TK-88667 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (Anovos) (981)

Trooper Info

Name: Ken Schafer

TK:  TK-88667

FISD Name: ForeverFanFirstTimeRecruit

Garrison: Southern California Garrision

Height: 6'-1"

Weight: 210

Armour:  Anovos

Helmet:  Anovos

Cloth Belt:  Trooperbay

Neck Seal:  TheCostumeBase

Boots:  Imperial Boots

Blaster:  Rubys (customized)

Holster: Trooperbay

Hand guards: Rubber gloves and latex hand guards from JustJoseph63

Photos:

Full Body

Front

m9vA5cO.jpg

Back

xizz4IS.jpg

Left Side Arm Raised

vxJAuSz.jpg

Right Side Arm Raised

we4qv9Z.jpg

Left Side Detail

zBLMGjA.jpg

Right Side Detail

A4DLSKa.jpg

Action Shot

N5d0QWf.jpg

Armor Details

Abdomen button plates (close-up)

brCWXiG.jpg

Cod and posterior plate connections

YMF2aGu.jpg

Interior strapping

Vm6479y.jpg

Wrist openings

PvYOCuJ.jpg

Left sniper knee plate close up

C9B95yM.jpg

Right sniper knee plate close up

hpjA0ag.jpg

Left thigh ammo pack rivet close up

VjFuH2H.jpg

Right thigh ammo pack rivet close up

lTG7cqm.jpg?1

Helmet Details

Front

h6c9E7i.jpg

Left side

x3vMj8U.jpg

Right side

qQfyH4Y.jpg

Rear

uELEtwC.jpg

Back-lit shot showing lens color

3cfJOcr.jpg

Close-up of Hovi tips

lTPn0FU.jpg

Accessories

Neck seal

gycZN1V.jpg

TD  Front

7JH7lcS.jpg

TD Rear 

6FZVJxQ.jpg

Holster attachment

SY5ds0E.jpg?1

ABS/canvas belt (rear)

tQJlz3w.jpg?1

Boots

hAyUQOW.jpg

Rubber gloves

oQZ0m8c.jpg?1

Blaster Details

Left side

miyIYeO.jpg

Right side

ACB9wFN.jpg

Rear showing D-ring

UyrtAuK.jpg

Thank you for your consideration.

Ken

Edited by ForeverFanFirstTimeRecruit
Replace incorrect picture

To me it looks like you've painted your Han Snap on the ab plate white. If you did, you could easily remove that paint, so you don't get knocked for it.

All in all, good job, and good luck. :duim:

PhilBobTheFish,
Yes I did. Thought it was supposed to be painted on Stunt (only not painted on Hero?) I can easily remove the paint.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an easy fix, removing the paint and all. That's the only thing that stood out to me about your build, and everything looks great. 

If you check centurion and eib applications, you'll see the snap unpainted. For example, this request: 

dCl7CG.png

Great build though! Can't wait to see you approved.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PhilBobTheFish said:

It's an easy fix, removing the paint and all. That's the only thing that stood out to me about your build, and everything looks great. 

If you check centurion and eib applications, you'll see the snap unpainted. For example, this request: 

dCl7CG.png

Thanks Rowan.  I'll get it done tonight.  

• Like 1

Nice work.

Position of your thigh ammo strip appears a little high on the ridge

lTG7cqm.jpg?1    2pvrAr5.jpg?1&key=8e87fbd8d8c6680b44fc40

7 hours ago, PhilBobTheFish said:

dCl7CG.png

quick fix.  Thanks,

QbleqWI.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Ken, and thanks for your application for ANH Stunt!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of Sha Sha, Mario and myself, congratulations:salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Awesome job on fitting this armor, Ken, especially since you are a "taller" trooper, and below are some suggestions to make it look even better!  All small issues that can be easily remedied in just a few minutes, (except for the last one, which may take a bit longer). ;)  

The brow trim could be trimmed back just a tad to where it lines up more with the rear of the trap line.  Easy!

Reference images

3tFhIIB.jpg  4XF6DNj.jpg                      at0okwU.jpg?1   3Pe1TuG.jpg?1

It looks as if your TD could be pushed down on the belt some more.  This would be a task for whoever attaches it, and something to consider when getting suited up.

Reference images

kUledTl.jpg                    ps7wlp6.jpg?1   r6a5Pnj.jpg?1   9YKDVGU.jpg?1

Another easy item here... although the left one is perfect, watch the alignment on the top rear of the calves.

Reference images

1Sx7nGx.jpg                 K7JuZ4m.jpg?1  MIbXXvT.jpg?1

We know some of the ones in the films can be seen outside their "ideal" positions (usually in action scenes), but in a perfect world the top of the posterior plate should sit evenly with the bottom of the kidney.  A simple strapping adjustment and you are golden! 

Reference images

MxTDiXz.jpg                    tS7naRT.jpg  CsWdb52.jpg   tcLZLQI.jpg

Although not a deal-breaker for Level 3, we are strongly suggesting that you bring down the sides of the thigh ammo pack about 5 mm.  (Hopefully you didn't use CA glue)!  ;)

99yd3Pu.jpg  aNdv5kL.jpg  wbqC8UB.jpg?1 m96EJql.jpg?1

Last up in this area is the inside of the sniper knee plate.  I know you went to a great deal of trouble realigning it recently, and it looks MUCH better :D!  The reason I am adding it in the "suggested" area is because;

A.  It's not crazy noticeable.

B.  I know you are aiming for Centurion, and since you have to whip up some ABS paste for the shim (listed below) you can hit this at the same time!  (Hint hint). ;)

XWxn8Qa.jpg

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.  

Your kidney shims turned out fantastic, but as you and I have discussed for Level 3 they cannot have a seam present.  Making ABS paste to cover them and then sanding/polishing is actually not as daunting of a task as you may think, and I can offer some tricks/tips for ya'... just PM me.

plGGaIL.jpg                DM97mXq.jpg

Your right one looks perfect, but the left drop box appears to be riding forward just a bit.  After getting it lined up with the edge of the ABS belt, some E-6000 (orange area) behind the strap(s) will hold it securely in place.                                                     

Reference images

D6hgg0Q.jpg          vVdn8rF.jpg                      vo0s2dK.png?1   JuwSduC.jpg?1

Last up, as you are aware, Hasbro blasters are not permitted at Level 3 so that will need to be replaced.  (SUPER nice job on that weathering, though) 

rGMYYkz.jpg?1

And that's it, brother!  You have a few issues to deal with, but I have already seen a few minor miracles you have performed on this kit so I have every faith that you can bring this armor to the next level... and I can't wait to see your Centurion submission!

• Like 2

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-88667 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (Anovos) (981)

Thank you to everyone: Joseph, Tony, Q, Andrew and everyone for the input, guidance and support.  

TK-88667 reporting for duty  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 2

I wanted to send a special shout out to [mention=22112]justjoseph63[/mention] for going above and beyond.  He PM'd me after my first post.  Frankly I was feeling a bit intimidated and unsure I could build acceptable armor.  His outreach and interaction made a huge difference.  The difference between me just getting basic approval, and possibly trooping once in awhile and wanting to strive to build armor to the best of my ability!  Higher level armor like EI and now I'll be shooting for Centurion.  All this when I haven't even done a single troop (darn Covid).  But I am sure that I will love trooping as much as I love working on the armor.  

So thanks Joseph (and others like him) and keep up the good work.  You are truly a great ambassador for the 501st (and Vader).  Awesome job mentoring and motivating newbies like myself to not only want to build better armor, but also want to be a part of the 501st.

• Like 4