TM Troopermaster has recast CFO cast from original.

sskunky

Mark, I've stood by your reputation for  honesty and excellence for over 8 years now and continue to do so...period.

• Like 2

Mark, I've stood by your reputation for  honesty and excellence for over 8 years now and continue to do so...period.

Thanks mate. I appreciate that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, sskunky said:

Thanks mate. I appreciate that.

Well earned...much Respect 

On 5/18/2020 at 2:09 PM, Daetrin said:

I added my $.02 to the Legion boards.  They really are going to bully anyone who disagrees with them.  Sigh...

Deja vu, man.

Can you imagine if anyone was allowed to have an opinion on Legion boards without it devolving into a raging cesspool lol, It just wouldn't be the legion forums.

• Like 2

Can you imagine if anyone was allowed to have an opinion on Legion boards without it devolving into a raging cesspool lol, It just wouldn't be the legion forums.

I’m glad I’m not part of it by what I’m hearing.

• Like 1

Well, TBH it's the usual suspects who cause all the churn.  90% of the Legion is actually pretty good people trying to do the right thing.  Like any group, there are always bad apples.

• Like 6

It's always the same handful of folks from the same couple of Garrisons. Rarely matters what the topic is, but you can bet they just won't be happy .

TBH they have become white noise to me these last few months. I see a ceetain screen name and my brain automatically tunes them out.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Whether he made the castings (molds/forms) himself or bought them from an un named source, I would think (as any reputable armor maker would) that being in the armor business he should have known it's not right to pull and sell without talking to and getting permission from the original mold owner (in this case CFO/Mark, and or JoeR). I'm sure if someone was to make castings (molds/forms) from one of his helmets that he would be livid especially if someone started pulling helmets or armor from them and sold them to the community! Being mad because of pictures on a CD in the past doesn't hold water with me and make it right! Just my opinion!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whosdachief said:

Whether he made the castings (molds/forms) himself or bought them from an un named source, I would think (as any reputable armor maker would) that being in the armor business he should have known it's not right to pull and sell without talking to and getting permission from the original mold owner (in this case CFO/Mark, and or JoeR). I'm sure if someone was to make castings (molds/forms) from one of his helmets that he would be livid especially if someone started pulling helmets or armor from them and sold them to the community! Being mad because of pictures on a CD in the past doesn't hold water with me and make it right! Just my opinion!

A long time ago... I was tricked into vouching for a "new maker". I was green at the time. I bring his new helmet make here and announce it and without much waring, I was covered up in a flaming storm from many many members here, but mostly by non 501st users and some makers at the time.  Even if I stated that I had nothing to do with the production or business, I was blamed for recasting. It was so intense that I swore never to comeback to the FISD (at that time Paul went all the way and "fished" me back and give it a second chance to the community).

Remembering that, and seeing what is happening now, I can only think that those kind of reactions and the ones we see today in the main 501st forums, serve other porpuses and interests. They are orchestrated to serve certain people and business and can't be bothered if you don't touch what they want.

Not pointing out anyone, certainly not TM or CFO, and it is not a conspiracy theory either... it is just the only explanation I can find for such different reactions over time.

;)

Saludos

PS. Man, I missed the boards action. It has been a while for me.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, iconoclasta_88 said:

A long time ago... I was tricked into vouching for a "new maker". I was green at the time. I bring his new helmet make here and announce it and without much waring, I was covered up in a flaming storm from many many members here, but mostly by non 501st users and some makers at the time.  Even if I stated that I had nothing to do with the production or business, I was blamed for recasting. It was so intense that I swore never to comeback to the FISD (at that time Paul went all the way and "fished" me back and give it a second chance to the community).

Remembering that, and seeing what is happening now, I can only think that those kind of reactions and the ones we see today in the main 501st forums, serve other porpuses and interests. They are orchestrated to serve certain people and business and can't be bothered if you don't touch what they want.

