What is your craziest random troop?

Firedog

I have two things on my list to do when my son and I finish our armor. The first is to make a surprise visit to my brother, who loves SW as much as I do, with a set of binders to arrest him for being a rebel sympathizer. He has no idea of our projects and I think it would be a good memory for us to share over a beer years down the road. The other thing we would like to do is show up unannounced at my nephew's birthday party.

What are some of your best memories when it comes to making random appearances?

• Like 1

I, too, want to make surprise appearances at my little nephews’ birthday parties. Hopefully I’ll finish my build before they get too old, since I’m basically on an indefinite hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

We were camping at a big campground at the local lake a few years ago on father's day so I bought my Tk and did a walk through the campground in the evening. The following year we were there on the same weekend and I passed a couple teenagers talking, one one said that at sunset a stormtrooper would come around camp and they got excited. One of the other kids asked how she knew thas and she said, "I saw the stormtrooper's truck".

imageproxy.jpg

Sadly I didn't bring it that trip and was crushed that I had let them down.

Edited by mikidymac
  • Like 2

We were camping at a big campground at the local lake a few years ago on father's day so I bought my Tk and did a walk through the campground in the evening. The following year we were there on the same weekend and I passed a couple teenagers talking, one one said that at sunset a stormtrooper would come around camp and they got excited. One of the other kids asked how she knew thas and she said, "I saw the stormtrooper's truck".

Sadly I didn't bring it that trip and was crushed that I had let them down.

Sounds like we now know what you’ll be doing every year on that annual trip.

I don't know about craziest but I've done a few surprise birthdays and weddings, the best was the bride of a fellow member (a stormtrooper) contacted us without him knowing and asked for us to make an appearance at their wedding, the member knew nothing until we came charging out when we heard "does anyone have any reason why these two should not be wed" to which we replied "stop, stop your wanted back on the death star" got a roar of laughs and the member was really chuffed, he couldn't stop thanking us after the event.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Sounds like we now know what you’ll be doing every year on that annual trip.

Absolutely but sadly COVID closed the campground this year but I will next year.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mikidymac said:

Absolutely but sadly COVID closed the campground this year but I will next year.

That's unfortunate. I look at camping as the ideal method of social distancing.

21 minutes ago, JZYL said:

Problem is when everyone else gets the same idea. And then they all try to use the same facilities and trash everything. Humans are awful.

I can agree with that sentiment. There are a lot of ppl out there that have a tendency to ruin it for others.

Well to be clear the campground is open but only to people with proof of residence with that county. Although that county has plenty of COVID deaths and numbers so go figure. Makes absolutely no sense to me, either it should be open to everyone or closed to everyone or else what’s the point.