CoolHandLAZ's Anovos ANH Stunt TK Build (FIRST BUILD!)

CoolHandLAZ

1 hour ago, CoolHandLAZ said:

I'm 5'11 with a long torso. I'm worried if I bring the back up then there will be spaces between the back piece and the kidney. The strapping is already made of nylon so there isn't much give. I can't really raise the posterior any more. I have already given the back piece a hot water bath to straighten out the shoulder strap parts.  Any suggestions on how I could do this? Thanks!

Awesome looking build so far. Nice work!

Are the butt and ab plate able to be pulled up any higher? (is there much of a gap below your crotch?)
If you're able to bring those to pieces up then you could shorten the ab-to-chest straps a little (if needed) and the butt would push up the kidney which would push up the back.

Does that sound doable?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 1:33 PM, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Awesome looking build so far. Nice work!

Are the butt and ab plate able to be pulled up any higher? (is there much of a gap below your crotch?)
If you're able to bring those to pieces up then you could shorten the ab-to-chest straps a little (if needed) and the butt would push up the kidney which would push up the back.

Does that sound doable?

Hi! Sorry for the very very very very late response. Thanks for the kind words!

So yeah I think I'm as high as I can go with the cod and butt pieces. If I were to bring the back piece to where I conceivably would want it, I would have a huge gap in between the back and the kidney pieces.

Here is a picture I took as an example:

6omAzZ6.jpg

I'm really not sure what to do...

No worries for how long it takes to reply.

We all have stuff going on outside of this. All good :duim:

Someone with more experience of anovos armor may well chip in here, but while we're waiting on that...

Could you take some measurements and post them here, to make sure you don't have some components that are smaller than adult size (just a sanity check).

Imagine a straight line running down your spine (all the way under your butt), and measure the back, kidney and butt dimensions along that line. Pretty sure someone else here will also have anovos armor so can compare the measurements. You never know, and it's good to be sure first before looking at other options.

Rich

The backplate definitely needs to be higher, too low in the image bellow. 

grS2D7b.jpg

When ever you are trying armor on you want to have the strapping on too, very hard to judge were it will sit without the strapping, the butt and kidney look low in this image. 

6omAzZ6.jpg

There should be no gap under the cod or butt plate, they should be quite snug so make sure you have no gaps there.

To fix the flaring outwards on the sides of your butt plate you could add V tabs

With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

Here is a trooper with Anovos, height 5'11" and L2 and L3 approved for reference 

gPVOnML.jpg

His build thread is here:

2 hours ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

No worries for how long it takes to reply.

We all have stuff going on outside of this. All good :duim:

Someone with more experience of anovos armor may well chip in here, but while we're waiting on that...

Could you take some measurements and post them here, to make sure you don't have some components that are smaller than adult size (just a sanity check).

Imagine a straight line running down your spine (all the way under your butt), and measure the back, kidney and butt dimensions along that line. Pretty sure someone else here will also have anovos armor so can compare the measurements. You never know, and it's good to be sure first before looking at other options.

Rich

I think the biggest issue unfortunately is that I have a long torso. Here are some pics with measurements. 

qMuFQKj.jpg

OluMFTW.jpg

0HzA3Xs.jpg

I8OmrsX.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

The backplate definitely needs to be higher, too low in the image bellow. 

grS2D7b.jpg

When ever you are trying armor on you want to have the strapping on too, very hard to judge were it will sit without the strapping, the butt and kidney look low in this image. 

6omAzZ6.jpg

There should be no gap under the cod or butt plate, they should be quite snug so make sure you have no gaps there.

To fix the flaring outwards on the sides of your butt plate you could add V tabs

With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

Here is a trooper with Anovos, height 5'11" and L2 and L3 approved for reference 

gPVOnML.jpg

His build thread is here:

Thanks for the feedback! The reason I took the strapping off the back is to show how big the gap would be if I brought up the back piece. The strapping might bring it up a little but there still would be a sizable gap.

47 minutes ago, CoolHandLAZ said:

Thanks for the feedback! The reason I took the strapping off the back is to show how big the gap would be if I brought up the back piece. The strapping might bring it up a little but there still would be a sizable gap.

But are the ab and butt plate snug, they look very low in this image. It does take some adjustments to get everything sitting right and strapping is a huge part of it. 

6omAzZ6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 7:11 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

But are the ab and butt plate snug, they look very low in this image. It does take some adjustments to get everything sitting right and strapping is a huge part of it. 

6omAzZ6.jpg

Totally! Makes sense. Yeah I brought everything back up and adjusted the strapping to get it as high as I could. But one of the culprits, I found, was that I had a pretty big gap in between my back and the backplate itself. Gave it a hot water bath and was able to straighten it out, thus moving it up. :duim:

• Like 1

I am also happy to say that with the adjustments suggested by the folks above and my GML, I have been approved! *TK 71128*

Thank you all for your help and support! I couldn't have done it without you! SoCal Garrison and LA squad, happy to join you! I look forward to applying for EIB and Centurion in the future as well!

• Like 4

Congratulations Luke!!!:jc_doublethumbup:...Your armor looks great!!!

hace 3 horas, CoolHandLAZ dijo:

"... I look forward to applying for EIB and Centurion in the future as well!"

Great news, Luke!!!!:peace:   .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoolHandLAZ said:

I am also happy to say that with the adjustments suggested by the folks above and my GML, I have been approved! *TK 71128*

Great news, congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoolHandLAZ said:

Congratulations Trooper welcome to the ranks !! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 1