XiD5W21.jpg

aG7I9wX.jpg

W7KJbcX.jpg

C9pp2py.jpg

9fgR0Y9.jpg

8nlP7Wm.jpg

OXOXmtH.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Eric, and thanks for submitting this AWESOME looking armor!  Definitely one of the best built Anovos kits I have seen in a long time, but I need a favor before we can move you along, sir. As per the CRL for Basic approval, the paint "...does not leave the teeth area".  A small bottle of Goo-Gone, some toothpicks and some cotton swabs would clean up those areas perfectly and should take you all of 15 minutes.  (The blue arrow points to one that looks good).

Reference images

9zxI3jc.jpg      kdV62s7.jpg?1

Although not required for EI approval, I would like to give you a heads-up in case when you apply for Centurion ;).  For some strange reason Avovos uses the correct ear screws in the top of the ears but not the bottom, so these will need to be replaced for Level 3.  I will send you 2 sets (screw/washer/nut) at no charge if you pay the postage.  If interested, just PM me.

Reference images

qlYdiEt.jpg          uwmq5ac.jpg?1   6GamH60.jpg?1

Looking forward to seeing the updates soon!!   :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 3

Thank you for the kind words, I very much appreciate it! Here are the photos of the corrected teeth. Please let me me know if this works or if I need to remove any more paint.

When 15 minutes turns into an hour :P... 

oVeMwfC.jpg

6dBCULH.jpg

• Like 4

Wow! What a good armor you have there bro! Impressive build! Good luck!

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your application and for the quick fix with the frown paint. You've clearly done your research - this is a phenomenal build!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of Joseph and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Starting from the top, although Anovos helmets come pre-painted and pre-built, looks like the trap decal is overlapping the upper ridge a bit. If you find yourself motivated enough, you could either replace the decal, or go totally screen accurate and paint the details.

L5W4krl.jpg

Reference Image:

EiPlazZ.jpg?1

Continuing on with the helmet, we're suggesting that you sharpen up the paint on the vocoder to define the shape a bit more:

ACtC-3flDG1MfPe6clgxScfaKodUbMhqZan-r2zkYLuig89sxUOrAG1caTR8s5DI45zNecadiMJ15HfAPqRR0AGkM4oF09BfhlHVHaUlTnRxT_hPlctvH__1GoItfbxOlgO8k5s3wA-D4Xq_5OU6YM27B0c_yw=w1112-h1482-no?authuser=1

The shape I've drawn in green is just an approximation; it doesn't have to follow it exactly. But if you compare to screen-used helmets, you'll see that the shape is a lot more defined.

Reference Images:

ACtC-3feFO_N80rNGf0_2y4VnKEctqEBMIA_a_iD  ACtC-3cpUFQR4ac24eRR601x4I6nGBH0BPiDcKoE

Next, just a dressing issue. It really cleans up the look of your armor to have the gaps equally sized and the armor pieces lined up. Especially viewed from the back, you can see the bicep/forearm gap on your left arm is larger than the right arm, so we're suggesting you double check the strapping and see if it can be adjusted to be more even. I might suggest bringing the left forearm up, as it looks like it may be running into the left handguard a bit. All in all very small details, but ones that really bring your armor to the next level.

ACtC-3eyz2XStbimfgtmD0BXTBqaUzrS0rtRaNZjLV7Aeytc62TBItbpA1lrnWqGAMXCPJMS79mgKkx40oL8svHPy8uCF-5d6iDqr30hg9DrSC32VKFhrLPn0p_wVDwVZh25fNqAmyihGMirp7nve26W3utvkA=w1434-h1231-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3cl5COlHHbMnQ3uYCdf1b01-Q_wE0rRRu_ZXvnh61XcVmCcmsNi8XGiW7CHMZu6WlQaRKECk3MlvmjJ8JIuBWDZmNno4xdoVeV4iH7ddKIJvWDe2QsT2Hm61bIp7Mu1or6DwfzHJNu9RLGbGavE2yezug=w971-h1091-no?authuser=1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dAA8lB9gzmdq7Z2R9OJtLTd-wThoH3rwrq

Next, just worth noting that on the screen-used TDs, the screws were a bit closer to the ends of the clips, and the ends were squared off, not rounded. I understand that Anovos armors also come with the TD fully assembled, so I'm simply mentioning it for your information.

