TM Troopermaster has recast CFO cast from original.

sskunky

20 hours ago, Rob .T . said:

The F.I.S.D  is full of newcomers who have no idea what this is about . 

Only a few regulars and site supporters really comprehend the enormity of these accusations. 

That's why it's not getting noticed, and it's buried away in " recasters discussions" forum which no newbies care about . 

I don't blame the new comers as much as I do the onslaught of FB groups leading the sheep down a path of their own. We live in a cookie cutter world with an entire group of suppliers, buyers and builders that can care less about respect, honor and doing what's right.    

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, firebladejedi said:

The thread at the UKG has been moved so we cannot even discuss it there?! 

Moved or hidden?

The real background? The background is that he blatantly recast my helmet. There is no other explanation. I’m sorry if this is hard for some to accept but this is a pretty much open and shut case. I have never given Paul permission to cast any of my props, helmets and armours. It’s as simple as that.

Well, he was accused of recasting his ANH face plate and data surfaced for that years ago, yet it fell on deaf years.  Even for the armor (most recasters cast from the inside of a suit which is why they tend to be smaller than the original.  The working theory based on evidence people saw was that he recast from the outside a TE suit and then did an awful lot of work to make it more accurate).

Thank you Mark for posting up such conclusive evidence. I am sure the decision to do so must have not been an easy one, and it took time and care to ensure that your claims were accurate and detailed to the point that it is obvious to anyone what happened.

• Like 3

Both really.

the topic has been moved and the command team are going to discuss it behind closed doors. Not sure why, I think that’s very odd and this is definitely something that can and should be discussed.

Feel sorry for Mark if this is true, I’ve met mark and had long discussions in the past and he’s a top bloke. 

• Like 5

Moved to behind closed doors while the command staff talk about it.

So it has been removed till such time as they make a decision regarding it.

This is all a bit of bombshell, can't believe he would do it.

But what would a Garrisons Command Staff really need to discuss and/or do behind closed doors? TM is not a Legion member so its not as though his membership rights or privileges are in any way impacted. And with the evidence presented its a pretty cut and dry closed case IMO.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bell said:

Moved to behind closed doors while the command staff talk about it.

So it has been removed till such time as they make a decision regarding it.

This is all a bit of bombshell, can't believe he would do it.

Cats out of the bag, it's everywhere. Not sure how the lack of transparency helps the situation or garrison CS.

• Like 1

No idea how that helps the situation. There was a growing argument evolving about how to deal with the issue. Obviously Paul was recommended as a supplier.  

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

I don't blame the new comers as much as I do the onslaught of FB groups leading the sheep down a path of their own. We live in a cookie cutter world with an entire group of suppliers, buyers and builders that can care less about respect, honor and doing what's right.    

Why the buyers?

Why the buyers?
If a buyer doesn't know, care, or understand what recasting is they will support sellers who recast. As a group we care, the general public might not. I saw someone comment that we are all copying from Lucasfilm/Disney anyways. And if nobody buys, then nobody would recast.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ticopowell said:
6 minutes ago, OCD_Chad said:
Why the buyers?

If a buyer doesn't know, care, or understand what recasting is they will support sellers who recast. As a group we care, the general public might not. I saw someone comment that we are all copying from Lucasfilm/Disney anyways. And if nobody buys, then nobody would recast.

Buyers have different priorities.  If all somebody wants is to get approved and troop, and a recaster is the cheapest path for that, I can't blame the buyer.

Just now, OCD_Chad said:

Buyers have different priorities.  If all somebody wants is to get approved and troop, and a recaster is the cheapest path for that, I can't blame the buyer.

That has a lot of presumptions.  The reality is that recasting hurts our hobby.  See 

FYI if you want to discuss recasting in general, please start a new thread.  This thread is specific to a particular situation.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OCD_Chad said:

I wasn't placing the blame on the buyers, it's the state of mind our world is in. My statement "We live in a cookie cutter world with an entire group of suppliers, buyers and builders that can care less about respect, honor and doing what's right."

