and some movie frame caps.

I look forward to seeing MORE :)

Edited by Revvek
  • Like 1

didn't get a lot of time to work on the Armor this weekend, but production of my replacement clip greebles is progressing nicely. (I have a bunch of smaller ones on supports I should photo waiting to be cleaned when I get home...)

here I show 6 large size and 2 original model size. (that seem to work for the KB small ones perfect)

X6oIBaw.jpg

and I bent 2 of them in prep for use on the Spats.

W0Y2QqO.jpg

these from Rob's model really look very close to the one in the Spat photo Sly11 posted above.

Edited by Revvek
  • Like 1

Definitely have your shins and wear the boots to get a true idea of sizing and how much extra material you'll need to add.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Revvek said:

I'm still waiting to hear from R2Dan on the accurate First Order Stormtrooper metal holsters - RUN 13

I'm in the same boat.  I think right now hes having issues shipping to the US because of all the covid stuff going on.  Real bummer right now as I cant finish my thighs without it.

Edited by MomoSS

28 minutes ago, MomoSS said:

I'm in the same boat.  I think right now hes having issues shipping to the US because of all the covid stuff going on.  Real bummer right now as I cant finish my thighs without it.

hmmmm...  Can't ship to the US?
I have been shipping my Astromech.net name badges and droid parts around. can't say I've shipped to Germany yet though. 

On speaking with Dan a while ago now, he did mention they jacked the freight prices up so high he felt it was an absolute rip off and in good conscience just couldn't accept charges like that and expect troopers to pay extortive price gauging.

Justin Morris is an option and is in the suppliers list for components, you can contact him through PM on FB. I know he does a combination of metal and resin parts so you can check if he does a full metal holster.

On 10/1/2020 at 5:15 PM, Sly11 said:

On speaking with Dan a while ago now, he did mention they jacked the freight prices up so high he felt it was an absolute rip off and in good conscience just couldn't accept charges like that and expect troopers to pay extortive price gauging.

Justin Morris is an option and is in the suppliers list for components, you can contact him through PM on FB. I know he does a combination of metal and resin parts so you can check if he does a full metal holster.

I will have to try and look up Justin Morris.

I only see R2Dan listed for holster. I for 1 would gladly pay.  I know shipping is nuts right now...

this is the list I’m looking at. 

vendors-list-for-your-fotk-build

1 hour ago, Revvek said:

I will have to try and look up Justin Morris.

I only see R2Dan listed for holster. I for 1 would gladly pay.  I know shipping is nuts right now...

this is the list I’m looking at. 

vendors-list-for-your-fotk-build

His last name is Morrison and he's lower down under Hardware:

Hardware vendors: 

Holster - R2Dan.  Other hard accessories available by application  Link Here 

Hand Plates -  As above

Shoulder bell supports-  (Accuracy upgrade) -  ukswrath  Link Here 

Waist belt center box base (Accuracy upgrade) (Empire 3D) - Link Here

Machined metal components - Justin Morrison Parts for  Blaster rifle and pistol mounting, Resin holsters and other greeblies, machined metal components and more. 

FB links https://www.facebook.com/groups/1654472361474254/user/802819468

https://www.facebook.com/kingleezard

26168747_10155982976549469_684861901478960888_n.thumb.jpg.b3a690a12e8424d70218a73990cfc6b9.jpg

• Like 2

I was able to buy an unused R2Dan holster (without hardware) from Ryan who ended up needing a different solution for his fiberglass kit.

Thanks Ryan!

Here is the hardware I'm looking at ordering from McMaster

3mm x 7mm x 3mm Bearing

Tamper-Resistant Torx Flat Head Screws - M3 x 0.5 mm Thread, 12 mm Long

Tamper-Resistant Torx Flat Head Screws - M5 x 0.8 mm Thread, 16 mm Long

• Like 1

Always good when you can overcome the minor hurdles and set backs.

Have you checked the First order gallery lately, we have started to add more references.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TheSwede said:

If you mean the part next to the thigh it should be in the kit from KB.

Yeah, I need to dig for it. I don't recall seeing it...  

I know I have the 2 Shin boxes. 

-- EDIT

I just looked at my spread out photo of the kit parts and I believe I see it in there! 

Edited by Revvek
  • Like 1

Next up, the shins. 
(I’m going to move my way up the legs for now.)

t7aZCTc.jpg

gmrhodes13 made a great suggestion for fitting the shins, using the boots. So I dug those out, along with the knee gaskets. 
KmZnwHm.jpg

I believe the seam on these faces the opposite leg once installed?

nODzwE8.jpg?1

I started to trim things close to the hint lines on the pulled parts to start.

Wndqm9q.jpg

and I noticed this one part has a bit of a bubbled out bulge I'll have to figure out how to fix.

eYHM8Ii.jpg

Edited by Revvek
  • Like 1