Not pointing out anyone, certainly not TM or CFO, and it is not a conspiracy theory either... it is just the only explanation I can find for such different reactions over time.

;)

Saludos

PS. Man, I missed the boards action. It has been a while for me.

Good to see you. Shame it’s not under better circumstances. 

• Like 2

I just went over the the other forums and read the lot. 

I am embarrassed to be part of the UKG at this time. Some of those people are in top posts and their attitude sucks balls. 

As a costumer, I cannot fathom who on earth can not give respect to people who are lucky enough to be in a position to get their hands on any screen used prop, and have the guts to make accurate copies for others at the risk or ruining an item that can sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

just unbelievable. 

I have huge respect for people like Mark and Joe for doing this and I think that being up front and completing above board business practices is paramount and deserves the respect of others. 

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, firebladejedi said:

I just went over the the other forums and read the lot. 

I am embarrassed to be part of the UKG at this time. Some of those people are in top posts and their attitude sucks balls. 

As a costumer, I cannot fathom who on earth can not give respect to people who are lucky enough to be in a position to get their hands on any screen used prop, and have the guts to make accurate copies for others at the risk or ruining an item that can sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

just unbelievable. 

I have huge respect for people like Mark and Joe for doing this and I think that being up front and completing above board business practices is paramount and deserves the respect of others. 

They are limited by the 501st charter.  Article IX says:

The Legion does not endorse or manage the creation or sale of props, costumes, or costume parts or materials by anyone for sale to others. The Legion will not intervene in private sales or transactions of non-Legion merchandise or products. Legion rules do not extend to any disputes related to these matters.

If you think the Legion should be able to do something about this, submit a proposal.

1 hour ago, sskunky said:

Good to see you. Shame it’s not under better circumstances. 

Yes!  
Not the best time, but it is great to be in touch again my friend.
And same goes for m any others.

Saludos.

3 minutes ago, OCD_Chad said:

They are limited by the 501st charter.  Article IX says:

The Legion does not endorse or manage the creation or sale of props, costumes, or costume parts or materials by anyone for sale to others. The Legion will not intervene in private sales or transactions of non-Legion merchandise or products. Legion rules do not extend to any disputes related to these matters.

If you think the Legion should be able to do something about this, submit a proposal.

And I have responded to this, also on the 501st boards with the below:

https://www.501st.com/councilres.php

Council Resolution 1: Legion's Stance on Recasting
Vote completed on 03/13/2006: 35 Yes; 10 No; 3 Abstain
Reference Link
Resolution: The 501st Legion does not condone, support, or encourage re-casting. It is, however, outside of the scope of this club's mission, charter, authority, jurisdiction, and purview to consume our time and energies as a volunteer organization in efforts to prosecute those who, of their own volition, choose to engage in re-casting.

As leaders in this hobby, we have an obligation to our membership to ensure that they are not taken advantage of with false claims and misleading sales practices. 

• Like 5

Hiding behind the 501st charter imho is also just a cop out. To be fair I know that neither member we 501st but that’s not the point. 

how it does tie in with the legion is the recommendation of armour makers. 

I still can’t believe that the UKG removed the discussion thread. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firebladejedi said:

Hiding behind the 501st charter imho is also just a cop out. To be fair I know that neither member we 501st but that’s not the point. 

how it does tie in with the legion is the recommendation of armour makers. 

I still can’t believe that the UKG removed the discussion thread. 

Shenanigans!

• Like 3

Taken the bait because stefan is quite literally making me pull my hair out over his stance.

Lets see how this backfires on me

I just don't think that someone who has the position of chief armourer in are garrison should see a well known maker recast another makers work and go. And?

Like it's nothing. Because it's not. 

• Like 5

I would like to ask everyone to please keep this thread on track.  This is about TM recasting CFO.  This thread is not about the differing opinions of UKG members.  Thank you.

• Like 2

The original poster of this thread, who is directly effected by this has already said that garrison politics should be included in this discussion. So why do you keep stating otherwise?

• Like 1