850armorworks RogueOne TK?

Trooper1138

Has anyone had experience with 850armorworks (found on Etsy) vendor?  Any Insight would be appreciated. I looked on this site for other vendors and only seen one that listed for RogueOne TK kits. Are there any others who are vetted? Looking for RogueOne TK kit vendors. I am starting to my research on kits, soft gear, and pricing things out. Open minded and welcome insight, wisdom, from the group. End goal is a centurion RO TK. Thank you ahead of time. 

I haven't ordered from them personally, but they are a reputable vendor. I'm ordering from Head Shot Props myself for the armor. They are the only stateside vendors I know of. Jim Tripon also makes the armor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Trooper1138 said:

Has anyone had experience with 850armorworks (found on Etsy) vendor?  Any Insight would be appreciated. I looked on this site for other vendors and only seen one that listed for RogueOne TK kits. Are there any others who are vetted? Looking for RogueOne TK kit vendors. I am starting to my research on kits, soft gear, and pricing things out. Open minded and welcome insight, wisdom, from the group. End goal is a centurion RO TK. Thank you ahead of time. 

They are the only people building TK kits stateside right now. I ordered and just received my R1TK kit today, so yay for Big Brown Box Day! I've got my build thread going, so you can follow along there if you'd like. They are super friendly and responsive, and I trooped one of their Tanker Trooper kits in February at Pensacon. Very well made. Also they have a YouTube channel, and are expanding their videos. Good luck, I'll be going for Centurion level myself too after my Basic approval.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:58 AM, MMcFett said:

I haven't ordered from them personally, but they are a reputable vendor. I'm ordering from Head Shot Props myself for the armor. They are the only stateside vendors I know of. Jim Tripon also makes the armor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

With HeadShotProps, do not trust any date of shipping they give you. (From my experience)

The product quality is sturdy and good, but my god, the shipping delays.

I ordered a R1 TK helmet, It arrived on May 13th, 2020. I ordered it in January. The estimate was Feburary. When I asked about the helmet progress, it took around 1.5 weeks to get a response (which isn't horrible, people have lives outside this.). Every date I was told the helmet would ship was missed. Be it "2 weeks from now", "This weekend" or "on the 15th" for example. Oh, and then communication just stopped. 

In the end, I didn't even think I was going to get a helmet. I was completely confused when I had a package arrive for me in May. I'm glad I got what I paid for in the end, perhaps that's the accidental business practice HSP has. 

I was told the delays was due to a manufacturing problem with the new machines + install, then there was no excuses, just dates and missing dates. And then COVID-19 happened. 
I like to think it was just a load of unfortunate coincidences.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:23 AM, Trooper1138 said:

I own a 850 Armorworks kit, its approve-able. You can check my build log from my profile to see all the parts I got for my costume to be. As ImperialValour said too, he has a 850 kit and is 501st approved. 

• Like 1

I got one of the first R1TK kits from 850. I love my kit, but initially there was a lot of guesswork because no one had an abs kit before. So had to do a lot of guess work and comparing to threads with Jim's kit, and a lot of online and forum references.

My biggest and only suggestion is ditching the abs shoulder straps as is for sd silicone rubber ones, e sd po specially if you're looking to carry the R1 Patrol Pack. The rubber straps are able to handle continuous use of a pack, and also helps in keeping the straps from sliding off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have gotten my kit from them back in may, shipped to Germany. They also have a web page. I liked the kit, lots of things that are not quite clear, but with patience and lots of reference pictures, it wasn't too difficult. Am enjoying it so far. Should be finished soon :)

• Like 1

I also built an 950 Armor Works R1. As it was already mentioned, there is a little guesswork and figuring out what has to be done. 

But meanwhile there are some other builds of this kit. I´m quite satisfied with the kit overall. Actually I´m waiting to get my approval.

You can take a look to my WIP.

Have fun and ask as much as you need to.

• Like 1