HELP! New! San Antonio

CadetNilz

Hello, I have tried many times to start my armor build to no avail.  I had a set of defective armor I started.  Now I want to start again on the new armor.  I have since moved to Texas.  I really want to find a local garrison armor party or someone near San Antonio to help me with my build.  I am on the trimming phase.  I don't even know where to make the first cut.  The last time I screwed it up.  

Alright so go take a look at the following build thread. When you're finished let us know and we'll go from there. Also I encourage you to start a build thread of your own so others can follow along and help you.  So, if you want to make this your build thread I can change the topic, totally up to you.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46870-lord_potatos-walts-trooper-factory-anh-tk-build/?tab=comments#comment-651090

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, a good idea is to have a look through some of the other build threads, will give you more of an idea of where to start, good luck

• Like 1

Welcome! You’re in the right place! Check out my build thread. I had absolutely no build experience before doing my ANH Stunt. If you have any questions please let me know. There are a whole lot of other threads that can help you too. Take the time to sift through and find what works for you. Good luck!

• Like 1

welcome aboard Josh, you're not alone, we are here to help. most of us, me included, had never made an armor or any plastic cutting and gluing experience. And Here we are!!  :salute::salute::salute:

• Like 1

Don't be like me and be afraid to start. Part of the reason my build is taking so long (besides life circumstances) is because  my current build is my first full build and sometimes I hesitate since these kits aren't cheap and I felt it easy to make mistakes. Sometimes ill start on a section, get scared and move to something else. I post so many photos to try and get as much advice as possible. Yes, armor parties are helpful but you don't need them. Post pictures of what you want or trying to do, maybe mark areas on the photo with Microsoft paint (intended cut areas) and wait for advice.

• Like 1

Exact!!!. Like @TKSpartan says, most of us, (me included too), had never made an armor ...

Watch a lot of videos, post a lot of photos, ask us a thousand times if it is necessary, and then, only if you are sure at 100%, cut...

• Like 1

Welcome, Josh, and congrats on your WTF purchase!  Walt makes a top-quality set of armor, so I'm sure you will be well pleased with it.  As others have mentioned, starting your own build thread will help you immensely.  Posting pictures will be a big part of that... trust me.  Although there are several image hosting services out there, the best one in my opinion (especially for beginners) is imgur.com.  It's free, easy to use, and you can crop, re-size, edit and there is no storage limit.

We are here to help every step of the way and are more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have, but in many cases being able to see the issue is a necessity.  The main thing is to take... your... time on the build.  Measure twice (or 3-4 times), cut once, and always ask for advice beforehand if you are not sure.

Here are 2 links that may help:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42381-howto-post-images-in-threads-using-imgur-easy/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48799-posting-photos-using-imgur-101/

Hi Josh, 

I currently have two sets of WTF Armor and have built them to EIB/Centurion standards. 

If you have any questions feel free to ask away or shoot me a PM if your more comfortable with that. Keep in mind that WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE so you have no stupid questions and nothing is that far out of wack that you cant fix. 

Walt also has some great build videos on his site as well and is active on his facebook page.