Hello from the Midlands, UK.

Hello, all. I am Gaz. I am from the Midland, UK. I am in my early 30s with broad shoulders and 6'3 (thought i should mention my build somewhere).

I may have jumped the gun yesterday and posted in the armoury forum before dropping in here, so sorry about that.

I mentioned some of this in my first post so sorry to repeat some of this info. I'll start at the beginning. My now fiance helped me on the road to this enormously. Not to mention putting up with midnight showings and The European Celebration weekend. She pushed my to do this which has been a life ambition of mine - all very mushy but I thought it was an important part of the story. 

So, after doing a lot research I landed with RS Propmasters and first of all we purchased ANH stunt bucket which was fully commissioned. This looks the hardest part so I cheated and brought it outright. 

Later we brought the rest of the kit to assemble with a E-11 blaster which i purchased at a discounted cost at the RS open day. The only things I have left to buy are some boots and the black under garments. 

Fast forward two years later and I have finished all the DIY around the house whilst shielding and I am ready to get cracking with this. 

Thank you to the guys who have already offered their assistance and well-wishes in the armoury forum. I spend a lot of last night stalking other member's forums and they have been a big help.

• Like 4

Welcome Gaz! I remember seeing your other post, but don’t recall if I commented, so here I am. You’re definitely in the right place for bringing your Stormtrooper to life, and we’ll walk along the way with you and answer any questions you may have! Be sure to post a lot of photos when you create your WIP thread! If you haven’t already made it there, the “Getting Started - Read This First” is a great place to start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Welcome to the FISD!

If your a midlands lad I'll see you in Birmingham once the world reopens enough for conventions to not be a terrible idea.

Would have been great to build a suit whilst shielding!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Gaz. Look forward to seeing some pics of your progress. :-)

If you haven’t already, be sure to sign up on the ukgarrison.co.uk forum and start your build thread. Myself or another one of the armoury team will pic it up and help guide you to clearance.

Best wishes

Dan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Welcome to the FISD!

If your a midlands lad I'll see you in Birmingham once the world reopens enough for conventions to not be a terrible idea.

Would have been great to build a suit whilst shielding!

Thank you. Yes fingers crossed I'll be in a position to get out there with a completed costume when we are normal again. 

Glad to meet a fellow Midlander :) 

2 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Welcome aboard, Gaz. Look forward to seeing some pics of your progress. :-)

If you haven’t already, be sure to sign up on the ukgarrison.co.uk forum and start your build thread. Myself or another one of the armoury team will pic it up and help guide you to clearance.

Best wishes

Dan

Thank you very much.

I actually do have one - I made it years ago. I've been interested for a long time and the account is probably 4 or 5 years old. I'll make sure I update it.