TK-55105 requesting TK ANH Stunt EIB status [AP] (979)

Hello!  My build was done at the same time as my father (TK-72313) and uncle (TK-17671) in 2017 and built with EIB and Centurion in mind knowing that after my 2 years in the Galactic Academy were up, I would transition to the 501st.  Please accept my submission for Expert Infantry.  Thank you for your consideration and feedback.

Personal Information

Name: Alex Cardenas
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 185 lbs.
FISD Name: Cardena5
Legion ID#: 55105
Profile Page: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=31330
Garrison: Florida Garrison / Everglades Squad

Build Information
Armor Maker: AP (Authentic Props)
Helmet Maker: AP (Authentic Props)
Blaster Type: E-11 Hyperfirm
Boots: TK Boots
Canvas Belt: AP
Hand Plates: Silicone plates from JustJoseph63
Electronics: Aker 50W Amp, TrooperTalk
Neck Seal: Darman's Props
Holster: AP

Submission Photos

Armor Photos

Full Body Front

ldrhq4l.jpg

1I8oOY5.jpg

Full Body Back
qqEzNFH.jpg

Full Right
sTZXy7C.jpg

Full Left
p91TIN1.jpg

Right Side Detail
Y2inYre.jpg

Left Side Detail
BQfY6iT.jpg

Abdomen Detail
WqsmH51.jpg

Interior Strapping
3hjnnvQ.jpg

FpgCbO3.jpg

Shoulder Straps
6O8WsNu.jpg

Ys0sy8m.jpg

Cod Piece
2mfm9vZ.jpg

Sniper Knee
QKGIejt.jpg

ZTOjv6n.jpg

tgGIn2s.jpg

Thigh Ammo belt
NVZNHwa.jpg

oXfYxsP.jpg

Ammo belt
gIR7iQR.jpg

Hgg5tqb.jpg

IiUT9ch.jpg

urz7Wtu.jpg

Thermal detonator
NetBr98.jpg

AdGmVRT.jpg

JQqIlhK.jpg

Gloves
9vQs3Ui.jpg

Neckseal
PRyaLGh.jpg

Blaster left side
78wDoPL.jpg

Blaster right side
0j5P69D.jpg

Blaster D Ring
VbLw2Qk.jpg

Helmet Detail Photos
Front
WeaQIQM.jpg

Sides
bLj4Ost.jpg

yTtnOmJ.jpg

Back
cW0Avob.jpg

Hovi tip detail
SfFHbGH.jpg

Lens color (Backlit)
JeLrMar.jpg

HIZEmqg.jpg

Action Shot
p8ngEY1.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good. You might want to rotate the TD so the panel is facing out. You can see my threads how I just moved the holes and trimmed off excess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work, the cover strip on the back of the calves should stop below the top ridge. You may also want to glue some scraps of ABS behind the gaps in the back lower ridges of the thighs.

qqEzNFH.jpg

imageproxyXPQ1W1MJ.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Alex. Congratulations for your GA to 501st Transition. :jc_doublethumbup: 

Additional to the close up photo of your helmet teeth requested, could you add the following photos please?

1- Photo of the helmet "S" trim

2- Close photo of forearms wrist.

Thanks  :salute:

Thanks for the feedback everyone!  Here are the additional pictures requested.  If I'm still missing anything else, please let me know!

1.  Closeup of helmet teeth

ekcvrXD.jpg

2.  Photo of helmet "S" trim

j3ZbwY0.jpg

3. Closeup of forearm wrists (with return edge removed)

gR005Ax.jpg

OLmSDh1.jpg

4. I went ahead and trimmed off the cover strip on the back of my shins so that it stopped where you indicated.

BBB5rEY.jpg

Edited by Cardena5
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cardena5 said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone!  Here are the additional pictures requested.  If I'm still missing anything else, please let me know!

Super fast response !!!  thank you Alex.  and great job on that fix !  

Before we can "move you along", sir, we need you to do a small fix that should take less than 5 minutes of sanding ! As you can see there's still a raised area of return edge that need to be removed for a more screen accurate look.

