Hello from Mansfield, Texas

Hi my name is Frank and thanks for accepting me. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all on my journey toward completing an ANH Stormtrooper (Stunt) costume. I am looking to go Centurion level.  A lesson learned to share. Diving in, I  initially purchased an Anovos Imperial Stormtrooper ensemble.. I paid extra to have is built by ANOVOS. I later learned, I should have just purchased the kit instead of fully assembled since some of the particulars, such as the lower legs were made incorrectly per 501st requirements and can not be corrected since the adhesives used fused the strips to the shins butt joint and cannot be removed without damaging the costume. Another was rivet placement on the armor is incorrect.  As well as 4 rivets instead of two for to connect the holster to the belt. As I progress through my build, I hope I can salvage most pieces and not have to purchase a new kit. Either way, I look forward to the journey. 

Welcome, Frank! I'm sorry to hear you'll need to make those adjustments to your ANOVOS armor, but you'll have plenty of support here on FISD, and I'm sure you'll make a fine stormtrooper! Ukswrath has a legendary ANOVOS build thread which you may find helpful, so I've linked it below.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build-stunt

By the way, what part of Texas are you from? I consider myself as having grown up in Amarillo, but I also have family in San Antonio and the Dallas area.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome. I am a fellow Anovos TK. I used Ukswraths build thread ALOT during my build, and it was an extremely valuable resource. Here is a link to an awesome video series on youtube from a 501st member from the Dune Sea Garrison: 

I found this to be equally helpful in building my kit, along with the build thread I mentioned above.