Hello from the UK!

Hello everyone, I'm Adam from the UK.

I've been reading as much as possible on this excellent forum and took the plunge recently, purchasing an ESB TK kit from RS Propmasters.

Well it has now arrived and if I said I was excited and terrified in equal measure, that wouldn't be quite true - this will be my first build and I'm definitely more terrified!

I will start a build thread soon and then promise to bombard you all with lots of questions!

• Like 1

Hello Adam and welcome to FISD.

Congratulations on your choice and BBB day. RS makes a very good kit. You have done your homework. :duim:

Can't wait for your build thread and photos.

Before you start building, please also check the requirements for levels 2 and 3. Just little tweaks here and there - but so much easier to make during the actual build, instead of later corrections.

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 2

Welcome to the FISD Adam, 

Sounds like you're off to a good start, not a huge number of ESB troopers about.  Make sure you pay attention to the differences, you can't just blindly follow ANH.  Off the top of my head other than the helmet paint scheme, hand guards you also will need to get the correct holster on the right hip with loops.

If you haven't yet done so please head over to the UK Garrison and start a WIP thread there.  This is a part of the clearance process for us and so getting started early helps.  The armourer team are also very knowledgeable and will give good guidance when needed.

Not sure where you are based but I am sure that I'll see you around once the world reopens.

Chris.

4 hours ago, Not a Jedi Yet said:

Thanks Chris.

Just so I understand correctly please, I should effectively have two build threads, one here and one over at the UK Garrison site? Just want to make sure I get off on the right foot!

Many thanks.

Hi Adam. Welcome to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment...

We are waiting for your build thread.

Regards.

Welcome to the home of White Armor, Adam! :-)

Sounds like you’ve done you’re research - that’s an excellent start.

As Chris said, when you can, start your WIP thread on the UKG forum and an armourer (me or one of the other armourers) will pick it up and help you through to clearance.

Personally, I ran my WIP both here and on the UKG forum. I find using Tapatalk is the easiest method. Just create your post on one or the other forum, then copy and paste to the other. :-)

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Best wishes
Dan / CableGuy