Darth Waya's First Build Thread

• 4 weeks later...

An update! This time with pics!

Got my kit back from Imperial Assembly Line last Thursday, but had a road trip to retrieve the new family pup, (Giant Alaskan Malamute named Anakin's Mara Jade, or just Mara. Almost like I'm a Star Wars fan or something. Weird.), so didn't get to do this till today. 

Anyway, kitted up with the wife's help, and she took lots of pics, and even a video. Overall, happy with the suit, a couple adjustments need to be made however.  

1-My chest plate keeps wanting to slide behind my ab plate. Any suggestions to fix this?

2-Knee plate keeps wanting to go up and under my thigh plate. I get the sense I need to raise both my calves about an inch and that should be solved. Any suggestions on how to implement that?

3-I need to attach my belt to the front of the armor a bit more securely, but I have a plan in mind for that.

4-Popped the seam on my left forearm getting my hand through while wearing my glove with the flexible hand cover. Would it be possible/easier to put the glove on after the forearm? Or do I just need to work the angle a bit better

Any other feedback is welcome.

xbe9F6A.jpg

dXEhtSm.jpg

cJYgkTY.jpg

PzO3x5q.jpg

Continued in next post....

Nice work trooper, we do have a pre approval area for more feed back ;) 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

1-My chest plate keeps wanting to slide behind my ab plate. Any suggestions to fix this?

Tighter strapping / double elastic, or even extra straps.

2-Knee plate keeps wanting to go up and under my thigh plate. I get the sense I need to raise both my calves about an inch and that should be solved. Any suggestions on how to implement that?

Add foam behind the sniper plate, generally helps, you can also add some foam on the inside rear of the thigh to help bring the thigh backwards at the front

3-I need to attach my belt to the front of the armor a bit more securely, but I have a plan in mind for that.

Make sure you have curved your belt, helps to take some stress off, 3 snaps are normally tight enough

Dk9FoWc.jpg

4-Popped the seam on my left forearm getting my hand through while wearing my glove with the flexible hand cover. Would it be possible/easier to put the glove on after the forearm? Or do I just need to work the angle a bit better Normally I put the gloves on after the forearms are on, hopefully you roughed both the forearm and coverstrip with some coarse sandpaper before applying glue, helps give something to grip too

Watch the closure of your shins, there shouldn't be gaps at the top ridges and alignment.

You can also use some ABS paste to fill the lower thigh ridge gaps

gallery_12157_15_34529.jpggallery_12157_15_2547.jpg

Position of detonator, not centered.

Shoulder straps not sitting center to each side of the backplate.

Left bicep not under shoulder

Shin coverstrips do not cover all the area before ridges

Ideally should be not gap between the backplate and kidney

PzO3x5q.thumb.jpg.8340601ee7995728b9fc053fac9f4383.jpg

JFwe2HM.jpg?2xliWw92.jpg?2

Bit hard to tell if your rivets in the thigh ammo strip have been painted?

9CL6lwr.jpg

Same with side rivets, no paint.

Alignment of ab to kidney at the top

You may also want to trim the length of the belt, it's almost touching your holster straps

dXEhtSm.jpg

Should only be 2 connectors for STUNT belt not 4 (HERO), also gap to belt

cJYgkTY.jpg

iUZEoDS.png

Shoulder bells are sitting high over your shoulders? Bell is pushing up your left, not sure what is going on with the right, does look high do you have straps attached to shoulder straps?

Forearms touching handplates, move your biceps and forearms upwards to give some gap

Vocoder black paint not very defined 

KKZqeB8.jpg?2

No paint on gums Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

s4AllTr.jpg?1

You may also want to check the position of your shoulder straps, appear at different positions but may be the photo/lean

helm.thumb.png.c07c454f82bd9afdcd029071aed93c98.png

You could also add some ABS stips behind your ab/kidney to stop the sides pushing outwards. Glue them to the kidney and they will be forced to stay behind the ab plate.

xbe9F6A.thumb.jpg.d51bfc8a96f436a66cd6ecda01400ceb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Pulling this one back out of the dust bin. The fact that I paid to have it finished and had some pretty inexcusable items made me put it away until my Mando was done.  The rivets on the belt/holster in particular. Could I possibly cover the extra rivets with fabric? Really not wanting to tear the belt apart and possibly have to buy a new one. 

29 minutes ago, DarthWaya said:

Pulling this one back out of the dust bin. The fact that I paid to have it finished and had some pretty inexcusable items made me put it away until my Mando was done.  The rivets on the belt/holster in particular. Could I possibly cover the extra rivets with fabric? Really not wanting to tear the belt apart and possibly have to buy a new one. 

Really up to your GML if it would pass for basic approval, I don't think you would get through higher levels though.

Anovos had the same issue with extra rivets, Tony did a mod to his 

IMG_6497.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Waya Chetan said:

Worked with my GML, and proud to say, got my approval. TK 15889 on deck.

Well done Trooper! 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/

• Like 2

Great to hear the good news, welcome to the ranks trooper :duim::salute:

• Like 1

Great news! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: Congratulations, and welcome to the ranks! :salute::happyandcheerfulbirthday: