Making custom coffee cups at home - what do you use?

Daetrin

Hey all,

Every guy has a "thing" they collect, whether it be hats, belt buckles, or whatever.  For some reason I have like 100 coffee cups.  Yeah, it's nuts but there it is.  Rather than uploading my designs to Redbubble or similar and paying $15+ for a mug that I can get retail for $2, I'm thinking of getting a machine so I can do them at home for my personal use (or to give as presents to family/friends - I have no desire to sell anything).

It's hard to figure out what is reasonable in terms of price but also works - I don't want to spend $100 on a machine and then find out the stuff can't be put in a dishwasher or doesn't work well.

I'm trying to do research and things seem to point to this machine, as in addition to creating coffee mugs I can use it for t-shirts too, and anyone who knows me knows I also like t-shirts too (especially now that I'm 100% WFH and don't need to dress up for the office).

https://www.amazon.com/F2C-Machine-T-shirt-Transfer-Sublimation/dp/B01ANF8H1K/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=FC2+PRO+6+IN+1+COMBO&qid=1592488315&sr=8-3

Are there better recommendations?  Does anyone actually one one of these types of machines, and if so which model are you using?

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I actually bought my wife one of those for Christmas a few years back.  She makes T-Shirt transfers on her Cricut machine, and uses that to attach it to the T-Shirt. She has yet to use it for making hats or mugs, but I think eventually shes going to give it a try. I'll try and look up the model number for you soon.

0079e302e702aebfc6583b2423e7b325.jpg
It doesn’t have any identifying Model Numbers from what I can tell, but appears to be the same one you posted the link for. I used it to press my codpiece after sewing it together when I was building my Biker Scout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TK-42134