TK-21864 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP) (969)

1. Name: Ashley Robertson

2. 501st TK ID 

3. arobertson66

4. Outerrim Garrison

5. Armor Maker: Authentic Props

6. Helmet Maker: Authentic Props

7. Cloth belt Maker: Authentic Props

8. Neck seal: maker: Trooperbay

9. Boot Maker: Imperial Boots

10. Blaster: Doopy Doo E-11 conversion kit

11. Height 6'4

12. Weight: 185 lbs

dzdqxab.jpg?1

WdiIQwO.jpg

NxtsK56.jpg?1

KwGUsNe.jpg

l5O4gnQ.jpg

kjdtuLH.jpg

h2IjDIV.jpg?1

83CDaUH.jpg?1

lFWeDJm.jpg

BgGgW7c.jpg

khufDNZ.jpg

XhjBsKQ.jpg

0wRr9nT.jpg

XlOM36L.jpg

NGYMSVY.jpg

u9rjxU7.jpg

p8VxpEf.jpg

KYOkLmQ.jpg

28068Td.jpg

OBHSbGP.jpg

Mi5TmQd.jpg

hSDzqYL.jpg

gzmRlzK.jpg

P8Wqjwf.jpg

o0LMHg8.jpg

pHCHUwi.jpg

n83N7qi.jpg

33ZRaZY.jpg?1

lHI7tcb.jpg

Either (A) When he grows up, I can join the sandtrooper corps, or (B) Freakin Jawas!  That Dewback picture in the ad was not actual size.

Edited by arobertson
Did not complete it properly the first time
  • Like 1

Welcome, Ashley!  Unfortunately, your imgur pics did not come though, and the link you included is only to your 501st profile.  Since you have some issues posting the pics for your submission please PM me for for detailed info on how to post them so that we ca, "Move along"/  Thanks!

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-21864 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP)

One last favor, Ashley, before I can get started could you post up 2 close-up photos for us?  One of the Hovi tips and one of the vocoder.  Thanks!! :duim:

Hi Ashley!  Your review is ready to go except for one small detail, brother.  It has been pointed out that the paint on your teeth needs to come back a bit.  I know this is a small detail, but it is actually a requirement for Basic approval.  10 minutes with a toothpick, a few cotton swabs and some Goo-Gone would get them right where they need to be!  After that, add some new pics and we can get you approved at EI!!  :salute:

Ip4pt0y.jpg   96uZdTo.jpg

Reference images  Note distinct gap between the tops/bottoms of the teeth

MiRjDNf.jpg?1    SCIy9VR.jpg?2

Hi Ashley, and thank you for your EI submission!  In the following review I will be going over items pertaining to your current submission, as well as those that will be required for Centurion level should you choose to apply. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of Sha Sha, Mario and myself,  Congratulations!   :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

First and foremost, I have to give you BIG props on fitting this AP kit sir!  We don't get many 6' 4" troopers here, but you have managed to rock this armor!  Are there issues?  Yep, but nothing insurmountable, and we are here to help you get to L3!  EXCELLENT job on fixing the teeth paint, by the way.. Thanks!!

Although not a deal breaker for Level 3, for a better screen accurate appearance we are suggesting that (if possible) you move the ears forward a bit.  In a perfect world, the screws should line up with the rear line of the trap above them. 

Reference images

aIYm9jc.jpg?1           w5iuAXW.jpg?1   12dv9CU.jpg?1

I can see that you have the elastic shoulder straps (first photo) but it appears that your ABS shoulder straps could definitely use a hot water bath, which would allow them to conform better to the back plate.      

Reference images

weiud8o.jpg?1  4qkI97U.jpg  zSpdotd.jpg         XaW2yz6.jpg?1  vKaX3kV.jpg?1

Being as you are a taller Trooper, the back plate/kidney gap in the rear is an issue.  Normally we would suggest dropping the back down a bit, but it looks like you already beat us to it!  Since you have it extended all the way, your height is taken into consideration and you are good to go!

