Poppers or Velcro?

Muhobi

Hello, would like to make my trooper armor a little more user-friendly and attach connections from chest to abdomen. Can't decide between velcro and poppers. what are the advantages and disadvantages of the two variants? what is the best way to attach / glue them to the armor?

Velcro can come apart and you can't always get it in the right spot, elastic and snaps allow you to have in the same spot each time and has some give when bending. If using snaps I try to use the double snap method, great to have a spare in case a snap fails.

With Velcro there's no assurance that it will be in same place each time its used. With elastic and snaps everything goes together precisely each time you suit up. Also a benefit of the elastic is when you need to stretch down to the lower high fives. 

I too use double snaps where it's needed. I like to use 2" nylon squares to hold snap bases. The nylon can conform nicely to uneven armor pcs. And the webbing is a good tooth for the E-6000 to grab. No clamping is needed. Just check pads after an hour and make sure everything hasn't shifted and corners are not curling. After that let it fully harden. I've never had one give.

Some excellent advice from Glen and Randy there, Marcel, especially the "double snap" system (I swear by it).  Here is an example:

mGka8Nj.jpg

• 11 months later...
On 7/29/2020 at 4:16 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Some excellent advice from Glen and Randy there, Marcel, especially the "double snap" system (I swear by it).  Here is an example:

mGka8Nj.jpg

Is this superior to the bracket system? I'm thinking about replacing them because the chest piece easily climbs to try and choke me sometimes :(

2 minutes ago, fishgoh0nk said:

Is this superior to the bracket system? I'm thinking about replacing them because the chest piece easily climbs to try and choke me sometimes :(

Can be, I found with the brackets it limits movement as well as you can get cracking between the screws.

I added adjuster clips to the chest area so I could get it sitting just right

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Can be, I found with the brackets it limits movement as well as you can get cracking between the screws.

I added adjuster clips to the chest area so I could get it sitting just right

What's kind of adjuster clip? Got a picture to share?

5 minutes ago, fishgoh0nk said:

What's kind of adjuster clip? Got a picture to share?

pjFgRLw.jpg XfnCKoJ.jpg

• Like 1