Back again

I joined the forum 2 years ago but didn’t have the info and cash to get my armor then. A few things came up here and there along the way that had priority over the armor suit but finally I have the money to get one. I’m getting a fully commissioned ANH armor from RS Prop Masters, I’m looking for tips if I need to do anything extra to get 501 approval. What are the next steps to join my local Garrison. 

Do you guys have a suggestion if this is a good purchase or is there a place I should check out. I really want a fully commissioned set, as I’m not great in DIY projects. 

hope to read some of the comments and looking forward to joining my local Garrison. 

• Like 1

Hi Carlos, and welcome to the TRUE home of shiny white armor!  Your decision to purchase a commission from RS is a wise one... you really can't get any more screen accurate, and their customer service is second to none!

What I would suggest at this point is that once you get your Big Brown Box from them, try on the armor (you may need help with this) and post up some photos in our "Pre-approval" thread" located here.  We can will help you with any details so that when you apply for Basic 501st approval you should pass on the first try.

Note that RS builds their commission kits to Centurion level, so I hope you will consider taking your armor to the next level(s) by applying for the Expert Infantry Badge after initial approval and Centurion Level after that! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DesertDoyer said:

" I’m getting a fully commissioned ANH armor from RS Prop Masters"

Excellent choice, Carlos... Welcome to FISD. We can't wait to see your BBB...With that armor you will not have problems in your EIB and Centurion application...Try it.

We are aiming to have 1000 approved by the end of the year. We only have 33 spots left now(Expert Infantry badge)...Then, achieving the centurion level will make you proud of your armor ... 100% screen accurate:duim:

Good luck Carlos...

Buena suerte Carlos...

Hello Carlos,

Greetings from a member of your local Dune Sea Garrison. The next steps to join the 501st Legion and the Dune Sea Garrison would be to sign up on the forums over at https://duneseagarrison.com/, if you haven't done so yet. Our local Garrison Academy Instructors (GAI) are Christopher Gilb, Jeff Seager. They are tasked with assisting new members with costumes, questions, and onboarding. Over on our forum Chris "Big Gulp" is TK-BigGulp Jeff is RapierOne. Our local Garrison armorer is Michael Culp @TK1636, and he is extremely knowledgeable as well. Also, I'm willing to help you out with any questions you have. We look forward to having another "Shiny" amongst our ranks!

• Like 1

Hello carlos, RS Prop Masters is a good choice but still the armor must fit and proportional with your body. So the fitting its important and do not hestitate to post your fitting pictures here or reach FISD Attache in your area to see if need adjustment.

Good luck.

I personally would go with ABS, Carlos, but that is up to you.  ABS has a shiny finish, can withstand a lot of abuse and is screen accurate.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to ask, is there any difference between ordering the RS Prop Master Kit and the Fully Commissioned, other than the fact that the fully commissioned is a bit more expensive?

I am venturing to guess, if you don't have the time to build out your own armor, the fully commissioned route is the way to go?  

12 minutes ago, spahn said:

I would like to ask, is there any difference between ordering the RS Prop Master Kit and the Fully Commissioned, other than the fact that the fully commissioned is a bit more expensive?

I am venturing to guess, if you don't have the time to build out your own armor, the fully commissioned route is the way to go?  

Pretty much if you also get the strapping kit. I would suggest to ask around if someone could help you build it as that would be a great experience and actually be done faster. An experienced builder would have it finished during a weekend:)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, spahn said:

Hi Jose, Welcome to FISD

With ordering a fully commissioned armor  you are gaining time, if you have no time or don't want to build it your self, you skip the process of trimming, gluing, measuring etc. Obliviously it has an extra cost.  For a fully commission  , You just need to send the vendor some Body measures and they make all the work for you. 

As @justjoseph63   pointed in a previous response to this post  :

"Hi Carlos, and welcome to the TRUE home of shiny white armor!  Your decision to purchase a commission from RS is a wise one... you really can't get any more screen accurate, and their customer service is second to none!

What I would suggest at this point is that once you get your Big Brown Box from them, try on the armor (you may need help with this) and post up some photos in our "Pre-approval" thread" located here.  We can will help you with any details so that when you apply for Basic 501st approval you should pass on the first try.

Note that RS builds their commission kits to Centurion level, so I hope you will consider taking your armor to the next level(s) by applying for the Expert Infantry Badge after initial approval and Centurion Level after that! "

Good luck with your project .  :salute:

• Like 1

@TheSwedeand @TKSpartan thank you so much for the replies.  I will probably go the route of self-building as I want the experience of building it out and I do have the name of a local builder that's part of the squad, that I could reach out to, if I needed the help.  Thanks again!  Now on to saving some $$$.  :)

• Like 2

Great Jose, 

One question.  Have you decided which armor make are you  going for? if not, take a look to the following post about Where to find an Armor

Any other question please remember,  we are here to Help.  :salute:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Great Jose, 

One question.  Have you decided which armor make are you  going for? if not, take a look to the following post about Where to find an Armor

Any other question please remember,  we are here to Help.  :salute:

Yes, i think am going to go for the Stormtrooper Stunt from RS PropMasters.   And thank you for the offer to help.  This forum is great and the people are even better! 

Edited by spahn

On 6/29/2020 at 1:30 PM, TKSpartan said:

Great desicion, good luck and looking forward for your BBB day photos. 

Cheers :salute:

One other question I forgot to ask since I was just doing some additional research...the RS Prop Stunt, I am 6'1, are there any concerns with adjusting it to my height or are the molds built for anyone's height? 

27 minutes ago, spahn said:

One other question I forgot to ask since I was just doing some additional research...the RS Prop Stunt, I am 6'1, are there any concerns with adjusting it to my height or are the molds built for anyone's height? 

The folks at RS are experts in fitting armor and will make any necessary adjustments as needed for your height, so not to worry.  If there happens to be an issue, their customer service is second to none.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spahn said:

Hey there, 

I'm near Tampa as well, Dover if you are familiar with it, next to Valrico, I am just about finished with my RS kit. I am 6' and about 210lbs. I needed a shim on the kidney plate (really easy to do, I can go help with that if needed) but height wise it's not been an issue. If you have either a disproportionate leg length or torso length then you might have issues with height. I am fairly average I think in proportions and it works out well. If you know you are a bit girthier like me then you might ask them if they have any extended kidney armor pieces so you don't have to shim them, but I don't 100% know on that. 

Welcome, and good luck!

• Like 3