Reference image

ZAdtqRk.jpg    bpR6IfN.jpg?1        F3pPCRF.jpg?2

Since Level 3 is all about the details, there are a couple of strapping issues on your left bicep/forearm.  Note that the left bicep rides up higher than the right one, and I think your strapping is causing the left forearm to ride up as well, creating a symmetry issue.  Lowering the left bicep an inch or so should take care of this.

53wdXMS.jpg     

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than those for Expert Infantry, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The top 2 ear screws on each side are perfect, but the bottom ones will unfortunately need to be replaced for Level 3.  As stated in the CRL they must be "countersunk"... in other words V shaped like the ones above them.  If you like, I will send you the correct ones at no cost (you gotta' pay shipping, though). :)

Reference images

QFmAx8E.jpg      MuUsCeQ.jpg?1    U08jjNE.jpg?1

We understand that you are a taller trooper, and it may very well be the position you are standing in, but the gaps between the shoulder bells and back plate are very wide.  If I could make a suggestion, it would be to stand straight up with your arms directly by your side for future photos.

Reference images

0UcpmMf.jpg?2  fMNqjhD.jpg?1 iVyNsWS.jpg?1

When comparing the forearms, the raised area (with the divots) on your right forearm should be facing out like the one on your right.  Some simple strapping adjustments would take care of this easily!

Reference images

MqMTqMV.jpg?1  CcEKM1h.jpg?1              1wtGFnu.jpg?2    Nfuo8ix.jpg?1

EXCELLENT job on the large ab-button plate trimming, and although it's not specifically mentioned in the CRL the small one needs to be taken back a bit.  The sides should not extend over the raised ridges, but should sit inside them.  This may take some work (I had to do the same thing on my first EI submission) but it makes a big difference in the overall look.

Reference images

vFTaHP5.jpg            dKdWbvY.jpg?1   bV5jcsg.jpg?1

As per the CRL for Level 3, there are 2 issues that need to be addressed.  The first is that your ABS belt is riding pretty low, and needs to sit "...just above the bottom of the ... ab button panels".  Adding some Velcro behind it and an the bottom of the ab-plate should correct this.

c2U1mhn.jpg

Reference images

QFpfdcX.jpg?3   jPHaMw6.jpg?1

In addition to the ABS belt being raised, the canvas belt should be brought up as well.  As it sits now, the lower ab/kidney rivets are visible.  Even though you are a taller trooper, these should not be seen, so the bottom of the canvas belt should ride near the bottom of the kidney and not overlap the kidney/posterior plate as much.  Easy fix!

Reference images

dQtmvaz.jpg          HRWCCg1.jpg?1    GKCWjwT.jpg?1

Again, although not specifically mentioned in the CRL, for screen accuracy the canvas belt can not have visible holes.

Reference image

mxo0tD9.jpg             PxS4kkm.png?1

Last up are the drop boxes, brother.  This is one of the most common items we see, but really simple to remedy!  The outer (back) edges need to align with the rear edge of the ABS ammo belt.  You may have to trim off some of the strapping in the back, but some well placed E-6000 would bring those right in line!

Reference images

PpBkLnu.jpg?2     2uUJAFL.jpg     sOJCtO0.jpg?1  rGRjR38.jpg?1  to2RTPs.png?1

Overall a super nice job on this armor, Ashley!  There are a few items to address, but I have confidence that you will go the extra mile to get to Level 3 and I congratulate you on your new rank as part of the Expert Infantry!  :salute:

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-21864 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP) (969)

Thank you for all the kind words! I am so excited - hard to imagine that I sat to watch the 501 panel at San Diego comicom last summer, and thought to myself "Wow, how cool would it be to be a part of this?"

I must say that it was a challenging build because of my height and my skill set, but that made it even more rewarding.  Huge thanks to CoasterTK who helped so much (i think I texted him more than my wife in the past 6 months) and exemplified "troopers helping troopers".  

Look forward to trooping! Yay!

Edited by arobertson

Congratulations Ashley, welcome to Expert Infantry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk