New Canadian Recruit

Hello all,

Just a quick introduction.   My name is Cley and I live in Western Canada. 

Currently having Dave's Darkside Depot create a set of ANH stunt trooper armor for me so I can take the next steps to join this prestigious group. 

Looking forward to my own BBB day so I can show off my new armor to you all. 

I already have most of my soft parts ordered (boots from Imperial Boots and an undersuit from Amazon).  Just looking for a good neckseal.  Found a few on Etsy but making sure they conform before I buy. 

Anyway, hello all.  Looking forward to meeting you all and becoming an active member. 

• Like 4

Welcome to the FISD and congrats on the purchase!  Where are you in Western Canada?  If you are in Alberta, Sask, Manitoba, NWT, or Yukon - be sure to reach out to the Badlands Garrison.  BC is the Outer Rim Garrison.

Look up Geeky Pink's Phantastic Gaskets for a neck seal - she is located in western Canada (AB) and makes great stuff.

Welcome to FISD Clay, glad to read a new Imperial Stormtrooper on the way!!  

looking forward for your BBB day photos. feel free to browse the forum ,ask questions and post photos.  

We are here to Help.  :salute:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

Welcome to the FISD and congrats on the purchase!  Where are you in Western Canada?  If you are in Alberta, Sask, Manitoba, NWT, or Yukon - be sure to reach out to the Badlands Garrison.  BC is the Outer Rim Garrison.

Look up Geeky Pink's Phantastic Gaskets for a neck seal - she is located in western Canada (AB) and makes great stuff.

Thanks for the neck seal info.  I'll look her up for sure. 

Located in Alberta.  I have signed up to the Badlands Garrison forum, just awaiting acceptance email.  I have a friend (Yango) who is already part of the Badlands as well.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cley and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, I am still awaiting my brown box day...   Seems like it is taking forever. 

I'm just super excited to join and getting a bit impatient.   

It is a commission build and I understand they take longer, but I ordered it back in June and the supplier (Dave's Darkside) noted it takes about 2-3 months from the time he pulls kits. 

However, now he is not replying to texts or emails from me. 

Not sure what the hold up is.   

Anyway, I am continuing to read up on stuff on here and reply as I can to stay active.   

Hopefully soon I can apply as a full on member. 

• Like 1

Interesting. So DD’s commission builds aren’t out of the box ready? I suppose that’s why you got more soft parts? Yes I can imagine it’s not without some anxiety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Harder said:

Interesting. So DD’s commission builds aren’t out of the box ready? I suppose that’s why you got more soft parts? Yes I can imagine it’s not without some anxiety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but they are a stack of fun to build and there is some great information in the E11 build threads. The DD kit was the first part of my 501st journey, I learnt a lot during that process and enjoyed every moment of it. It's stood up to 6 years of trooping only requiring small touch ups in paint chips over the year, the rest of the time it is on display in my home office.

122475316_643940046296959_2929737307952984008_n.jpg

• 8 months later...

Well finally some good news. My armor has shipped and should be here next week.
It was a commission build so hopefully I should be able to get accepted quickly.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Big brown box day has finally arrived!!

Will be doing some test fitting and I'm sure a few adjustments this weekend.
Then I plan to submit 501st application next week if all goes well.

Thanks to Dave Conklin of Dave's Darkside Depot for the excellent commission build.

4caecd31ff09f0076cea2e0db54fbbd0.jpg2e3c285982d996d7b1ba8cb95f3a6441.jpga82bb5847bb94c6bc964bbc2711c0d1a.jpg

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

• Like 2