TK-79008 Requesting ROTJ EIB Status (TM Props) [971]

5 hours ago, shashachu said:

@MrFlavaFlave I'm starting your review now. In the meantime, do you have an 'action' shot of you in full armor? 

Yes ma'am I do.

lC5uSJ9.jpg

iExsYZk.jpg

Edited by MrFlavaFlave
  • Like 1

Hi David,

Thanks for your application - it's great to see ROTJ armor in a sea of ANH armors! You are actually my first ROTJ approval. :)

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Just a small note here: your shoulder bell corners are rounded which is required for ROTJ; however one is more square than the other, so you may want to round it off a bit more to match.

ACtC-3fcYkaWOFR67LTR_IFFu_i7Ty1nOCUhDaIVX8IJND7MQODEW01g3cMNWOGfAipl5fD5gUPYR7dJlUXG-gc8u1qEXTaa99Dd0uHBGkOSA4tbF0kz2kBtqTt4H0H_fy3P6lqat6AJQnxkkwlbK5YDIoo97A=w1200-h900-no?authuser=1

Reference:

ACtC-3d4t2lY7cVNhsOn1h0W2D6XJkzdu9hRIYnH-cs20FSbTN1in-pCYSBA9Dloqlim1wz_6oFP9PLN_jP0ZALHwVxcx8LnU4uX0T7rs3S3iwW2luHvVqYvTW3ZwWEby2gq-_ZzHioiiuYTts1o7xwO1qlGDA=w1024-h682-no?authuser=1

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Starting from the top, the L3 CRL states:

The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

It doesn't appear they are present on your build:

ACtC-3fhjPl3F0L7SRs5p1JJa816JuCtRJ_J2ZlNmluVP1WXUy0jlBPBZmxDWYGPnGwBpEBqLiOxkwvz6P5rX1tdY1nLDWr2zwoo7FdvTZUcXDA8BsyN4uTwfLZy_PnozYck_0PrJge9RwGy1Uxll0l6G608Gw=w1467-h1100-no?authuser=1

Reference Image: (Sorry; you'll have to squint to see them :) )

ACtC-3dgqM10O0Aqm8KJMfITl5pKrA_nhKRWfRUL

Next, the L3 CRL states:

• Shoulder bells have foam padding inside.
  • Shoulder bells are slightly pinched and worn slightly higher, compared to ANH/ESB.

The language is a little confusing, but if you take a look at the screen used suits, you'll see that the shoulder bells sit quite far out from the troopers' bodies, and this was accomplished with some simple foam padding. Should be an easy fix!

ACtC-3fnagcGP3ruHHXj3l5cBxEmyCqLwz2MWK7X

Reference Images:

ACtC-3dc3VmCEu_kmfUOaybAgPIXp0-xhLUTu0unXN9BSQQxMMLxtWOlkjc5w715P_x0JpORAuMYE7dFRuAEmhMHUWd4FTY5V_cDTlw6BFkMv0gdMN-y0wo25wnZVed_r_LarIWiAU1MGik3Pi_DaJJivnWtyw=w482-h641-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3cHW3lWnxyg1u0m74qRJhbA5i_ID0whKKYZ  ACtC-3cdTYkAJO5Q6JpoyFeD6-c_gbTNqhRDvjFM

Moving along, the L3 CRL states:

No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

This is the same requirement as on ANH and ESB armors, and should just be a few minutes with some scissors or dremel to remove all that return edge on the wrist side.

ACtC-3ewMwbR850kxES1-QhL1GyOi9ZsfRChEumFS81fIJHShuIxdhRlt3B-bCwKqvzgcBx30MdzELjxOgQ7X6KyM_MyL0PEspJKvHL-cDHAq2VY5xz5_zw1buEd-xybgK708tMWusoxqCRDAVKKI9tRlETfkw=w1200-h900-no?authuser=1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fNCwsnUMmxH_9HFIk4LTX1nbUIjQFPkfTp

Finally, after some discussion amongst the DO team, we've concluded that unfortunately your blaster won't pass for Centurion. You've done a *great* job with the print, but there are several details that are just too far off from being screen-accurate to pass for L3.

1.  Rear sight has holes in both sides   

Reference images

4EI5OHr.jpg?1                  IaPRkt3.gif  xcvzNgE.jpg?1

2. Scope mount missing details

Reference image                                                                                        Reference image

KtzMIqe.jpg            OcRgBcK.jpg              LWOHob2.jpg   rwuOTCx.jpg?1

3.  Bottom arc of end cap is cut too deep.

Reference image                                                                                         

6ibAfjK.jpg        xk1fKX2.jpg

4.  Missing forward D-ring (L3 requirement).

CrppaN2.jpg    urWkKAY.jpg?1   HbeInv4.jpg?1   OBCEokZ.jpg

5.  Muzzle needs 2 countersunk Allen bolts (L3 requirement).  Although the CRL states that these should be in the 10 and 4 o'clock positions, none of the references I could find show this.  The closest I could find was 11 and 5 o'clock positions.  Either way they probably shouldn't be at the 9 and 3 positions.

RPJNuxs.jpg          d5qbUrO.jpg?1

6.  Ammo clip is inaccurate.

Reference image

RUOUtaq.jpg        6hdwgpu.jpg?1

Here are a bunch of detailed photos of an ROTJ blaster: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/44-mgc-sterling-mk-iv/

Looking back at previous approvals, it appears that most people seem to buy blasters from CFO, but it may also be worth searching around for some different print files if you go that route.

And that's it! Again, it's a pleasure seeing an ROTJ application, and there's a bit of work for Centurion, but the DO team is always available to help you out. Until then, congratulations on reaching EIB!

• Like 2

• shashachu changed the title to TK-79008 Requesting ROTJ EIB Status (TM Props) [971]

Thank you so much!! I am honored to be awarded the title of Expert Infantry and glad to be your first ROTJ TK approval ma'am. :peace:

I will look over the L3 (Centurion) requirements and go from there. It is so hard to find a ROTJ E-11, but I will do my best. After reviewing the shoulders bells I will round it out a bit more, thanks for that.  On the shoulders bridges, the previous CRL stated that rivets were needed to hold it in place so I did not want to do that. I can make that modification for the new L3 on the CRL.

I appreciate it very much and thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!! :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1