Darth Waya's First Build Thread

Well, since I've started gathering supplies, and I'm on the waiting list for my ATA kit, figured now would be the time to start my build thread. That way I can ask questions from everyone instead of just blowing up Joseph. (Who has already been invaluable.)

Couple questions while I wait for my own Big Brown Box Day...

1-As far as I can tell, the only difference between ANH Hero and ANH Stunt is the eyes in the helmet. Is that correct? 

2- I haven't acquired or ordered a blaster yet, as I noted those are optional for approval anyway. But is the holster required for approval?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, DarthWaya said:

1-As far as I can tell, the only difference between ANH Hero and ANH Stunt is the eyes in the helmet. Is that correct? 

2- I haven't acquired or ordered a blaster yet, as I noted those are optional for approval anyway. But is the holster required for approval?

Hi, future Trooper. 

1- for basic level the main difference would be the helmet eyes, but the CRL states they can be flat too as the ANH one. For higher levels there are a little more differences like ear bumps and the eyes must be bubble. 

2- As per the CRL, the holster is not optional as the blaster is. , even though, you can ask to your Gml

Cheers. :salute:

• Like 1

I can't wait to see the build thread! :duim:

The main difference that I can note between stunt and hero for basic approval is the number of teeth on the helmet, and the number of rivets or the like on the holster to belt connection (hero's have 4; stunts have 2). Then as Mario said, there are more slight differences in higher levels.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Hello and welcome, you will find some of the differences listed on this datasheet https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view

• Like 1

So I was all excited to get home, as I received some of the last soft items for my build today. Cue my 1st potential disappointment. The compression shirt I ordered from Amazon has a logo 2" down on the back collar. Should I send it back? Or will the armor or neck seal cover that?

17 minutes ago, DarthWaya said:

Or will the armor or neck seal cover that?

Hi, Probably the neck seal cover it, It would be useful if you can post a photo when get home.

:salute:

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 9:22 PM, DarthWaya said:

Looking at Imperialboots.com, and notice they ship from China. Should I factor in possible tariff fees to the price?

I, too, ordered my 421s from IB and was not submect to tariff fees. And I'm located just west of you in Georgia. In case you're on the fence about purchasing them, here's a link to a post on my build thread in which I have quite a few images of the boots. Many troopers have them, and love them. Just keep in mind that you may want to order one half to a who size up, since they run a bit small. That will also come handy when trooping outdoors during the cold, when you'll want to wear thick warm socks.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48337-mvs-anh-tk-stunt-ata-1st-build-thread-for-centurion/?tab=comments#comment-677524

Happy days, then the moment of panic sets in "I have to make the first cut" :laugh1: Good luck, looking forward to seeing the progress.

21 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Happy days, then the moment of panic sets in "I have to make the first cut" :laugh1: Good luck, looking forward to seeing the progress.

I was literally about to post that the panic of "I never even built model cars as a kid" just set in...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DarthWaya said:

I was literally about to post that the panic of "I never even built model cars as a kid" just set in...

Happens to us all, after the first cut or you'll think "what was I worried about" ;) 

Also when in doubt with trimming check the gallery section, some great references there.

Here is a helpful thread on return edges for trimming

Congrats, Jason!  When you begin, just remember to save ALL the scraps, as these can be used for interior cover strips on the biceps, forearms, thighs and calves. Do you have your under suit yet? 

TrapUK4.jpg

To add to the differences between Stunt and Hero-  Each ear only has 2 screws, one above the ear bar and one at the base.  For Level 2 (and above) the ear bar can only have 3 bumps, not 4 like a Stunt bucket.  Also, the interior of the Hovi tips on the Stunt helmet are completely white.  On the Hero version, only the raised portions in the back are white and the sides are black.

Hero                                     Stunt

sjXvkrx.jpg?1      dBOvRZW.jpg?1

Looking forward to watching your build!  Don't forget- I'm only 30 minutes away, and I can help you get your entire kit trimmed and most of it fitted in a few hours.

• Like 2

Awesome Jason, now the real fun begins, first cuts the hardest, its all down hill from there and you will have learnt some new skills. Good luck with your build.

13 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Congrats, Jason!  When you begin, just remember to save ALL the scraps, as these can be used for interior cover strips on the biceps, forearms, thighs and calves. Do you have your under suit yet? 

TrapUK4.jpg

Only parts I need to get, other than straps, padding, and snaps, (waiting on bonus checks to resume), are boots, holster, and blaster. (And of course UKSWrath's Speaker system!)

Decided to do a Stunt build, and I will definitely be taking you up on the offer of help. Following your advice and getting the rough trim at least started first. (Saving all the scraps. Glad to know my instinct on that was the right one.) About to post some pics with my Day One Progress.

DAY ONE PROGRESS

Did the rough trim on forearms, biceps, and shoulder bells today. Would have done more, but I was working out in front of my garage, and as @justjoseph63 can attest, Lowcountry mosquitos are no joke.

Pictured my progress, my little supervisor, (Who held the forearm armor up to her arm and exclaimed "I'm a Genuine Stormtrooper!"), and have to thank my Dad for gifting me a tote to carry this all.

CoYenIV.jpg?3

PKxqdse.jpg?2

F6TA9tH.jpg?2

SWdOIJG.jpg?2

Edited by DarthWaya