Need Help Starting off with my build

I just got my Walt's Trooper Factory box in with my kit. I've never done this before and get told to reference the forums. To me the forums are all over the place and I can't find a good singular thread that is a good place to get started. I'm guessing I need to start trimming my armor but have no guides on how or where I should be trimming. At help would be great

A good place to start is to check out the TK build threads at the below link.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/31-costuming-and-builds-original-trilogy-501st-approved/&share_sfid=31&share_fid=44557&share_type=sf

There are lots of previous builds to use as guides as well as specific threads with lots of detailed steps based on your armor maker and OT TK you are looking to build.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hey friend, one of the best advices i got was: don't cut anything before being VERY sure.

Do your research and ask.

Don't start with the helmet, is better start with the arms of legs, they are easier and is good exercise to get a feel of what is like to work with the material

Usually there are guide lines, if you dont have those, you need to be even more careful, look in the building threads with photos, measure the pieces a lot before commit to cut.

Many pieces have in the very edge a curve, that curve is a good reference to know where to cut, draw a line with a sharpie using something straight and there is your cutting line.

I'll show you a picture of that edge im talking about, remember, I'm not telling you in the image where to cut, its just for illustrate what i mean, so you get the indeaFB_IMG_1594538053615__01.jpg

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Gallery section are full of references.

Lots of builds can be followed.

Check out the EIB and Centurion threads as they are built to a higher level.

Using the search function can be helpful too. 

A great thread on return edges and trimming 

a lot of other great threads can be found here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/79-tutorials-tips-and-howtos/

Research is the key to this hobby, good luck.

Hi Christopher, and congrats on your BBB day!  Yes, there is a ton of information here, but what I would suggest at this point is to look at some of the build threads here in this section.  As Daniel mentioned, starting with the bicep/forearms will give you a feel of working with ABS before you progress to the more difficult pieces.

It's also a VERY good idea to start your own build thread in that section.  Having the ability to post photos will help a LOT, especially when you have questions/issues.  You can also ask as many questions (no matter how small) as you like.  We will be here to help every step of the way.

Hopefully you have all your supplies in place, which will make things go smoother, (trust me).  If there is anything you can't find information on, just ask!

Welcome Christopher, exciting news on the arrival of your BBB, we look forward to a build thread from you in the near future.