People stop caring about these things, which as Paul mentioned "It hurts our hobby" 

• Like 1

It is sad news. Sorry to hear about this Mark. 

Just want to know, is TM recast only the helmet or the whole armor too? 

Right now, all I can see only the helmet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, firebladejedi said:

Both really.

the topic has been moved and the command team are going to discuss it behind closed doors. Not sure why, I think that’s very odd and this is definitely something that can and should be discussed.

Feel sorry for Mark if this is true, I’ve met mark and had long discussions in the past and he’s a top bloke. 

I found it odd too

It's open and shut given the evidence

But given the way command staff are its not surprising if it's swept under the carpet as usual

• Like 1

Might I suggest that this thread stays on topic. This is not a thread about the UK Garrison. At this stage, Chinese whispers is not constructive to the original post and purpose.

• Like 3

Wow.   I am just blown away.      Sorry to see this happen mark 

respect amongst the vetted makers is very important to me.  So much we have a private chat group that is just the makers in the 501st.   And we all talk      Open dialect. I feel keeps everyone happy.    Paul never answered the request to join it.    Mark was one of the first ... ( unfortunately)   ... Lol.        Paul helped me along when I first started. Along with Gino .. back then even Gino told me about the recasting  ...    I just could not believe it      But you can’t argue marks case.   It’s clear cut 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sskunky said:

I clearly show where Paul has written in his handwriting his full name, return address and telephone number. I covered the address and telephone number for security reasons. I didn’t think it was a good thing to do to anyone to post that kind of information on the internet despite the topic.

And No, it was impossible to get a group of witnesses together for the opening. There is a pandemic going on. I’m pretty sure my evidence speaks for itself.

I would also like to hear why Paul did it. I’ve invited him to say so but so far he has declined.

The real background? The background is that he blatantly recast my helmet. There is no other explanation. I’m sorry if this is hard for some to accept but this is a pretty much open and shut case. I have never given Paul permission to cast any of my props, helmets and armours. It’s as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, Mark...then let's see what Paul will be says to this story.

All in all....it's a big bomb that exploded.

23 hours ago, GodOfLibra said:

088804e4ac2c9c14c4ff98069871f8ee.jpg

Check the eyes line, are completly different, this is mark photo one face has rounded under-eyes, the other square, the nose between the eyes is different, the windows on the cheekbones are different, and one is higher, as well as having different inclinations, let me understand, you are talking about measures or modules, because there is a big difference

Thats because he sharpened those section therefore the pulls are sharper, this reminds me of the GF vs AFX armor recast debate,  thank fully GF was able to prove AFX had recasted his suit because GF had used a Canadian coin as a tell  on the belt deatil which were present on all AFX suits.

This is sad news!!!!  wasn't there a debate between Gino and Paul regarding TM Stunt helmet? I remember Paul claiming he had sculpted his Stunt helmet  but Gino was convinced he had recasted a TE  way too many tells to be a original sculpt :(

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ABS80 said:

This is sad news!!!!  wasn't there a debate between Gino and Paul regarding TM Stunt helmet? I remember Paul claiming he had sculpted his Stunt but Gino was convinced he had recasted a TE  since there was way too many tells to prove it was a original sculpt :(

Mark (AP)

Yes i believe thats true, i remember  them going at it!  Gino did point out some telling marks on  the TE lid  that were also present on the TM stunt lid! 

Edited by Trooperman

It's heartening to see so many other vendors popping in here and elsewhere with words of support and encouragement. It shows a real sense of community.

A shame then at the direction the thread on the main forum seems to be taking. Last time I looked there were a couple posts that dismissed the issue and almost defended TMs actions.

I guess personal friendships can and will get in the way of morals and ethics...

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I added my $.02 to the Legion boards.  They really are going to bully anyone who disagrees with them.  Sigh...

• Like 2