Wraith’s TLJ Phasma Build

After pining over this character for nearly five years, I have finally committed to building my own set of armor. This will be my very first armored costume, so I’m quite nervous about it.

Depending on who is measuring me, I am about 6’ tall (give or take an inch), so the prospect of portraying a tall character like Captain Phasma is something I am really looking forward to doing. I chose to do The Last Jedi version simply because I like the bright chrome look over the weathered version.

Pieces of my costume:

• Helmet: Shawn Thorsson (first run, 2015)
  • Armor Kit: KB Props (on order)
  • Boots: Dr. Martens Flora Chelsea Boots
  • Neck Seal: Geeky Pink’s
  • Fabric Gaskets: Geeky Pink’s
  • Rubber Gaskets (for EIB): ???
  • Belt: ???
  • Undersuit: ???
  • Cape: Sewn by me

I’m still in the early stages of building this costume, so my first steps are to prepare the helmet, order everything else I need, and start on my cape. I do plan to eventually submit it for EIB status, so I am not cutting any corners along the way.

This is going to be fun, I think. Terrifying, but fun. :)

• Like 3

Hi Roxanne, welcome to FISD.

Glad to read you have started make your dream come true. :jc_doublethumbup: and Yes, at the beginnig it looks terrifying but if you take care , "measure twice or more, read the crl carefully, look at the reference photos and glue just once" , you will enjoy the process .

Looking forward for your BBB day and Build Thread !  Good Luck :salute:

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing your build progress, good luck

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see, we all go through it, the excitement of the BBB, the unpacking, then the sheer panic "HOW DO I DO THIS" :laugh1:

Once you have cut your first piece you will wonder what all the panic was about ;) 

Hi Roxanne and welcome aboard. Great to see your journey is ready to begin.

Plenty of support here so take your time post progress photos and ask as many questions as you need.

• 3 weeks later...