Hi from the UK, 

Just about to spend many hours reading, researching and asking questions to try to get a stormy suit assembled to a reasonable standard. 

Not touched the white stuff before but I do have a little crafty experience from a couple of bits in the past I had a Fb page called Pepakura Heroes a few years back that was a diary of some things I made...including an E-11.

I'm in my late 40s so probably a mid-life thing but of course it's been a dream for decades so I figure I'd come here and hopefully you guys can help me out - you're my only hope.

1602158_274106099405989_241577911_o.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Vin, Welcome to FISD,  Great build of the E-11 Blaster !!  :jc_doublethumbup:

If you haven't done yet, I would like to suggest to check the following Forum Section for set a start point.

Fell free to ask questions, browse the Forum and remember :  Info and research are the clue to make the best investment in armor.

Good luck , We are here to help!  :salute:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Vin, Welcome to FISD,  Great build of the E-11 Blaster !!  :jc_doublethumbup:

If you haven't done yet, I would like to suggest to check the following Forum Section for set a start point.

Fell free to ask questions, browse the Forum and remember :  Info and research are the clue to make the best investment in armor.

Good luck , We are here to help!  :salute:

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, good luck with the research, also check out the Gallery Section for references for your build ;) 

• Like 1

Great work on the E-11, you will have no problems building armour with those kind of skills.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 11:36 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Hello and welcome aboard, good luck with the research, also check out the Gallery Section for references for your build ;) 

Thank you..I've put in a few hours already and I'm sure there's going to be a lot more.

On 7/4/2020 at 1:38 AM, TK-28046 said:

This E-11 is all pepakura made? Wooooow, your skills are very impressive!

The E-11 was a DoopyDoo kit. There's a couple other bits on the page I mentioned. You might like it if you like Halo.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:04 AM, Sly11 said:

Great work on the E-11, you will have no problems building armour with those kind of skills.

Thanks. Massively intimidated by the ferocity of accuracy with this build but to be honest my biggest struggle is sourcing bits n pieces in the UK..do you guys have like a secret stash of snaps and poppers and screws somewhere :laugh1:

3 hours ago, TheMagicNumber said:

--swssssh--

Thanks. Massively intimidated by the ferocity of accuracy with this build but to be honest my biggest struggle is sourcing bits n pieces in the UK..do you guys have like a secret stash of snaps and poppers and screws somewhere :laugh1:

Maybe poke around the Ongoing sales section. There are a few members selling those components.

Also worth to check out the "getting started" section and especially thios thread:

(you got 2 very good sources of armor in the UK btw)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheMagicNumber said:

Thank you..I've put in a few hours already and I'm sure there's going to be a lot more.

The E-11 was a DoopyDoo kit. There's a couple other bits on the page I mentioned. You might like it if you like Halo.

It’s all available in the UK. Armour, snaps, single cap rivets the works. Only tricky thing is e6000 glue as it’s not legal here anymore. I believe some are using one of the gorilla glues, not sure which, or you’ll need someone in the US to source some. 

If your looking to troop the armour as well head over to the UK Garrison as well

https://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/join-us.html

• Like 1

12 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

It’s all available in the UK. Armour, snaps, single cap rivets the works. Only tricky thing is e6000 glue as it’s not legal here anymore. I believe some are using one of the gorilla glues, not sure which, or you’ll need someone in the US to source some. 

If your looking to troop the armour as well head over to the UK Garrison as well

https://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/join-us.html

Just joined ukgarrison to try to get a little more local help in the building process.

E6000 was easy to find as was 99% of the parts I need, like I say main problem I'm stuck at is the snaps/poppers as they seem to be quite niche if I want to be at least somewhat accurate so if anyone has links that'd be great. If not I'll just have to make do as I have found them, just not to the same specs as required. I'll keep at it.

6 hours ago, TheMagicNumber said:

Just joined ukgarrison to try to get a little more local help in the building process.

E6000 was easy to find as was 99% of the parts I need, like I say main problem I'm stuck at is the snaps/poppers as they seem to be quite niche if I want to be at least somewhat accurate so if anyone has links that'd be great. If not I'll just have to make do as I have found them, just not to the same specs as required. I'll keep at it.

Where did you get the E6000? There's a lot of fake stuff about!

Snaps I used Prym Camping 15mm.  You can get them in small 10 packs or a 100 pack.  I got the 100 but used around half of them.  I liked having far more than needed as it means you don't start cheaping out or cut corners to save 1 snap.  I got them from rebel workshop but have a shop around for them.  Also get the proper Prym pliers for them, the best £8 I spent on my build.

Just now, themaninthesuitcase said:

Where did you get the E6000? There's a lot of fake stuff about!

Snaps I used Prym Camping 15mm.  You can get them in small 10 packs or a 100 pack.  I got the 100 but used around half of them.  I liked having far more than needed as it means you don't start cheaping out or cut corners to save 1 snap.  I got them from rebel workshop but have a shop around for them.  Also get the proper Prym pliers for them, the best £8 I spent on my build.

E6000 is genuine US branded product I have already from previous jobs I have good sources for that kind of stuff thanks to plenty of previous hobby time. Funnily enough I think I read about the camping snaps. Thanks. I'll keep looking for a source for those. I have stuff like snap stters, punches, rivet guns, most tools etc etc already so I think it's going to be fun. 

• Like 1

E6000 is genuine US branded product I have already from previous jobs I have good sources for that kind of stuff thanks to plenty of previous hobby time. Funnily enough I think I read about the camping snaps. Thanks. I'll keep looking for a source for those. I have stuff like snap stters, punches, rivet guns, most tools etc etc already so I think it's going to be fun. 

Hi Vin,

Welcome aboard! :-)

For strapping etc, if you also need some of the other fixings, you could consider the strapping kit from RWA Creations. I purchased that for my first RWA build and it included the snaps, rivets, elastics, basically all the bits needed for the “practical popper” method. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheMagicNumber said:

I wasn't sure where to put this so I figured I'd stick it here.

Working on a cheap alternative way to bring the armour to life and keep in character if ever required..ok, ok...I did it for fun and I can't afford an iComm etc :D 

Awesome, what ever works, I started with a $9 voice changer that I gutted and boosted and had in my first helmet, ahh the good old days ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, gmrhodes13 said:

When in doubt check the references in the gallery section 

Yep. I am a slave to that section currently and using those same ref pics. Just making sure some genius hasn't already posted specific measurements of the screw placement before I start making holes.

Thanks 

Welcome aboard!

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, make sure you start a build post once you do get your kit.

We all love seeing new kits getting built and it is a great way to show off your work and get help with parts you aren't sure meet the requirements!

Good Luck selecting and building the kit for you!

• Like 1