Doopydoo not responding

r21

Sorry that my first post is a negative one but I’m unable to start my build as doopydoo have not sent my pipe kit, it was showing as in stock and I placed an order on 23rd May, paid and waited, no response, waited some more, tried calling them and emailing them, again no response. Raised it with PayPal, no response so now I’ve raised a claim to get money back as they clearly can’t be bothered to respond. 

I’m now looking at alternatives

Truly sorry to hear that, Rob.

Although DD makes a great kit, their customer service/communication is horrible.  I have ordered several of these, and they always took well over 2 months to arrive.  The last time, I contacted PP (as you did), I heard back from DD the next day and received the kit a week later.  PP will usually step in quickly, and I think DD realizes that if they have too many complaints PP can (and will) drop them as a payment alternative, 

Sorry to hear the news. doopy doos is notorious for their lack of communication and consistency for getting their product out to customers. But if you can weather the wait and not give up on trying to contact them , it is a very nice kit to work with. 
check out https://www.starwarscostumeprops.com/

A complete blaster order with all the basic parts needed will cost you more than doopys  but the casting quality is really nice. Casted from original sterling parts. 

Their comms is awful, its a bit like throwing your money down a hole and hoping that something comes up in the bucket.

I've yet to hear of a no-show, but I have heard of some very long waits.

It's such a shame, I have heard they can be a little hit and miss although I have purchased several kits over the years without issue. I would try to contact them again, you never know you may have luck.

20 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Their comms is awful, its a bit like throwing your money down a hole and hoping that something comes up in the bucket.

I've yet to hear of a no-show, but I have heard of some very long waits.

That's the thing... long wait times and communication is basically non-existent, but they always come through....  eventually.