R1TK WIP

Sanding, sanding and more sanding lol, great progress though, and now you have screen accurate lenses to suit. Hope you plan to go all the way to Centurion :duim:

So Jeff invested in an Elegoo Mars 2 Pro resin printer. Printed a coulpe of the Helmet greeblies and I gotta say, the came out amazing!

A1O7Pv6.jpg

YxVlfk1.jpg

After seeing how great these came out, I'm going to have to save up my money from my paper route and get one. I'm completely sold on these

So after putting filler primer on the helmet pieces and sanding with 220 grit, it was time to begin assembling the bucket.

XZy5h95.jpg

Jeff cut small tabs of sintra and used them to help reinforce the inside seams

AzJRsQB.jpg

c43aHrI.jpg

rdQZEvO.jpg

l380Xu0.jpg

Still have some of the face greeblies to smooth out before they can be attached.

Hopefully I can take another weekend and we can knock more of this out.

That's it for now folks!

WEqzubb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to link up with Jeff today and get some work done on my TK!

QUNEKG7.jpg

We trimmed armor and had to resize the breastplate as it seemed too large

aLWfrHC.jpg

DSglDvz.jpg

BzaoECd.jpg

After the breast plate was cut. Moved on to bondo and sand the seams on the helmet.

OG2qtiJ.jpg

qsZkvlg.jpg

7l7oB8d.jpg

Made some progress today but I had to leave as the military was (Literally) calling

UV3KIds.jpg

Jeff may or may not add his own two cents. Anyway, I hope to get more accomplished soon. Still waiting on my undershirt and gaskets from darkside closet.

Thanks for your interest!

Edited by Kal Akaan

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, awesome work dude, I have been using some of your techniques for my own build. I have hit a road block though and wonder if you have already solved it? How are you connecting the rear belt to the abdomen / front belt? I have used a strap that goes around my waste that holds the rear belt on like a normal belt but it moves around a lot and just doesn't sit right. Any suggestions or advise on how you have done it would be welcome!

I mounted my front belt to the abdomen with machine screws JB welded into the back of the boxes then thru the belt, finally washers and nuts to secure.  The back belt with T Det I originally held on with Velcro. That was not strong enough, so I used snaps and it works great!  Hope this helps. Remember to have fun!

On 6/23/2022 at 12:29 PM, TerribleBen said:

I mounted my front belt to the abdomen with machine screws JB welded into the back of the boxes then thru the belt, finally washers and nuts to secure.  The back belt with T Det I originally held on with Velcro. That was not strong enough, so I used snaps and it works great!  Hope this helps. Remember to have fun!

Awesome thanks for the advise, I don't suppose you have some pics of the rear belt mounting to had do you, don't worry if not, I don't want to be a pest

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 8:33 PM, TerribleBen said:

Look at my build tread here in the the R1TK area. I have a few pics. If you don’t see how I did the mount let me know ok

Thank you again, I took your advise and now have the front and rear belt fitting perfectly. Wish I had thought of this before i started fitting it ha ha

• Like 1