rom f/x equipment question

tcf

Try hitting -----. then Photos and sound.

It comes with everything you need.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

defyitall said:
Actually mine came with a battery.

Ditto.

The only thing I would suggest changing with the rom set up is the mic. The one that came with mine packed up after only a half dozen troops so I did what most of the UKG have done and swap it out for one of the flat mic "skype "type pc mics such as this:

-------

-----

as you can see, its a mod thats not going to break the bank. :D

If you stick with the standard 9v set up be prepared to go through a LOT of batteries. Personally I have found that once they have less than about 80% charge they will need replacing ( still good to run your helmet fans for hours though ;) ) so I will eventually be going the 12v route.

Having said that, I have seen most other voice amps available in use ( even owned one of the " halloween 3 voice " voice changers) and I have to say the Rom beats all comers hands down! That includes the Tricktoys. My sandie mate had one of those and it lasted 3 troops before the board broke. He now has a Rom. lol B)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Actually mine came with a battery.

Dam, how times change...

They didn't have batteries supplied 4½ years ago... :(:D

As for the mic, yes as Matt said above it's one of things that does need upgrading.

I still have the original 1st version mic in mine, and still going strong after all these years... not sure why John replaced them TBH.

i haven't worked up a plan for installing this, but can you run both the amp and cooling fan setup with 8-AA's?

also, should you enclose the romfx in a box, or is it ok as is? seems like it would be fragile.

i haven't worked up a plan for installing this, but can you run both the amp and cooling fan setup with 8-AA's?

also, should you enclose the romfx in a box, or is it ok as is? seems like it would be fragile.

Best to keep the ROM/FX on the 8xAA's and have the fan on a single 9v setup.

The board is a fairly robust bit of kit TBH... you get a balloon to put it in, so the moisture stays out. Mines been getting abuse for over 4 years now, and never let me down.