ACtC-3eDI49ZYIsP3MXF7MRVVDI8_PLQV_twZSJMmyuOzN0kEkxNRVCZjydMG9N5ux9lpGxJgcRE4kMNVjL4Q-msr9o21G-oe2rNqmloGm1Y3UYHn5ZfjSDzOsYpSIbEnqSRHqjlsfcNqYBqGQvzdKqNo5VXJg=w1976-h1482-no?authuser=1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dD1LodPNJ9UYt8RU8wbreNNZPRZCdtUEYN

Finally, just a small detail that on the screen-used suits the shape of the sniper knee was a bit more angular than yours.

AUxrJj0.jpg

Reference Images:

dkBpsjy.jpg?1     UpZBq7o.png?1

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Starting from the top again, as Joseph already pointed out, the lower ear screws on your helmet will need to be replaced and countersunk per the L3 CRLEar screws shall be slotted, flat topped, countersunk and painted white.

ACtC-3f4P1xyl8KXuzLXP_pCKdvmZwBC8DGirfZe

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fxNeB4PE7HIGnKjYoCZiRtB5oG07eLBWvA

Next, the L3 CRL states:

There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

I believe it's largely due to the way you're holding your arms in the front photo as your rear gaps look pretty good, but we'd like to see if you can close the shoulder bell gap any more. This is not an area we're extremely picky about due to differences in troopers' body types as well as differing sizes of the bells from different makers, but one thing to double check is that you've removed all the lower return edge from the bottom of the bells, and when you take your Centurion photos, please take the front ones with your arms relaxed at your sides.

ACtC-3eR7Kq-pqKByCfGgWxDCnAIpgIOes0wwue71DwXzEtptL6fLboesxereitQ-qTetlYiwd2CUs_WlWHOo0C1fftFBJeMty8zEY1VAnZfZt3OFqwDuB-yJQZFZ0h2zrXU-LBPRJcaRxHFTrTzPIjnE_oJqg=w1374-h1350-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3cfaUktWR5BziP2Up6AgPdbp28gkfyQOF1-YJ171-dR9Szk786XT1fmXlnvgOALhDncFURIS-lLE3PokxPQDFuoTKaPGCxVBHLXtFVtTRSfpnxqGzuP4MhuVe5XALUGGpIL7PVW8OUF13aBaH12FBx1GQ=w1488-h1441-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3dVj8sZIKvGV4jZi0oZvcjFWEkZ6J2ZvylZ  ACtC-3dcRw4L7Q3_zCFQf_BLfV5DKNJHXrl-UF4s  ACtC-3fu2D_i_1ded0Y97iM6H_akYchdhFKnQYqr1XhRa06xnUnCBu0EhCUtJPTrWqrv7zxfoClMdCOJa8kgRk5eW-wCsr9FZXScGWVK8bXo61wJObVR8FMgPf89uZ9r5DWLx-mXAUatIAnGcHAOkSPqE3M61Q=w1024-h768-no?authuser=1

Moving down, the L3 CRL states:

The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Your belt is just a hair too low, so you'll need to raise it a bit. If you look at the reference photos, you'll see that many TKs actually had the belts overlapping the lower ab buttons. On my own kit, I added two small strips of velcro to my belt to keep the front from sagging.

