Etsy experience?

4 hours ago, Dbop1120 said:

I've seen armor, helmets, and E-11s on Etsy. Has any one made a purchase for costuming supplies on Etsy? Any sellers you recommend, or can tell me to stay away from?

Read the following 2 threads:

There are enough sources that are problematic on etsy.

There are a few sellers there who make armor that can be approved at all levels (if built correctly, of course).  One of them is AP (Authentic Props) who makes an awesome set and is on our "vetted" seller's list.  Another quality kit there is from 850ArmorWorks.

Be aware that there are also those on etsy who sell recast kits (copies of other people's work).  These may be less expensive, but it's a case of "you get what you pay for" and in many instances the quality/customer service is just not there. 

If you are looking at one in particular, just add a link to the sales site and we can better help you.  

For the FOTK I'm building right now I bought both an SE44C and F11D kit from a 3d printer on etsy.  They arrived quickly and the print quality was fantastic.  I made sure there were lots of positive reviews before ordering.

I find etsy hit an miss at times, I always try to do a little more research, see if they are also listed on a forum, web page, facebook and such, the more places you find someone the less chance they can disappear easily, not always works but can help

I know Rankbadger Shaun) Aussie lad, who has supplied plenty of my garrison with Imperial rank badges.

Etsy is quickly becoming the worlds largest supplier of home made goods of all kinds. I sell a ton of cosplay items there myself, my advice, read the reviews and ask around!

That said as Tom mentioned above check the vetted suppliers list when it comes to armor armor.

If you have further questions regarding a specific item you're looking to purchase just ask here.