Hi!

MTBer

Good afternoon TKs,

Ive been a builder/maker for about 6 years now, building from scratch with card, glue, bondo etc...I did post a thread of my very first prototype at therfp but it didnt get much interest, but it gives an ideas of what i get up to -  https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/my-anh-trooper-from-scratch-build.269715/

After that build I set about doing a full size helmet using similar methods, i think I worked on and off for 18 months on that (I work very, very slowly!). Will do a thread about it sometime.

Sadly no plans to joing the 501st but i think its a brilliant thing. I am literally a little short for a stormtrooper, i would look totally daft!

I am rather obsessed with stormtroopers, particularly ANH, particularly helmets. I have a few interesting projects lined up and id love feedback/input as i go along.

Ok thanks for having me :)

MTBer

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MTBer said:

I am literally a little short for a stormtrooper, i would look totally daft!

Tall, short, fat, skinny, handsome, ugly ...Each one has a different body...What others think doesn't matter. Fight for your dreams, and if you like ANH stormtroopers, become one of them...

Welcome to FISD.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

My dream would be to sculpt>produce moulds>vac form>assemble>501 approval full armour but as I'm sure you are aware that is a very, very long road. But a fun one!! 

Has anyone here done such a thing?

Cheers :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MTBer said:

Thanks for the welcome guys!

My dream would be to sculpt>produce moulds>vac form>assemble>501 approval full armour but as I'm sure you are aware that is a very, very long road. But a fun one!! 

Has anyone here done such a thing?

Cheers :)

Can't say that I have, but we have several approved vendors that do it on a regular basis, and if asked nicely, I'm sure they would share their experience with you.

I know that Walter Vongher from Walt's Trooper Factory (WTF) has been doing some live streams as he works answering questions and showing his process. You can find him on Facebook.

Follow your Dream! And let us know once you get it complete. We are always looking for more screen accurate armor vendors.

Good Luck!

Welcome. That helmet you're making reminds me of some pictures I have seen of the helmet Riddell made. That would be a cool thing to have in a helmet collection. Great work.

OK great ill check him out! I just LOVE building, I think im pretty well clued up about helmets but armour is a whole new ball game

5 hours ago, jsilvius said:

Can't say that I have, but we have several approved vendors that do it on a regular basis, and if asked nicely, I'm sure they would share their experience with you.

I know that Walter Vongher from Walt's Trooper Factory (WTF) has been doing some live streams as he works answering questions and showing his process. You can find him on Facebook.

Follow your Dream! And let us know once you get it complete. We are always looking for more screen accurate armor vendors.

Good Luck!

Thank you, I checked them out couldnt see any images of their stuff sadly. But its got me thinking...! 

4 hours ago, TK-42134 said:

Welcome. That helmet you're making reminds me of some pictures I have seen of the helmet Riddell made. That would be a cool thing to have in a helmet collection. Great work.

Thank you! As i said i will make a thread sometime about the full size one I almost finished, except it wasnt full size! Its about 10-15% too small. That was a bummer, after all the work i did. I had no helmet of any kind, i was just going off images and i found a post by Space Cowboy no less, who did the pep files a lot of people use, and he said a helmet is roughly 12x12x12...i figured he would know! I walked past a shop in London that had an Anovos in the window and i knew immediately mine was too small.

Id love to see this other helmet you mention, is there a thread here?

Cheers!

Here is a link that has a picture of one, along thigh a few other Star Wars  mini helmets Riddell made. 

http://www.oohyeahzone.com/collection/collection1-wallcabinet.html

The guy has a pretty impressive collection from many different films.

• 4 weeks later...