I come from the planet Maryland

Hey everyone!  My name’s Fred and this is my first post!  I‘m currently in the process of building my ATA armor, and it’s been awesome!  

I’m still working on getting a helmet.  I’ve emailed several makers, RT-Mod, AM, AP, and T/MC, and only got one reply and he’s since gone ghost.  I’ll just assume they’re all busy.  

Anyways, I look forward to having fun with this armor!  I plan to join 501st eventually, but what I’m excited about the most is putting it up on a mannequin and occasionally putting the armor on and scaring my wife lol.

BB380085-31C1-4C0C-911B-1B1BF739D4B3.jpeg

Edited by DarthOnarged
  • Like 4

Welcome aboard Fred! If the planet Maryland is anything like Arizona there's not much happening right now. Hopefully you've checked out the EIB and Centurion threads.

Hey, you know what else? Start a build thread of your own. You'll never be more than a post away from some good solid advice.

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

Welcome to FISD Fred... The truth is that it's difficult to achieve some armor parts at this time, due to the global pandemic.:wacko:

Don't worry, and good luck with the helmet!!!

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD, Fred! I too am working on an ATA kit! It looks like you already have much of your armor together, and if you end up getting an ATA helmet, check out Panda’s ATA helmet tutorial below:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/14806-how-to-assembling-ata-abs-helmet-1/

If you decide to start a build thread, I’ll be excited to follow along with you, and feel free to check out my thread as well! We can journey towards the 501st together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, just watch out when using different helmets the color can differ from one maker to another ;) 

• Like 2

Welcome to the home of shiny white armor, Fred... fantastic to have you here!  As Glen mentioned, the shades of armor can vary from maker to maker, so sticking with ATA would be your best bet if at all possible.  While waiting, I would suggest putting the armor on (with your black under-suit) and posting up a few photos.  This way we can give you a heads-up in case there are any issues you may have for Basic approval and put you one step ahead of the game!

The build so far looks GREAT! One small thing I did notice is that it appears your right forearm piece looks a little wider and not as tapered as the left one, especially at the wrist.  This could very well be because they are not lying at the same angle, though.  If it does need to be altered, we can help.... all ya' gotta do is ask.  Always feel free to ask any questions you may have.

VMzZKtM.jpg  q89Fgnn.jpg

The build so far looks GREAT! One small thing I did notice is that it appears your right forearm piece looks a little wider and not as tapered as the left one, especially at the wrist.  This could very well be because they are not lying at the same angle, though.  If it does need to be altered, we can help.... all ya' gotta do is ask.  Always feel free to ask any questions you may have.

It looks like the forearm rolled a little bit out of the right orientation. Below are pictures of the arms more properly aligned. Also, I think the original left forearm was more curvy than the right. Do you think this looks acceptable?

9e9a9ef8cd19c6197d2725552d9fb80d.jpeg
0f6b301ae41f7c6ef2a59ae3dc30310a.jpeg
  • Like 1

Quick question, is there any protocol other than the rules listed at the top of the imperial commissary personal items board? Doesn’t seem like I can reply to anything. I assumed you just PM the seller which I did. Also assume that if someone has a long history on these forums they’re most likely trustworthy.

Hi Fred and welcome to the FISD!  Your ATA armor looks great so far.  So the issue you were having with the sales area is you have to have a minimum post count in order to post there.  I believe it's either 4 or 5 posts.  So you only have to make another one or two and then you should be able to respond.

As far as helmets go you have a couple of options.  Stick to ATA and hopefully he will be able to get you taken care of so you have the same helmet and armor.  If not then I know MTK is just pulling sets of armor now and he has helmet kits available.  You can reach out to Mike at mtk_armor@cox.net or on his facebook page at trooperbay.  Otherwise there are a couple of helmets for sale in the personal sale area.  I may actually have one listed there if you are interested :duim:.

If you have any other questions then don't hesitate to ask!

• Like 1

Hi Fred and welcome to the FISD!  Your ATA armor looks great so far.  So the issue you were having with the sales area is you have to have a minimum post count in order to post there.  I believe it's either 4 or 5 posts.  So you only have to make another one or two and then you should be able to respond.

As far as helmets go you have a couple of options.  Stick to ATA and hopefully he will be able to get you taken care of so you have the same helmet and armor.  If not then I know MTK is just pulling sets of armor now and he has helmet kits available.  You can reach out to Mike at mtk_armor@cox.net or on his facebook page at trooperbay.  Otherwise there are a couple of helmets for sale in the personal sale area.  I may actually have one listed there if you are interested :duim:.

If you have any other questions then don't hesitate to ask!

The reason why I decided not to go with the ATA helmet is because my personal preference is without the bumps and warts. I was however eyeing up your TM helmet for sale. Couldn’t tell from the pictures, but do TMs have the imperfections or are they idealized?