My WIP RS Prop masters TK armour

Tedi67

Hi, here's a few pics of my WIP TK  RS Prop masters Stormtrooper armour. I purchased this about 6 weeks ago as a lockdown project, I already had a helmet & few other accessories so just needed a set of armour to complete the outfit! Lol! I still have a few bits & pieces to do before it's finished then I'm hoping to submit it  for basic approval ( I may go up another level at a later date ;) ) sorry I don't have any build pics as I've also been quite busy doing DIY as well during lockdown!  Lol! hope you like them. Cheers Darren

IMG-20200628-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20200628-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20200628-WA0019.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Tico, I'm not 100% sure what type of helmet it is as I purchased it off "evilbay" so don't know any of it's history, Lol! it has got the "bubble" lenses & from what I can tell it's been built & painted like a hero helmet, but I'm no expert! Lol! I just thought it looked well made & was good for the price I paid, I already own another set of TK armour that's just for display & I always wanted another set to wear so when RS Prop master's offered their "pandemic special" I just couldn't resist! especially as it gave me something to do besides DIY during lockdown! I have been following your build thread & I'm very impressed with your progress so far, it's looking great, looking forward to seeing it finished. keep up the good work! cheers Darren

Looking SHARP, Darren!  That is definitely a Hero bucket, so If that is what you are applying for you don't forget that the holster has 4 rivets instead of 2 like the Stunt style.  Also, at some point you may want to raise your belt as well and make sure it's level.  Ideally, the top of the ABS portion should ride over the bottom of the large ab-button plate.

tYvVRvf.jpg?1           Nvimd6R.jpg?1   N8trEfM.jpg?1

Here are some reference images for when you get to the point of painting/trimming the ab-button plates:

LSuei4K.jpg?1     JViLwBX.jpg?1

If you have any questions, just ask!

Hi Joseph thanks for your helpful information regarding the helmet,belt & ab buttons, much appreciated! it was the first time I had tried on the full armour just to see how it all looked, I will give it all a final tweak when I have my submission photos taken, I think my belt only has 2 Chicago screw's holding my holster in place, I will attach a couple more when I get the chance, the only Chicago screw's I could find to attach the holster are slotted one side & flat the on other side,the other fasteners I have are 5/8"  dome headed split rivets, are either of these ok? cheers Darren 

14 hours ago, Tedi67 said:

the only Chicago screw's I could find to attach the holster are slotted one side & flat the on other side

All Chicago screws are like this.  Some have a Philips head on one side, but the slotted type (like you have) are what you need.