KB TLJ build

joshuasme

Jumped on a B kit sale that KB had last month, roughly 1/3 the normal price for a kit with bucket.  While waiting on the armor I had the se44c and f11d printed and assembled.  Both are fully painted although the pic shows the pistol only partially painted.  Gaskets are being made as we speak by Pinky, just ordered a belt from belts of the first order.  Gloves are ordered, still need to purchase shoes once they open up again in June.  Dan isn't able to ship out holsters right now, but I'll grab one once he is.  This weekend I was able to start on the bucket.  Cut out the eyes and the vents, I'll be using UKSWRAITHs audio system, haven't ordered it yet though.  I use his setup in my shoretrooper captain and love having everything inside the bucket.  I'll start trimming plastic this week, just reading more build threads to make sure I don't mess up my cut lines.

fotk3.jpg

fotk2.jpg

fotk.jpg

Edited by joshuasme
  • Like 2

Made my first cuts into plastic.  Also started collecting scraps for ABS paste.  Bucket has been filler primed to point out any low spots and pin holes.  Will be filling them in today with spot putty.

fotk7.PNG.308549ca588e773259cb98c025885afb.PNG

fotk6.thumb.jpg.6745379a98a0f5b07e437eab4b35a735.jpg

Edited by joshuasme
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joshuasme said:

Looking to attach more photos, but it's not really giving me any space.  Thinking I need a second page to reset the attachment size.

You may want to use some app to store photos and then post then via direct link. most in this forum uses Imgur.

Here are 2 links that may help:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42381-howto-post-images-in-threads-using-imgur-easy/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48799-posting-photos-using-imgur-101/

:salute:

• Like 2

Many of us use Imgur, very easy to upload then copy the "direct link" to your image straight into your post 

• Like 1

Completed the ab boxes last night, still need to trim the belt boxes though.  I'll be using ABS paste for the first time soon on those bicep seams and the forearms.  Hoping to not screw things up.  What grits do people use to smooth out the abs paste after it hardens? 

• Like 1

Do not overfill, use less than you think you will need. I personally like to wet sand, but as you are going to need to paint the kit you can use 120 and work up from there. Add more paste as needed, and sand some more. 

• Like 1

Wet sanding does allow the sandpaper to last a little longer and not clog as easily, a few drops of washing liquid added to the water can also help.

• Like 1

Nice progress so far Josh, keep it up.

We shall have some new visual guides for Expert Infantry and Centurion being added to this area over the next few days, be sure to print those out and have a look if you decide to go for higher levels of accuracy.:)

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with the B grade kit congrats on the purchase, follow the CRL and ask plenty of questions and take lots of photos. It is also a good idea to look up other KB kit builds it might give you some ideas and tips along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer using filler (bondo) it's a little easier to sand than ABS paste and normally doesn't leave as many air bubbles, final glaze is more for pin holes and scratches.

Coming along well 

• Like 1