FOTK Help

Ukswrath has already provided me with some great information, Thanks Tony.

Just looking for a few more opinions before I pull the trigger since I have given up on Anovos.

I want to go TLJ FOTK and already have the boots, gloves and blaster and am looking at either the KB Props ABS kit or the Jimi Fiberglass kit.

My experience level is I have built and Anovos ANH TK to EIB and am a couple steps from Centurion and an Anovos Shadow TK for my wife. I have done a lot of fiberglass work on jetskis and painted my own jetski and a car.

I like the sharp details of the jimi but don't want to deal with constant cracking and painting if that is an issue.

I am 6'3" and 199 lbs.

Thanks for any and all input.

Edited by mikidymac

I've built an anovos OTTK and an 850 armor shoretrooper kit in the last 3 years.  I'm currently about 3/4 of the way through building a KB TLJ FOTK.  Besides the cut lines not being as visible as the anovos kit it's gone together quickly and easily.  I've had my first experiences with gap filling and sanding to blend seamless connections and that has been a bit of a learning curve.  Overall I'm very happy with my KB kit.  I've got a small build thread in the TLJ armor area if you want to see some pictures.  That's the best advice I can give you though, study the other KB build threads.  I'm specifically referencing:

3 hours ago, joshuasme said:

I've built an anovos OTTK and an 850 armor shoretrooper kit in the last 3 years.  I'm currently about 3/4 of the way through building a KB TLJ FOTK.  Besides the cut lines not being as visible as the anovos kit it's gone together quickly and easily.  I've had my first experiences with gap filling and sanding to blend seamless connections and that has been a bit of a learning curve.  Overall I'm very happy with my KB kit.  I've got a small build thread in the TLJ armor area if you want to see some pictures.  That's the best advice I can give you though, study the other KB build threads.  I'm specifically referencing:

Thank you for your insight. I think the KB is the way I am leaning for ease of use and I have been really happy with my ABS OTTK. I have no problems working with fiberglass but I know how brittle it can get and the last thing I want to be doing is repairing spider cracks all the time.

Edited by mikidymac

Just heard KB is also making some updates to his molds to take them to Centurion level

• Like 1