MTK build for ANH Sandtrooper

Hirerob

Greetings, troopers. Question regarding faceplate/dome alignment.

I'm 10 days into building my new MTK from Trooperbay. I have 90% trimmed and now have some questions regarding the helmet. Last year I built my first kit which was an Anovos ANH stunt but the helmet came preassembled to this is my first helmet build. I feel pretty good about the eyes and teeth but I'm nervous/confused by the assembly of the faceplate and dome. The bottoms (tubes) just don't seem to align well. Will the ears really hide this?

Also, the bottom profile is hardly flat like my Anovos (last image). I do know I have more to trim off the bottom of both pieces. Is that how I flatten the bottom profile out?

Thanks for the help!

iNie8nj.jpg

QUmuM8c.jpg

HMUvjyc.jpg

My Anovos helmet:

cBNa9Ln.jpg

Different make helmets assemble slightly differently, the faceplate appears a little high (which a Sandtrooper normally is), also moving the bottom back piece further forward at the bottom will close those gaps, it will also bring the gap up at the front brow.

It's a bit of playing around and slight movements, any gaps on the sides should be covered with the ears, both sides don't always match up either depends on make. Magnets and clamps help making the adjustments.

Here are some great build threads which could help:

• Like 1

Hi Rob, for me , the helmet is the most challenging part of the armor build. Glen has gave you so useful info and I can add the following saying:

"Measure twice or more, look at , others build thread, reference photos, and trim and glue once"

Good luck and looking forward for your advances.

:salute:

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies on this. I still haven't riveted the faceplate and cap/back yet - I still don't have a flatten profile on the bottom but I haven't done any trimming either. In order to get close on the bottom I lose the larger TD gap at the brow. That suggests to me I should trim the cap at the brow. Is this correct? I haven't seen that in any of the tutorials.

Also, I've trimmed out the first ear and its fitting pretty good prior to installing. Does it look ok? It's width matches pretty close to my Anovos. The top of the ear does sit a little higher than some of the reference images I have (breaks into the brow line). 

Thanks for the help.

iDEeI50.jpg

CjtA5Wx.jpg