My E-11 Build, using Doopy's,T-Jay's completion kit, and FXBlasterOS

likemike973

Superb detailing Likemike973. Your trigger mod looks close to the real deal. Curious, how are you keeping the exposed bolt plate in position? Interested also to know if you will be leaving the non-seen end of the ejector with or without a jet fin. cheers and interested to see more of your progression.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6QU3ZFO.jpg

Cg8yjyc.jpg bolt plate before splitting

Thanks Dracotrooper! The exposed bolt is fixed, I epoxy it in place. My original intent was to make it movable but after removing a lot of material I realized I was weakening it. I also needed a place to put the electronics. What I ended up doing with the non-seen end was making that movable, so I can pull it back. I split the bolt plate and 3D printed a cylinder behind it to keep it aligned

• Like 1

6QU3ZFO.jpg&key=f10b6fbd3d2ecda3dacc83a5ac602629dcc9f49509ee50fc84f81473e6f33f14
Cg8yjyc.jpg&key=3f624967236e34c3b770944eb00b4a76ec93492fa9e48fa63ef9b1fb98e50a87 bolt plate before splitting
Thanks Dracotrooper! The exposed bolt is fixed, I epoxy it in place. My original intent was to make it movable but after removing a lot of material I realized I was weakening it. I also needed a place to put the electronics. What I ended up doing with the non-seen end was making that movable, so I can pull it back. I split the bolt plate and 3D printed a cylinder behind it to keep it aligned
It is quite the feat what you've done here with the exposed bolt plate. I don't know anyone else besides myself who has attempted this mod - you have done it marvelously.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dracotrooper said:

This will add insane functionality to your blaster. everyone will be shocked it is a doopydoos blaster.

Thanks! I thought it would add some realism. Not too much is left of the doopys here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belloq said:

Wow, nice detail work! Is Doopydoos selling again? And who made the stock?

Thanks, no I have had the kit for about a year. I keep checking Doopys because I want to get another but nothing yet. I have slowly been working on the kit and finally getting around to posting pictures. The stock is from War Machine Replicas, it is a great one off and fully functional.

Edited by likemike973
  • Like 2

Nice build so far! Check out the Blaster  Reference for some more mod ideas if you have time.
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/
Your bolt plate looks great. Not an easy mod to do and not easy to get the bolt plate to move like the real sterling without removing lots of resin as you mentioned. I know you said you already epoxied it into place but if you wanted to try and make it fully moveable check out the ejection port section in the blaster reference:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/?do=findComment&comment=414376
looking forward to seeing more updates! 

• Like 1

K24oS81.jpg

I added a charging port at the end.

hPPdvVb.jpg

Here is the charging port before I added to the blaster. I 3D printed a holder for the plug and also a backing for the spring. I then inserted a copper tube to run the wires through so I could still move the bolt and spring.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...