ACtC-3cSXLhOK5E73s1rYYoyUQ-aZxMpvX1Qq6HaXdNXXoSzLatElCGu8rJUiBaGWFHCm8uDDftZJEkmqo3uptQTcqkW2q7Hk2S8cz7bgJL5vJzrxqAg4ZPJFs6IyY729qZQrRJqv82zffN3u_AgJ5YRVKZUdg=w1371-h1258-no?authuser=1

Reference Photos:

ACtC-3d6roX0UaOVDMWY4atlaMaIqLm33vbcUPaW  ACtC-3f2JL2_P7Nn8xyo_yC2ByNftiiI2yQNDk7g

Next, the L3 CRL states:

A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate is present.

This is also known as the 'Han snap', and I suspect it's present on your armor, but none of the photos you submitted showed it, so I'm mentioning it here.

ACtC-3dH7uLa8s78NAXagoD9KcK8pEb-QmHqas1YN4FYKVLba4QO6f9XmTaLP1c2MqLIrQPty3glJsUzUETiBkwR0CbQDgmfMDPGsK__gGdknh_E3mLtkGD2UWBX1LbjmjbMNVQaGdf1E9yT4vEw75D4snEiDQ=w986-h870-no?authuser=1

Reference Photos:

ACtC-3clUBiYCWfBa3XJmYgBEj56317r2l1-PJzu

And that's it! Once again, this is a superb build, and it's just a few small fixes to get you to Centurion. We hope to see your application, soon! Congratulations again.

• Like 2

• shashachu changed the title to TK-37423 Requesting [ANH Stunt] EIB Status (Anovos) [966]

Wow! Thank you everyone for your kind words and support! I'm very excited to be part of the effort to reach 1000 EIB members by the end of the year! I'm going to start working on the adjustments I need to make for my Centurion application tonight!  :D

52 minutes ago, GoofTrooper said:

Wow! Thank you everyone for your kind words and support! I'm very excited to be part of the effort to reach 1000 EIB members by the end of the year! I'm going to start working on the adjustments I need to make for my Centurion application tonight!  :D

Yes, you did it!!!...A few easy adjustments and.....CENTURION!!!

• Like 1

Congrats, Eric!  The ear screws are scheduled to be delivered to you by Saturday, so I expect to see that Centurion application soon!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 4:40 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Congrats, Eric!  The ear screws are scheduled to be delivered to you by Saturday, so I expect to see that Centurion application soon!

I received the ear screws today. Thanks again! I have a question about their placement. If you look at the helmet pictures the left screw is slightly above the trim but the right screw is underneath the trim (not visible unless you pull the trim down a bit). What is the correct position for these screws. Thank you! 

10 hours ago, GoofTrooper said:

I received the ear screws today. Thanks again! I have a question about their placement. If you look at the helmet pictures the left screw is slightly above the trim but the right screw is underneath the trim (not visible unless you pull the trim down a bit). What is the correct position for these screws. Thank you! 

The position of lower ear screws is not an exact science, and the placement of the existing ones is fine, so just switch em' out and you will be golden.  Try to make the heads sit as flush with the helmet as possible, though.

• Like 1

I have been working on getting my armor ready for my Centurion application and I'm just about there! I think... 

Here's what I've been working on:

Removed the return edges from the shoulder bells. (Photo shows the one on the right with the edge removed)

9HBCXPr.jpg

Removed the Anovos paint and completely repainted the vocoder:

k4JyChS.jpg

Replaced the ear screws (Thanks @justjoseph63): 

5Je4EAm.jpg

clzkWUu.jpg

Removed the male snaps for the belt, filled the holes with ABS paste, re-positioned the belt, and put in new snaps:  (It was too tight for velcro to keep it in position, it kept falling beneath the lowest button)

I also adjusted the strapping on the left forearm up to even the gap between the elbows. 

iSykg1O.jpg

I am planning on fixing the angles of the sniper knee later today. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures wearing the armor later this week.

Edited by GoofTrooper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GoofTrooper said:

I have been working on getting my armor ready for my Centurion application and I'm just about there! I think... 

I think so!!!:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1