SzKjUk2.jpg

Reference images

x2UAcgM.jpg

Thank you for your patience.  :salute:

Hi Mario - please see the new pictures below.  I sanded as much as I could but I was afraid of cutting a little too much and causing damage especially since the bump on the inside comes right up to the edge.  Hopefully this is enough, but if not, let me know.

bQpzgTq.jpg

YuZXNDz.jpg

GTQ6cAd.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cardena5 said:

Hi Mario - please see the new pictures below.  I sanded as much as I could but I was afraid of cutting a little too much and causing damage especially since the bump on the inside comes right up to the edge.  Hopefully this is enough, but if not, let me know.

Great Alex. Thanks for your high speed response !!  :jc_doublethumbup:

On 7/15/2020 at 11:31 PM, TKSpartan said:

Great Alex. Thanks for your high speed response !!  :jc_doublethumbup:

No problem! Please let me know if there is still anything else. Looking forward to making it in as one of the first 1000!

Hi Alex, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. 

Let's start from top. 

The brow trim of your helmet, as you can see in the reference photos, should be a bit shorter, this is a very easy and fast adjustment, just be careful to do it little by little so as not to cut too much.   

Reference Images

clvXZTv.jpg?1   BOjWywR.jpg?1                  EXXW83v.jpg     I97c92E.jpg

For a better look and confort,  we are suggesting a bit  trimming down the marked lines  at the top of your forearms . This will not only make you look better, but it will help keep it from snagging on your under-suit and poking into you.

GqFOgK4.jpg   dOPNSVg.jpg

Reference Images

jhoCPdB.jpg?1     bu1xc2q.jpg   

We are suggesting that you reduce the size of your small ab-button plate a tad.  AP makes the buttons a little wider than was seen onscreen, but this can be done and still maintain the look. Also, the edges should be square and not rounded off.

Reference Images

XOjhfvN.jpg?2                  KXLNWrg.jpg?1             zc9QhMA.jpg?1                      

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Let's start Alex

CRL: There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

As the CRL  states for level 3 , there should be minimal space between the shoulder bells and the chest armor.   (Although not specifically mentioned), the tops of the shoulder bells should touch (or be very close to) the shoulder bridges.  In your case it seems that it is a matter of shortening the elastics of the connection between these.  Also, you can trim all the return edges from the bottoms of the Shoulder Bells to have more room.

Reference Images

IklXYHs.jpg?1     laAauoo.jpg?1 tVeZr0o.jpg?1

Xx1CMEP.jpg?1

CRL: Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.

Your Left Ab/Kidney connections looks perfect, but It looks like your right side is overlapping, perhaps loosen the belt a little or add some foam behind the ab/kidney to hold them outwards

Reference Images

VOvfS0K.jpg?1                  AokWacz.jpg?1      cYHnscr.jpg

CRL: The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Your belt needs to go up a little to be perfect, a widely used trick is to place a couple of small strips of Velcro behind  belt to ensure it doesn't sag in the front, easy fix !

Reference Images

fyhMTMp.jpg?1       8DGr9Tm.jpg?1  6X26soy.jpg?1

\

CRL: Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

This is one of the most common issues we see, but is quite simple to address.  Some E-6000 on the inside strap will take care of this.

Reference Images

AkdhZGp.jpg?2   PRVQ2sz.jpg?1    AvON8cl.jpg        dP9JY2w.png

Your Thermal Detonator control pad sits very high and It needs to be a bit lower so that the controls/round washer can be seen . 

Reference Images

oGr07B0.jpg?1                             4CDVFYj.jpg?1             

Reference Images

3kp1ZyA.jpg?1                        ejfenFK.jpg?1  

wXMETpB.jpg?1

Finally , the gaps in the lower ridges as seen below will need to be filled.  A small  ABS shims behind them would do the trick, but remember that the top of the ridge is curved so keep that in mind.

Reference Images

aVw9sv1.jpg?1        sA7Zvu0.jpg   yqYWx0K.jpg

Again , Congratulations and I'm sure you can deal with the fixes and go for the next level.  CENTURION 

***************************************************

• Like 2

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK-55105 requesting TK ANH Stunt EIB status [AP] (979)

Great job, trooper. :-)

Just to reiterate what Glen said above, the coverstrips on the calves should not extend beyond the ridge. This was likely missed at basic clearance but would be a worthwhile adjustment for the higher levels. :-)

9b3172e081d9cea24e2a52e99e955a95.png

Additional reference;
9c33f9c95b2224e05f5e525b43409960.png