Raindrop’s 4.5 AM ANH Stunt Build

Excellent news, noting better than a BBB, looking forward to seeing some images and also your build progressing. Most of us use a free online image host like Imgur for posting images to threads, just upload, copy and paste the "direct link" to your images directly into your thread.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
Let this build thread rain with photo drops!  Hope you see what I did there. How's the build goin?

So I haven’t actually started yet. One of the guys in Flagstaff offered to let me work on the armor at their place since they have a dedicated work area for tk armor with all the tools I need. Communication has been hazy with the whole pandemic, but they messaged me today saying I’d be welcomed to their home. Just need to schedule a time.

• 2 weeks later...

I started the build this Monday at a local member’s home. They gave me access to all their equipment and has given me a lot of advice.

So for resources, I have him and this binder I put together with some various guides as well as the CRL handy for quick reference. I’ve also been reviewing TK 1636’s videos as well.

a78375b65810589aa2c63d865cfe4d0f.jpg

First step I took was simply getting used to cutting the thicker ABS plastic that AM 4.5 uses. The first part of the armor I’m working on is the arms, as my mentor recommended. I’m currently working with his scrap PETG plastic to use as interior cover strips, I’ll be snagging spare ABS sheets that came with my kit for the exterior cover strips.
2b5e6fdabf36a42801a74871c47f6e01.jpg

I have hit a slight snag though, I’m pretty sure only one of the sheets I received from the kit are from the same batch as the armor, the others seem to be an off white. 5f6f758f6fd62e4df0cf60c69dae10b3.jpg
I’ll wait for my host to get back from work before I do the cover strips, I do have a lot of trimming to do in the meantime.

So while I wait on that, I’ll go ahead and trim the return edges from the front of the vambraces.6e82ef2d4d564deb0b892d4711bcdb75.jpg

Can I ask who you ordered this kit from?

Sure, I got it from Dave’s Darkside Depot, he’s one of the vetted sellers for the AM line of kits.

Although I could be wrong with regards to the extra sheets being from different batches, I’ll wait for my host to get back and get his thoughts on it since he’s ordered from the same guy in the past.

Yeah progress! I like the binder idea. When I was building mine I had like 20 tabs constantly open in my browser and would bounce back and forth between them. I think your binder idea is great.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I thought so, but wanted to make sure.  Interior cover strips can be pretty much any color, as they are not seen.. it's the exterior ones that count!  At this point (before you do the forearm fitting) I would recommend removing all the return edges from the wrist opening (including the "hump" area).

wl6Nfwu.jpg

Yeah progress! I like the binder idea. When I was building mine I had like 20 tabs constantly open in my browser and would bounce back and forth between them. I think your binder idea is great.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

Well, it’s not exactly an original idea, I saw it in someone else’s build thread, and I think you can buy pre-made binders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought so, but wanted to make sure.  Interior cover strips can be pretty much any color, as they are not seen.. it's the exterior ones that count!  At this point (before you do the forearm fitting) I would recommend removing all the return edges from the wrist opening (including the "hump" area).

wl6Nfwu.jpg&key=58afb9c3c04279e428fe3e59b0c132932f749cdf9ab6852bd1c3b069e9533619

Will do!

wl6Nfwu.jpg&key=58afb9c3c04279e428fe3e59b0c132932f749cdf9ab6852bd1c3b069e9533619

Is something like this acceptable?
db4c22d3d1d24c683e9f684fb022a87d.jpg

I’ll still sand it down to make it smoother though.
  • Like 1

Looks MUCH better, JR.  That will definitely pass for Basic and EI approval, but if you are (hopefully) aiming for Centurion ;) the rest will need to be removed then sanded smooth.

Reference images

FUqvN7C.jpg?1             ZkDj5My.jpg?1  xUbjH6y.jpg?1

Looks MUCH better, JR.  That will definitely pass for Basic and EI approval, but if you are (hopefully) aiming for Centurion  the rest will need to be removed then sanded smooth.

Reference images
FUqvN7C.jpg?1&key=b02f3c51378274b3788e26538c19447fbd78cfede99dc1d7449ea70035e6baf9             ZkDj5My.jpg?1&key=27681ff71bf5632553e9ddbaccf4a0576f4a567a406fd402cb3bed2741900a4d  xUbjH6y.jpg?1&key=305a8f3193bfe571fe1e73ae216d2e33df75659c1071178bc17d5115054bb13d

Sounds good! Centurion is my main goal, but for the rime being, I’m trying to focus on getting this to EIB status first but I’m still trying to get it as close to centurion as I can while doing so. Once I get my EIB, hopefully I won’t be needing to do all that much more.