New trooper looking for first kit

I am a 175 lbs 6'1" man looking for some armour. I was wondering what suggestions you all have. I would like to go a step (or so) classier than the FX armour, but I don't know too much about what is out there, and I am sure you guys could point me in a good direction. Any help you have will be greatly appriciated.

Here is a good site to study. Keep in mind that GF is now AP.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I think I am leaning towards either RT or TE, does anyone have any suggestions? Are these normally good fits for tall skinny guys?

The RT was made for a 6' 210lb person, the TE is more for 5'10" 155lb person, but any armor can be shimmed/trimmed to fit just about anyone. The RT is cheaper and comes pretrimmed if it matters.

The TE will need to be trimmed and painted but is the closest you can get to a screen used suit. It really depends on your end goal is. Both are great suits, though I admit being partial to the TE.

ABS will be more durable over time than HIPS, if that's what you mean. Since your priorities seem to be price & durability, FX is certainly the way to go.

One doesn't weather any better than the other. Good weathering rests in the talents of the person applying the paint, not the underlying armor.

The RT was made for a 6' 210lb person, the TE is more for 5'10" 155lb person, but any armor can be shimmed/trimmed to fit just about anyone. The RT is cheaper and comes pretrimmed if it matters.

The AP is a copy of the TE right? cuz thats what I am getting, because it fits me and is more movie accurate :)

AP is a copy of the GF witch came from TE. so AP is 4th gen armor

Movie used 1st

TE 2nd

GF 3rd

AP 4th

Yeah, thats what it was... :) I knew it was something like that