Here comes the Momo!

MomoSS

Hey everybody.  Name is Monica, but friends call me Momo.  I'm a fresh cadet of the Georgia Garrison and currently stationed in Alpharetta, GA.  Ever since the new movies came out I took a great liking of the First Order stormtroopers.  After finding a good vendor I decided to pull the trigger.  Well the day has arrived, I was quite surprised what was waiting for me outside today.

The day of Big Brown Box has arrived!  Oh boy theres so many parts!  I'm not new to costuming but with this I have no idea what im doing xD  Gonna search for all kinds of guides and tools, maybe when the world gets better, an armor party would be nice too.  Looks like all the parts are here though if anything is missing I have no idea yet LOL.  I have a dremel in the garage, but I think ABS scissors are the way to go for most of these?  Need to grab em off amazon.  I know I need to hunt down some gaskets, I also need to trim myself down a little bit.  Its all overwhelming right now, but with the armor actually in my possession I'm much less likely to procrastinate now.

I think for now though im going to box the armor back up and keep it safe in my closet while I collect all the other things and soft parts I need for the build.  Need to find some good gloves and boots and follow a lot of other peoples armor builds.  The long journey starts today but one day...I'll join the ranks of the First Order!

BBB2.jpg

BBB1.jpg

BBB3.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Monica

We have most everything you need right here as far as rescources and information is concerned.

Make sure you check out our new First Order section (link below) and ask plenty of questions.

A build thread is a must and i can hardly wait to see you get started on this new costuming adventure.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/218-first-order-battle-group/

Momo, when my big brown box finally arrived I was overwhelmed. I was afraid to make a mistake or cut something too far so even though I found some great tips and build threads I made zero progress. From time to time I would open that box and peer inside, sigh and fold the flaps shut. Ultimately, I waited 2 long years before I opened it and actually did anything.

When I opened it with some determination and made that first cut, I caught on fire! Every free minute I was working on that armor. Last November I was approved and my first troop was amazing bringing smiles to kids waiting to get a bike from Santa. Today I'm applying for EIB.

Don't be like me Momo. Order your soft goods and then get up, go right back over there and open the box back up!

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

Welcome Momo! I, too, am located in Georgia, though further north right outside Chattanooga, TN. You’ve definitely come to the right place for your Stormtrooper build, and below is a link to an excellent FOTK build thread.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48822-merkava74s-tfa-fotk-build-thread-anovos/

Definitely post lots of photos and ask lots of questions, and we’ll all get you through the build journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing better than BBB photos, looking forward to seeing your build progress, remember research is the key, measure twice and cut once ;) 

For gloves and boots you can't go past Imperial Boots, they normally open up for orders at the beginning of the month

Hey fellow Georgian! Start a build thread, there is plenty to do before getting your soft goods. I am waiting on my FOTK armor, but @Cricket has made her own armor and soft goods and she is also local. We like questions, so ask away (we need more shiny white troopers)!

Although I have mixed feelings regarding the sequel trilogy, I really like the look of the FO troopers. Once I finish my ANH TK and recuperate from the expense of it, I had considered this build next. May I ask which vendor you chose? It's never too early to start researching...:smiley-sw013: 

5 hours ago, Firedog said:

Although I have mixed feelings regarding the sequel trilogy, I really like the look of the FO troopers. Once I finish my ANH TK and recuperate from the expense of it, I had considered this build next. May I ask which vendor you chose? It's never too early to start researching...:smiley-sw013: 

I got my kit from KB Props, they had a sale going on because they were moving to a new place.  I'm not sure if its still going on, but I know that list filled up pretty fast.

Thanks everyone for your support!  I laid everything out today to do a more thorough inventory.  A lot of stuff here... Greeblies, thermal detonator, a ton of little boxes, and big armor bits.  I think the first thing I need to do is get me some ABS scissors.  Thats what the folks at my garrison recommended for me vs trying to use a dremel on all this stuff.  So I'm going to hunt for a good pair on amazon.  If anybody got suggestions on a good pair or on other tools i'll need, im all ears!  Once I get a pair i'll actually get to work on trimming the excess stuff off.

Once I do that, things will be on hold for a little bit while I lose weight, obtain an undersuit, and get my boots and gloves and other soft bits.  This wont be a fast build, I wanna make sure I get it done right.

BBB4.jpg

• Like 1

Check out Amazon for some Lexan scissors. I think mine are the Excel brand, and I have them linked somewhere on my TK build thread. You’ll definitely want both straight and curved blade sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Dremel (or knock off brand) can be very helpful for cutting, trimming and sanding, I've got 3 plugged in at all times with different bits, I hate changing over mid trim ;) 

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

A Dremel (or knock off brand) can be very helpful for cutting, trimming and sanding, I've got 3 plugged in at all times with different bits, I hate changing over mid trim ;) 

I picked up one from Harbor Freight  with multiple bits and a wand attachment for about $25 after coupon and it has a 90 day free replacement warranty. I don't generally care for their tools as they don't usually last very long, but with their 90 day return policy and optional extended free replacement warranty, you an easily get your money's worth out of it.

• Like 1

By all means take your time Momo. I used the score and snap method with my ANH TK but the scissors will be very useful for keeping your cuts where you want. Be prepared for your hands to get tired after a little while.

I used the dremmel to clean things up and for sanding but be careful. The dremmel can run away when you least expect it and scratch, cut, and ding what you're working on.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk