Thoughts on AM 4.5 ANH TK kit

So I am new to the 501st and this is my first time buying armor, (I am 5’8 and 156 lbs). I am planning on going straight for centurion level I am considering the AM 4.5 ANH kit and wanted to know the thoughts of some more experienced builders. Thanks in advance everyone!

Stephanie Felton Cadet #2025

• Like 1

Stephanie, I don't know about the AM armor as mine is Anovos but it's certainly an excellent idea to plan on going straight for Centurion. Welcome aboard.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

As an AM owner, i can say the quality is amazing, strong and sturdy. I will say I was about 250lbs and I trimmed a lot off. It’s made for bigger troopers so if you move forward with it don’t be shocked if it feels like your trimming a lot of plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Stephanie!  I have been trooping in my AM armor for about 5 years, and it's built like a tank!  No cracks, splits or yellowing issues, and the customer service is top notch.  It's design allows it to be used for larger troopers, but it can be cut down to fit almost anyone... (well, maybe not Jawas).  Plus, it comes with a lot of extras (TD clips, rubber gloves and black Nomex flight gloves, flexible hand guards and all Centurion level hardware).

Hey Stephanie!

As the others have pointed out already, AM makes a great kit for larger folks. And you can trim it to fit any size.

I wish I had done my homework before I bought the kit I did. I'm 6'2" and 260lbs and I have some issues with my ATA Works kit. It is a bit small either in the chest or abdomen, as well as the shoulder bells. My son who is 5' 11" and 175 lbs fits in his ATA Works kit like it was made for him.

Whatever way you go, ask alot of questions, and don't forget to start a build thread so we can see your progress and help out anyway we call.

:popcorn:

We love helping new troopers get going! These folks at FISD are a great help. I'm happy I had access when I was working on TK.

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...